Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the lowest a wuxia character has ever stooped to win a fight?

Default What's the lowest a wuxia character has ever stooped to win a fight?

Good wuxia characters tend to fight fairly, and many evil characters will at least put on the pretense of fairness (however hypocritical) to save face even as they cheat to win. In all of wuxia, however, which character do you think stooped the lowest to win a fight?

Li Mochou using a baby (Guo Xiang) to 'block' GWM's attacks is pretty darn low.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Lin Chaoying using a rock softener to simulate "finger-writing on granite".
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Lin Chaoying using a rock softener to simulate "finger-writing on granite".
    Yeah...that was pretty low.

Four Wudang Pai elders plus Four head disciple against lone woman, Yu Luocha. That was pretty much end of the so-called former glory of Wudang. Moreover they actually lost the fight.
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

Duan Yu throwing a Sacred Vulture girl's corpse at her friend. The girl actually pulled back to avoid hurting her friend (didn't know she was already dead, I think) and took a dart to her throat for her troubles. While it was a desperate measure (the girl would have killed Mu Wanqing otherwise) I always felt sorry for those Sacred Vulture girls, especially knowing where they would end up later had they survived (unless they were Guantian squad, in which case it was probably a mercy). If the girl had sliced through her friend's corpse and pressed on to attack I wouldn't feel so sorry for her.

Huo Du sunk pretty low against Zhu Zhiliu too, but then we wouldn't expect any less from him.

Xie Yanke wasn't actually in a fight, but the way he tried to get Shi Potian killed just to avoid having to perform a task for him was quite low too.

If this was online gaming and using 'Cheesy' tactics or units/powers/skills to win was considered 'stooping low', then Linghu Chong for the win!
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

WXB - throwing lime at opponents face, covering 42 sutra with "corpse dissolving liquid", paying off his assassins with gold to fight for him --> but I think this was all intentional for the anti hero theme.

ZWJ - immobilizing ZM, taking off her shoe, then "tickling" her with internal energy

I'm sure Xiao Yu'er did something - just can't remember...

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    If this was online gaming and using 'Cheesy' tactics or units/powers/skills to win was considered 'stooping low', then Linghu Chong for the win!
    This. LHC sure knew how to use underhanded tactics.

Even though they weren't generally in 'fights,' WXB was also a master of this.

This wasn't a fight, but I thought it was pretty amusing how Wang Lianhua made Shen Lang give girls ehh sexual release by stimulating them with his inner strength.

Some proof that those people with strong martial arts have more to offer women.

This reminds me of how Lu Xiaofeng and his female colleague "defeated" Gong Jiu. That just seemed... stupid.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Poison experts in TLBB like DCQ and YTZ ... they used live students and clan people.

I think in XAJH, the top wulin experts ganging up on a transvestite is pretty stoop too, what's more they tortured his lover to distract him!

According to the series: I feel like I have to say this every time just because so many of you have already read these wuxia books and know there are some (or lots of) differences.

Anyway, one of the Wudang Sect's elders (the one with the daughter) hurt/killed his own daughter to trick Zhuo Yihang into believing that Lian Nichang did it. Not only did he caused his daughter's death but also Zhuo Yihang to misunderstood Lian Nichang and hurt her physically and emotionally which then resulted her hair to go all white. And to make it worse, was when at the end of the series, that Wudang elder told Lian Nichang that he no longer blames her for 'all' her wrong doings, like killing his daughter and stuff, and that he forgave her.

I don't think I can ever forget such scenes just cause sometimes, some of those characters are to freakin' out of their minds and ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by shortsight View Post
    Poison experts in TLBB like DCQ and YTZ ... they used live students and clan people.

I think in XAJH, the top wulin experts ganging up on a transvestite is pretty stoop too, what's more they tortured his lover to distract him!
    That's another pretty good one. We don't often think of what the protagonists do as 'low', especially since the targets are often people that we are led to believe deserve it. But yeah, there's quite a few underhanded tricks that the protagonists used to win fights.

Quote Originally Posted by So Yen View Post

Anyway, one of the Wudang Sect's elders (the one with the daughter) hurt/killed his own daughter to trick Zhuo Yihang into believing that Lian Nichang did it. Not only did he caused his daughter's death but also Zhuo Yihang to misunderstood Lian Nichang and hurt her physically and emotionally which then resulted her hair to go all white. And to make it worse, was when at the end of the series, that Wudang elder told Lian Nichang that he no longer blames her for 'all' her wrong doings, like killing his daughter and stuff, and that he forgave her.
    i just finished reading the book but that's not how it happen. The priest white stone didn't hurt/kill his own daughter and YZH didn't misunderstand anything with YLC. i didn't come across this in the book!

This one comes to mind: in LOCH, OYF snaked through young Guo Jing's legs to get out of his Mongolian wrestling hold.

That should be right up there with Guo Jing's shining moments in LOCH against HYS and HQG on Huasan.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Vic85 View Post
    i just finished reading the book but that's not how it happen. The priest white stone didn't hurt/kill his own daughter and YZH didn't misunderstand anything with YLC. i didn't come across this in the book!
    I think that's based on the Ada Choi version from TVB.

Why does everyone feel it's okay to gang up on Mei Chaofeng, one blind woman, like she's some sort of a free-for-all?

Quote Originally Posted by leorio View Post
    Why does everyone feel it's okay to gang up on Mei Chaofeng, one blind woman, like she's some sort of a free-for-all?
    1. She's dangerous.

2. She's powerful.

To be fair, however, none of Mui Chiu Fung's usual enemies ever play the "numbers" card themselves when they're outnumbered. They do it, so they generally don't complain when it's done to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic85 View Post
    Like I've said, 'according the the series.' I have not read the book so I based it on the series that I saw. : )

There's nowhere on this site saying that we all have to base it on the books although almost everyone of you do. I haven't read any of the books so my opinions are based on certain adaptations that I've seen. Sorry if it confused you.