Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Filipino Contestant Isn't Allowed in This Year's Miss Asia Pageant

Quote Originally Posted by Lucre View Post
    thats really strange, why should she be 'embarrassed'? you made it sound like she should feel responsible for something done by someone else whom she most likely isn't related to nor acquainted with, but simply happened to shared the same nationality, she must automatically be burdened with the same guilt?
    Alright, I should use the magic word "awkward" throughout and leave any single "embarrassed" word out.

So IF, the Flip contestant is allow......

Certainly the contestant isn't responsible as a person (for that incident), and we all know that.

Simply happened to share the same nationality??? Well, if she is a Flip, she is. She's the chosen one, she represents her country, Philippine. Now, their SWAT team has made a massive booboo (killing the hostages in process), her fellow Flips from all levels cannot quit making headlines for their acts of folly.

Next, you don't even know this 'potential filippino contestant' and you're already sneering at her possible 'lack of sense of shame' because you have passed judgement on her due to her nationality.
    Sneering? I actually made that comment with her fellow Flips act and responses to the incident in mind. The SWAT team, and the amazingly adorable girls-in-uniforms doesn't seem to possess awareness of disappointment at failure on their people's part yet rather afraid to lose chances to glamour/fun/_____ (whichever word you find suitable). Which is why, I would think there's higher possibility that she won't feel awkward as well since they have more similar genetic makeup. Oh, and the prominent face secretly chuckled during interview (besides his happy smile).
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 08-31-10 at 09:23 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Alright, I should use the magic word "awkward" throughout and leave any single "embarrassed" word out.

Certainly the contestant isn't responsible as a person (for that incident), and we all know that.

Simply happened to share the same nationality??? Well, if she is a Flip, she is. She's the chosen one, she represents her country, Philippine. Now, their SWAT team has made a massive booboo (killing the hostages in process), her fellow Flips from all levels cannot quit making headlines for their acts of folly.

Sneering? I actually made that comment with her fellow Flips act and responses to the incident in mind. The SWAT team, and the amazingly adorable girls-in-uniforms doesn't seem to possess awareness of disappointment at failure on their people's part yet rather afraid to lose chances to glamour/fun/_____ (whichever word you find suitable). Which is why, I would think there's higher possibility that she won't feel awkward as well since they have more similar genetic makeup. Oh, and the prominent face secretly chuckled during interview (besides his happy smile).
    Himmler, is that you?
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

bleh, Jesus taught us that we are all equal. by virtue of you being a fellow homo-sapien, you should be ashamed of what another one of your kind has been doing, going by your rational.

and well, aren't you a Christian? Or you're only selectively one? Pick the teachings that suits you, and then when it doesn't, toss Jesus out of the window?

well, I just managed to get out of work (had a really long day today....geez...more than 24 hrs one shot) so I ought to demand that I deserved forgiveness if I sounded offensive cos I'm tired and hence in a bratty mood.

o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

Another possible risk for the Filipino contestant of she comes. Political candidates might be using her to get exposure and gain votes, like this political candidates. Feel bad for Joey. But, at least, she has the support of some of the fellow friends unlike Jackie Chan.

http://asianfanatics.net/forum/topic...-to-filipinos/
    Last edited by kidd; 08-31-10 at 09:36 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

bleh, Jesus taught us that we are all equal. by virtue of you being a fellow homo-sapien, you should be ashamed of what another one of your kind has been doing, going by your rational.
    I guess it's human nature. It's like sins of the father and guilty by association. When one person in a family does something atrocious, people will tend to hate the whole family.
    It's not right, but, there are a lot of racism in this world. There is a tendency for people to distrust things/people that are different from themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Another possible risk for the Filipino contestant of she comes. Political candidates might be using her to get exposure and gain votes, like this political candidates. Feel bad for Joey. But, at least, she has the support of some of the fellow friends unlike Jackie Chan.

http://asianfanatics.net/forum/topic...-to-filipinos/
    Hahah! Little singers, little producers, little actors/actresses. I love how people are now poking fun at that Miss Lam.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    Himmler, is that you?
    Heh, very funny, Canuck. It's not funny for someone who received a relative's call in the middle of the night and tells you their relative has passed on. And it's still a mystery whose gun shot them.

and well, aren't you a Christian? Or you're only selectively one? Pick the teachings that suits you, and then when it doesn't, toss Jesus out of the window?
    Pardon my OT: Back slided, badly. The devil definitely has a stronger grip on me, but that's not an excuse. I want to keep that by practice but I think some people *judges* us Christian as an evil lot just because they read news of some Christians doings and keep digging for more negative news. So, I'm applying the "One for all" theory they've implied. I cannot help for those who have an emotional range of a teaspoon.

Yes, homo sapiens.... well, I should.

