Thread: Mother jailed for sex with son she gave up for adoption

Default Mother jailed for sex with son she gave up for adoption

Mother jailed for sex with son she gave up for adoption

July 13, 2010

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images.smh.com.au/2010/07/13/1691070/aimeesword420-420x0.jpg') Jailed for sex with son ... Aimee L Sword, 36. Photo: AP

A woman in the United States has been jailed after pleading guilty to having sex with the biological son she gave up for adoption and later tracked down on the internet.
    Detroit area mother Aimee L Sword, 36, apologised at her sentencing on Monday in the Oakland County Circuit Court where she was sentenced to at least nine years in prison.
    She had pleaded guilty to one count of first-degree criminal sexual conduct in a deal with prosecutors.

Police say Sword used Facebook in 2008 to find her son, who is now 16. She gave him up for adoption as an infant.
    The Detroit Free Press newspaper reported on Tuesday that Sword received yearly updates and pictures from the boy's adoptive family in Grand Rapids, her lawyer Mitchell Ribitwer said.
    But when she didn't get a picture when the boy turned 14, she contacted him online through a social networking site.
    "When she saw this boy, something just touched off in her - and it wasn't a mother-son relationship, it was a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship," Ribitwer said. "Aimee's searching for a reason why this happened. She can't understand it. She's going to get some counselling."
    Originally charged with four counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct, the former makeup counter clerk pleaded guilty to having sex with the boy once.
    Investigators said she had sex with the teen in a Grand Rapids hotel and also at homes in Waterford in 2008, the newspaper reported.
    After the teen got into trouble in Grand Rapids, his adoptive mother - not knowing about the relationship - agreed to allow him to stay with Sword in Waterford. Married at the time, Sword shared her home with her husband and five other children, toddlers to late teens.
    But after he returned to Grand Rapids, he talked about the incidents to a counsellor, who reported them to police.
    "It's the first time I've really seen something like that between a mother-son," Oakland County Prosecutor Jessica Cooper told The Detroit Free Press after the sentencing.
    Judge Daniel O'Brien sentenced Sword 30 years prison, with a non-parole period of nine years.
    AP/AAP

The Link
    http://www.smh.com.au/world/mother-j...713-108ts.html

The article placed the attention on the mother, but what about the son? It sounds like he does know how Aimee is related to him, but anyway chose to enter into a relationship with her.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

The son was 14 in 2008, a minor, it's actually against the law for the news agency to reveal anything about the child. The onus in these situations is completely on the adult and she could very well have used her relationship as the biological mother to manipulate her 14 year old child. What a horribly deranged woman and mother.

Well, I think that as an adult and MOTHER she should be held most accountable. Granted, I don't think children are quite as innocent as they used to be. She did not raise the boy, but still knew that he was her son. He was a child at 14. She pleaded guilty to having sex with him once even though the article clearly states they were together and intimate in other various locations. UGH, that's just...wrong.

Even if she wasn't his mother, it's still sex with a minor. Statutory rape right?

"When she saw this boy, something just touched off in her - and it wasn't a mother-son relationship, it was a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship," Ribitwer said. "Aimee's searching for a reason why this happened. She can't understand it. She's going to get some counselling."
    Counselling might be good for her. I wonder what her relationship with her other five children are like? Oh, and 36 with five kids [two teens?]? Wow, must have started young.
    I like me.

Did the son know who she is?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Hm, well the adoptive mother gave the young man permission to stay at the biological mother's home after he got into some sort of trouble. This makes me believe that he should have known that he was at least related to Sword. Besides, how would the woman [Sword] explain to her husband and children the presence of the teen in their home? Thus, I believe that he knew.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    Hm, well the adoptive mother gave the young man permission to stay at the biological mother's home after he got into some sort of trouble. This makes me believe that he should have known that he was at least related to Sword. Besides, how would the woman [Sword] explain to her husband and children the presence of the teen in their home? Thus, I believe that he knew.
    the mother is sick, probably the sick-genes got passed down to her son.

besides, 14 year old boys will ram into anything that has an opening ~
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

Hentai incest, shotacon etc - life imitating art. Japan contribution to the world lol :P