Thread: So...I met Mahathir's son and grandkids today

Default So...I met Mahathir's son and grandkids today

The kids were really nice. Son seemed like a nice guy as well. Pity about pops.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Nice.... so what's the debate about?
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Whoops, this was supposed to go into Off Topic.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Hehe.. a person's political life normally doesn't really reflect in the family. Tun Ling's younger son is a really down-to-earth young man, and incredibly talented and charismatic too. Tun Mahathir's wife is one of the greatest first ladies you could ever hope to meet, oozing grace and class in everything she says and does. I think that without such a great wife Mahathir would never have survived his numerous terms and stayed sane (or well, not as insane as he could be).

Hei, Tun Mahathir himself is not that bad. He even remember the lady who washed his clothes during his uni days and when her daughter (or son) got married, he sent gift to her.

Dr.M's daughter is also one classy lady.

People who met Dr.Ling and wife also said he's a nice and humble guy and his wife a nice lady.

I guess all people have different facets. People who have skewed political ideals are not necessary bad in all aspect.
    Last edited by kidd; 08-18-10 at 08:58 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Ya, surprisingly, Barry Wain's latest book taught me to respect and appreciate Mahathir despite his faults. He wrote a lot about his routine and discipline and I don't think many people could possibly match that. He did a lot of good to balance out the not-so-good, and if it wasn't for his destruction of the independent judiciary he would probably have gone down as a net gainer and a great Prime Minister.

Tun Ling is really nice too, yes, but not very talkative. TP Ena is more talkative, and friendly, but a bit scary, because you can see she's the one who runs the household and the one the whole family kind of has to give face too.. =) .. and you can see that if she got angry it would be most unpleasant...

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    Ya, surprisingly, Barry Wain's latest book taught me to respect and appreciate Mahathir despite his faults. He wrote a lot about his routine and discipline and I don't think many people could possibly match that. He did a lot of good to balance out the not-so-good, and if it wasn't for his destruction of the independent judiciary he would probably have gone down as a net gainer and a great Prime Minister.
    Just read a review of this book in The Star. Might pick it up if I see it in the bookstore.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

A friend of mine once sent a 500-odd pages proposal to Tun Mahathir. And Tun read practically every page of if. During the presentation, whenever my friend was describing a certain topic, Tun could say from which page is it.

An interesting topic, I support you in this.