Then there was mention of racism. So if it was the race issue, I would discriminate the Africans and the other races who are often the victims of racism. But no, I don't have an exact word but it's not. If there was effort put in to save the hostages but failed, I can really live with that fine.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 09-01-10 at 03:05 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

The devil definitely has a stronger grip on me, but that's not an excuse.

I love humanity, but I hate people.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post

You fancy an oxymoron?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I appreciate people with an emotional range of a honeypot. $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/5.gif')

Just utterly disgusted with people who continuously displace others' emotions and satisfy their own ego by putting others emotions to test.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 09-01-10 at 12:11 AM.

I thought it was supposed to be the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    You fancy an oxymoron?
    I think I believe I do.

I appreciate people with an emotional range of a honeypot. ( ⊙ ._. ⊙ )

Just utterly disgusted with people who continuously displace others' emotions and satisfy their own ego by putting others emotions to test.
    It's okay. You know, everyone is getting butthurt over matters that are just peripheral to the real issue. It's not reasonable but understandable. In all honesty, initially, I tried to rationalize and apply logic to how people should intellectually handle the situation. I got mad at people for being TOO hurt. However, I realized later that I was wrong and will not begrudge anyone of any kind of feelings that they may have....since I myself am notorious for going off the deep end once in a while.

I just hope that when the waters are calmer, all the people and their respective governments who were affected, can sort this out amongst themselves.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I thought it was supposed to be the other way around.
    It's fine the way it is. People have hurt me, but I still have great faith in humanity.
    I like me.

It's okay. You know, everyone is getting butthurt over matters that are just peripheral to the real issue. It's not reasonable but understandable. In all honesty, initially, I tried to rationalize and apply logic to how people should intellectually handle the situation. I got mad at people for being TOO hurt. However, I realized later that I was wrong and will not begrudge anyone of any kind of feelings that they may have....since I myself am notorious for going off the deep end once in a while.
    I read you. You're right. For the one who gets challenged, it's difficult to rationalize, especially when you're dealing with parasite who continuously provoke/nitpick on you and even it's difficult to budge when people attempt to make a complete fool out of you and failing to realize what was the cause of it. Anyway, I think the sensible and sensitive people deserve the soft spot.

I admit we all can be notorious at different levels. I am guilty of that. I know you're understanding enough to know that. It can be a real challenge to rationalize things and even harder to intellectually handle situation. Many times it's the heart that does the talking rather than the mind does reasoning. In real life, I really will just walk away rather than do more talking. One's expression is enough to tell their dismay.

It's a healthier choice to take time off, stay away from the source of hurt and let alone. Getting too indulged in a situation, especially online, can increase the frustration.

I just hope that when the waters are calmer, all the people and their respective governments who were affected, can sort this out amongst themselves.
    There will be alot of who, what, where, when for them to sort out when all water goes under the bridge.

I think I believe I do.

It doesn't matter that you realise later and even apologise. The damage has been done and the hurt has been bestowed. The hurt party will not easily forgive, even if he/she tried to. But, the resentment is still there. I've experienced it myself (being the one doing the hurting unintentionally) and it still hurts me that no matter what I do to try to heal the wound, the wound still will not heal. I guess I'll just have to learn to not care so much and try to feel less hurt little by little.

Lesson learn here is try to be more careful and tactful when giving opinions and not let your emotions rule you, even if in forums, if you have forum friends.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I guess it's human nature. It's like sins of the father and guilty by association. When one person in a family does something atrocious, people will tend to hate the whole family.
    It's not right, but, there are a lot of racism in this world. There is a tendency for people to distrust things/people that are different from themselves.
    it only becomes a problem when people refused to admit that they too were swayed by emotion, and this emotion is in fact a weakness. When one failed to see the wrong in it, one will be very caught up in such feelings, allowing it to devour his or her own soul. The fact that you can say "it's not right" means you are at least aware, and being aware means you can align yourself back to the 'right path'. When you're capable of that, then it's not as dangerous.

I find it quite frightening that many humans are always accusing & despising others over what they themselves are always doing, which is also known as hypocrisy...even though I understand that very often these people are unaware of themselves.
    o wilku mowa...♪

To Cedric,

I read you. You're right. For the one who gets challenged, it's difficult to rationalize, especially when you're dealing with parasite who continuously provoke/nitpick on you and even it's difficult to budge when people attempt to make a complete fool out of you and failing to realize what was the cause of it. Anyway, I think the sensible and sensitive people deserve the soft spot.

my dear friend, before you keep jumping the gun, two things to reflect.

1. are you sure there are so many people who are out to nitpick on you, and wanting to make a fool out of you? Are you seeing demons which aren't there? In life, we often get upset over perceived issues, rather than genuine ones.

2. if you're not a fool, then others could never make you one, so you don't have to worry about it at all. =) Just see it this way, and you'll realised there's nothing to get upset them anymore.

I admit we all can be notorious at different levels. I am guilty of that. I know you're understanding enough to know that. It can be a real challenge to rationalize things and even harder to intellectually handle situation. Many times it's the heart that does the talking rather than the mind does reasoning. In real life, I really will just walk away rather than do more talking. One's expression is enough to tell their dismay.

