Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's up with FOBs adopting anglicized names?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Nice try, but wrong. $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/68.gif')

It's a joke between us. I have no intention to reveal the details. $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/68.gif')
    i understand, you guys shared a secret that isn't convinient to reveal. ^_^ so we won't pry anymore.

You mean, "Bernard"?
    really, i dislike that name, why on earth do you bring it up? i'd already flushed off all my pre-highschool friends and it has since not been in use anymore. =(
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucre View Post
    i understand, you guys shared a secret that isn't convinient to reveal. ^_^ so we won't pry anymore.
    It has nothing to do with convenience. I just don't have the habit of simply telling a convo I had with a friend to just any one when there's really no need to.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 08-31-10 at 03:01 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

It has nothing to do with convenience. I just don't have the habit of simply telling a convo I had with a friend to just any one when there's really no need to.
    Woah, you sounded pretty serious towards a light hearted jest made by a friend. :-/
    o wilku mowa...♪

Woah, you sounded pretty serious towards a light hearted jest made by a friend. :-/
    Nope, not all. I just kept it that way to avoid misunderstanding. Looks like my smiley didn't help to lighten up as intended to. Hmmmm
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Nope, not all. I just kept it that way to avoid misunderstanding. Looks like my smiley didn't help to lighten up as intended to. Hmmmm
    yea it doesn't; probably you'd forgotten your friends autistic inclinations whereby facial expressions are usually overlooked; paying more attention to what was actually said. It's just the way my brain works so I'm too dumb to read beyond what was said. ~.^
    o wilku mowa...♪

really, i dislike that name, why on earth do you bring it up? i'd already flushed off all my pre-highschool friends and it has since not been in use anymore. =(
    Bernard the black sheep. Don't you think it fits?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Bernard the black sheep. Don't you think it fits?
    That name is not feminine enough for me. :-( I like pretty flowery names.

Besides I stopped wearing pants for good to re-affirm my girly side unless it's for work. :-/

Hadn't you always preferred girls???
    o wilku mowa...♪

I don't really mind people with Anglicized names, FOB or not, especially if their original name sounds ridiculous (i.e. Sukh Deep).

As for me though, no way I'm ever changing my first name. I kept my name through Europe and now North America.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by xJadedx View Post
    I don't really mind people with Anglicized names, FOB or not, especially if their original name sounds ridiculous (i.e. Sukh Deep).
    PFFFTTTT OMIGAWD...dang.

Wait...is that...really...Lucre's name....? I'm sorry but I've just been burning with curiosity since I read it.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    Wait...is that...really...Lucre's name....? I'm sorry but I've just been burning with curiosity since I read it.
    Do you mean "Bernard"?

Do you mean "Bernard"?
    yea! YEA!...is it real???? I won't be disappointed either way...but is it real?
    I like me.

I will let Lucre answer that.

How do you plan to piss him off with that, actually? The name does sounds cute anyway.
    A white guy whose surname is Littlewood really does need to adopt a Chinese name. Even if that Chinese name is really nasty, it surely can't piss him off any more than his parents already did.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

I'm not too concerned about your disappointment ^__^

but anyway, no it's not real. my silly friend lived in the fantasy of the past.
    o wilku mowa...♪

I'm not too concerned about your disappointment ^__^

but anyway, no it's not real. my silly friend lived in the fantasy of the past.
    hahaha thanks for the clarification. I'm a yes/no person by nature. It's taken years to condition me out of that...since people in real life occasions prefer to have tentative life plans and decisions. I usually have to control myself [in person] from blurting out "yes/no" to refrain from looking retarded.

A white guy whose surname is Littlewood really does need to adopt a Chinese name. Even if that Chinese name is really nasty, it surely can't piss him off any more than his parents already did.
    Hmmm now that you point it out...how come nobody noticed except you?
    I like me.

In China, at least for the MNC I work for;

All the Westerner's sent here would also have a Chinese name. But those are transcripted names as opposed to the odd Hyman/Romeo/Prince/DJ/Sassy/Hero type names which many of the HK/PRC people are using now.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

You attach strange meanings to the term "friend" then.

From what I know about your relationship with that guy, it could hardly be called a 'friendship'. Yet you have no squirms, and doesn't hesitate to repeatedly scorn me, who is your personal friend (unless I'm mistaken and totally one-sided on this count for years).

