Hi, all

I recently got this offer from one of the online vendors I buy some of my games from. They're offering Ravenhearst free to everyone for June, July and August, although the caveat seems to be that you might need to register at their website (www.bigfishgames.com). I've been with them for a couple years now and have never received any unsolicited email from them, though, so they should be safe.

What is Ravenhearst, then? It's a hidden object game, meaning you get a picture of a room not too dissimilar to what you'd get in a real life teen's (or messy adult's) room - a normal room piled to the brim with all kinds of junk. You're given a list of stuff to look for (in most cases they're pretty obvious, but some US bias results in a little difficulty - "Texas", for example, is the shape of the state as seen in a map. Thankfully there's a hint option.) and once you've found the stuff you move to the next room and unlock some clues as to what happened to the Ravenhearst haunted house. You can replay it over and over again to try and beat the high scores (determined by how fast you complete the whole thing) and I've spent hours and hours on this game (although I'm still on No.2 on the highscore list). The art is quite beautiful if a bit disturbing (it is an old abandoned house, after all), and the music is suitably creepy. Best enjoyed with the lights on if you're like me, or off if you're the sort who likes being creeped out.

Anyway, on to the game. I was told to forward the following instructions:

quote:
Visit the Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst page at http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/1305
Click “Buy It”
In the shopping cart, enter the coupon code: FREERAVEN

Upon completing your free purchase you will be able to download and install the full unrestricted version of this game. As with all games from Big Fish Games, this game comes with the Big Fish Games Guarantee: No ads, no adware, no spyware.

: unquote

I hope everyone has a great time and enjoys their visit to Ravenhearst as much as I have. The series is up to part 6 or so now (Ravenhearst is Part 3 of the Mystery Case Files, and the first one which was really nice) so you can buy the sequels off Big Fish Games if you like, or if you just prefer to keep playing the freebie over and over again it's a good choice too. Perfect if you have 10-20 minutes to spare at a time!