Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 8 HK tourists killed in Phillipine

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    I advocate a minimum age of 50 or 55 for Chinese maids in Malaysia. If Malaysian wives cannot compete with a 50-55 year old maid from China then they need to look in the mirror, or pee in a puddle and have good long stare in the reflection. Damn Ng Yen Yen and her insecure support group - it's a nightmare trying to teach Filipino and Indo maids to cook decent Chinese homecooked meals.
    I have nothing against 50+ years old maids, but that age limit is too high. Maids have to be adult so they must be at least 18 in order to qualify for the job. Again, I have nothing against maids from other countries, but banning maids from china just because of where they are from is out right racist.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 09-02-10 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    I think the opposite is true. Chinese girls are more social conservative so they are less likely to sacrifice their body for monetary gain. Girls from other cultures lack the confucian values that the chinese girls have.
    You are living in a dreamland.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    You are living in a dreamland.
    AGREED 110%. I cannot, I cannot, I cannot, cannot, believe I read that. Cannot. I feel slightly insulted as a girl from the "other cultures" actually.
    I like me.

I think they are victims of the organized crime. I believe they are being force into the profession and doing it willing for money.
    "Forced" and "willing" do not go hand-in-hand.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I think the opposite is true. Chinese girls are more social conservative so they are less likely to sacrifice their body for monetary gain. Girls from other cultures lack the confucian values that the chinese girls have.
    TC, did you actually think so just because Confucius is Chinese? Well, even if Confucius's genes may have passed on, the genes weren't successfully expressed in his every female descendant.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    TC, did you actually think so just because Confucius is Chinese? Well, even if Confucius's genes may have passed on, the genes weren't successfully expressed in his every female descendant.
    Another funny thing is that there was a Chinese civilization long before there was a Confucius. It's funny to think that until Confucius came along, the entire Chinese civilization consisted of nothing but profligates.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Another funny thing is that there was a Chinese civilization long before there was a Confucius. It's funny to think that until Confucius came along, the entire Chinese civilization consisted of nothing but profligates.
    the west also have christianity, which also teaches a set of moral standards, but look where it has gone to?
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

I have nothing against 50+ years old maids, but that age limit is too high. Maids have to be adult so they must be at least 18 in order to qualify for the job. Again, I have nothing against maids from other countries, but banning maids from china just because of where they are from is out right racist.
    Maids are normally only on 2-year contracts, extendable later on at employer/employee's further arrangements. A 50 year old maid will complete her term at 52, which is still not too old. Even at 55, she'd finish her term at 57.

I'm pretty sure there are a lot of elderly ladies who have just brought up their children to adulthood, and while not doing too well monetarily are more than capable of doing basic housework and cooking a wonderful home-cooked meal. If they were willing to take 2-years off from home it would be a blessing to a lot of us, and I'm sure they won't mind earning a good income for a couple of years to take home.

The 50+ year limit was to ensure (or at least minimise the chance) of the maids being attractive enough to be a threat to the local wives. I know that you can get a girl who is 18, but no way the local wives will accept that. Even if you, like the amused Malay politicians say, can go with your husband and choose an ugly one from the agent, the legalisation of young Chinese girls coming in with a work permit is going to be horribly abused, Malaysia being Malaysia. With a minimum age of 50 it solves the problems for most people, apart from those really horrible wives for whose husbands anything will be an upgrade.

And no, Chinese girls are definitely not more conservative and self-conscious. That's bordering on being a racist statement to the West, really. I mean, Malays are supposed to be really conservative, aren't they? I've never met one, but I've been told that Malay Guest Relations Officers are far more frivolous than the Chinese ones.

I just read from the newspaper that actually the police has lot of chances to kill the hostage takers but did not carry them out because they want to "save" everyone. I wonder what if the hostage taker is not their own people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    Maids are normally only on 2-year contracts, extendable later on at employer/employee's further arrangements. A 50 year old maid will complete her term at 52, which is still not too old. Even at 55, she'd finish her term at 57.
    I have nothing against 50+ or even 60 years old maids but we should not disqualify maids who are 18+ and up to the job. As long as both parties agree to the contract, I don't see any problem with that.

The 50+ year limit was to ensure (or at least minimise the chance) of the maids being attractive enough to be a threat to the local wives. I know that you can get a girl who is 18, but no way the local wives will accept that. Even if you, like the amused Malay politicians say, can go with your husband and choose an ugly one from the agent, the legalisation of young Chinese girls coming in with a work permit is going to be horribly abused, Malaysia being Malaysia. With a minimum age of 50 it solves the problems for most people, apart from those really horrible wives for whose husbands anything will be an upgrade.
    It's up to the couple to decide. If the couple have every right to not hire attractive 18+ years old maid, but the law should not disqualify them just because they are falling into that category. Well, if the maids are into prostitution, then arrest them and send them back home for breaking the law. Society should not blame the whole population just because of few bad apples. Again, I don't see young maids from other countries are any better than chinese maids. Basically, you hire a maid to cook and clean, I don't see non-chinese maids can cook chinese food better than chinese maids. For the chinese, it's better for them to hire chinese maids because it's highly likely that they can cook chinese food better than non-chinese maids.

And no, Chinese girls are definitely not more conservative and self-conscious. That's bordering on being a racist statement to the West, really. I mean, Malays are supposed to be really conservative, aren't they? I've never met one, but I've been told that Malay Guest Relations Officers are far more frivolous than the Chinese ones.
    Perhap I can't speak for all chinese girls as their are a lot of different ethnics among the chinese population. However, for the Teochew Chinese, it's pretty much true. They are very social conservative and self conscious.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    "Forced" and "willing" do not go hand-in-hand.
    My bad typo, sorry.

It should be
    "I think they are victims of the organized crime. I believe they are being force into the profession instead of doing it willing for money.