Maybe it's time for you to reflect on these points:

1) What is a friend to you?
    2) Your treatment of people you call "friends".

That said, I'm really confused by your treatment and attitude. In real life whenever we meet up, you are always so sweet and nice. Online, however, you become totally something else. >_>
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 09-02-10 at 04:55 AM.

You attach strange meanings to the term "friend" then.

From what I know about your relationship with that guy, it could hardly be called a 'friendship'. Yet you have no squirms, and doesn't hesitate to repeatedly scorn me, who is your personal friend (unless I'm mistaken and totally one-sided on this count for years).

Maybe it's time for you to reflect on these points:

1) What is a friend to you?
    2) Your treatment of people you call "friends".
    Eh? What's this about? Are you desirous of my attention? $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://172.31.254.242/l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/39.gif')

If I have anything more than a friendship with that white smug, I'll dump him for you if only you would confess your feelings to me. $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/50.gif')

That said, I'm really confused by your treatment and attitude. In real life whenever we meet up, you are always so sweet and nice. Online, however, you become totally something else. >_>
    Because you never let me know whether you prefer the soft way or the hard way. So you forced me to try both.
    __________________________________________________ ____________

On topic: Just happened today, my Indian colleague asked me the pronouciation of a strange name - Zyseu HO. HO is definitely the last name, but I'm really lost with "Zyseu". According to him, he usually pronounce it as "Zyseu" as Za-eye-sew. I told him I couldn't help him with that alien name as it sounds more of Greek or Eastern Europe to me. That's one new name added into my Name dictionary. If you never know the existence of this name, try to make a guess whether it belongs to F or M.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 09-02-10 at 01:45 PM.

If I have anything more than a friendship with that white smug, I'll dump him for you if only you would confess your feelings to me. $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/50.gif')

Please do not mock her. I think she was rather hurt by your attitude all this while. I mean, will it kill you to apologize, considering that your actions, whether deliberate or not, has been hurtful; on numerous occasions. I'm quite appalled by your response. This is how you treat a 'friend'. When a 'friend' was hurt by your words, you further mocked her.

Because you never let me know whether you prefer the soft way or the hard way. So you forced me to try both.

I think she just prefer a 'real, sincere' friend. Hard or soft isn't the question. I have helped you by answering your question. I shall assume that your flippant attitude towards people whom you called friends was not due to lack of sincerity but genuine ignorance of our expectations of friends...a little thick maybe, considering you knew us for years, and in real-life to top it off.

On topic: Just happened today, my Indian colleague asked me the pronouciation of a strange name - Zyseu HO. HO is definitely the last name, but I'm really lost with "Zyseu". According to him, he usually pronounce it as "Zyseu" as Za-eye-sew. I told him I couldn't help him with that alien name as it sounds more of Greek or Eastern Europe to me. That's one new name added into my Name dictionary. If you never know the existence of this name, try to make a guess whether it belongs to F or M.

If I were you I'd just say, "I have no idea how to read this name, never heard of it before." Well, I hope he's male, cos I don't think 'HO' is really that nice a name for a woman.
    o wilku mowa...♪

Eh? What's this about? Are you desirous of my attention? $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://172.31.254.242/l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/39.gif')

__________________________________________________ ____________
    If this is going to be your attitude, fine. So be it. I have nothing more to say.

However, I must make it clear that with your attitude, you are NOT, and never will be a certain someone's twin of the light. In fact, the very opposite is true. For all his flaws, he never ever treated me as shabbily.

Just so you know, I wasn't referring to only me.

Please do not mock her. I think she was rather hurt by your attitude all this while. I mean, will it kill you to apologize, considering that your actions, whether deliberate or not, has been hurtful; on numerous occasions. I'm quite appalled by your response. This is how you treat a 'friend'. When a 'friend' was hurt by your words, you further mocked her.

I think she just prefer a 'real, sincere' friend. Hard or soft isn't the question. I have helped you by answering your question. I shall assume that your flippant attitude towards people whom you called friends was not due to lack of sincerity but genuine ignorance of our expectations of friends...a little thick maybe, considering you knew us for years, and in real-life to top it off.
    Thank you, dear.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 09-02-10 at 11:14 PM.