For me, expression has very low effect, that's why more than half my life time I made enermies because I couldn't sense people from facial expression, and always read them based on exactly what they said. I slowly began to realise my flaws I need to overcome, and tried to read expressions - so my head always compute and link expressions, small subtle body language with standard intepretation, making it a habit to observe since I got a very low 'feel key'; although the irony is, I'd always have very rich expression - especially when I was younger, I was scolded that most of them are inapprorpriate.

It's a healthier choice to take time off, stay away from the source of hurt and let alone. Getting too indulged in a situation, especially online, can increase the frustration.

You're a much easier person to deal with in real-life, but I suppose like you say, you can just retract, whereas online, there's no real-threat to push you back to the corner. I also suggest that you say a short prayer if you're emotionally fired up and couldn't calm yourself. Getting frustrated already clouded your judgement, and you might see demons that aren't really there.

There will be alot of who, what, where, when for them to sort out when all water goes under the bridge.
    o wilku mowa...♪

Pardon my OT: Back slided, badly. The devil definitely has a stronger grip on me, but that's not an excuse. I want to keep that by practice but I think some people *judges* us Christian as an evil lot just because they read news of some Christians doings and keep digging for more negative news. So, I'm applying the "One for all" theory they've implied. I cannot help for those who have an emotional range of a teaspoon
    You knew it's not an excuse...and even if everyone is judging you, down to your last best friend or closest family, it still does not change what Jesus had taught. The challenge is, do you love Him more to follow His words, or the ways of the world?

I hope that you do at least recognize that I'm writing all that because you are my friend, and at least I have a duty to drag you back from the devil if you seemed to join their wagon.

If you cannot be above that, then you'll just be joining the ranks of those who gave Christianity a bad name, since you claim yourself to be one. With you amongst their numbers, why should you be hurt if others think of Christians as 'evil', since you're not doing anything to change their views?
    o wilku mowa...♪

To Cedric,
    my dear friend, before you keep jumping the gun, two things to reflect.

1. are you sure there are so many people who are out to nitpick on you, and wanting to make a fool out of you? Are you seeing demons which aren't there? In life, we often get upset over perceived issues, rather than genuine ones.

2. if you're not a fool, then others could never make you one, so you don't have to worry about it at all. =) Just see it this way, and you'll realised there's nothing to get upset them anymore.
    Dear Lucre,

1) No, certainly, but it may not be the same when it happens that people whom you had disagreement (perhaps, on an earlier issue) could be trying something funny, or, perhaps the person's ill morality had shown earlier on and they just come around with a similar annoying tone. Is that feeling/ that hint I'm receipting.

2) You think so? It's difficult when it is just right there. But I'll try. Usually, I will come around, just a matter of time.

For me, expression has very low effect, that's why more than half my life time I made enermies because I couldn't sense people from facial expression, and always read them based on exactly what they said. I slowly began to realise my flaws I need to overcome, and tried to read expressions - so my head always compute and link expressions, small subtle body language with standard intepretation, making it a habit to observe since I got a very low 'feel key'; although the irony is, I'd always have very rich expression - especially when I was younger, I was scolded that most of them are inapprorpriate.
    I am sensitive, it can be good or bad. I will usually take notice of the expression besides listening to what they say (because sometimes expression don't telly with words and words can be lies). I feel what people say and observe their gestures.

When I'm upset, the atmosphere somehow tells people around me, so I don't need to speak a word. Not that I'm bothered to speak a word, actually.

You're a much easier person to deal with in real-life, but I suppose like you say, you can just retract, whereas online, there's no real-threat to push you back to the corner. I also suggest that you say a short prayer if you're emotionally fired up and couldn't calm yourself. Getting frustrated already clouded your judgement, and you might see demons that aren't really there.
    I have no problem taking the heat when people are honest with their feeling in real life.

I believe the bible would have that effect on me, now if only I could reach to my bible, because there's barely any prayer in my memory.

You knew it's not an excuse...and even if everyone is judging you, down to your last best friend or closest family, it still does not change what Jesus had taught. The challenge is, do you love Him more to follow His words, or the ways of the world?
    He gave me the choice to follow or stray, I will try to follow his words with my best. I know He would always extend His love to me, on top of my family's, the people close to my heart that I should be laughing even when I sleep. Thanks for reminding me how much I'm loved.

I hope that you do at least recognize that I'm writing all that because you are my friend, and at least I have a duty to drag you back from the devil if you seemed to join their wagon.
    Thanks, I appreciate it. Very long post but I took time to read.

If you cannot be above that, then you'll just be joining the ranks of those who gave Christianity a bad name, since you claim yourself to be one. With you amongst their numbers, why should you be hurt if others think of Christians as 'evil', since you're not doing anything to change their views?
    I'm a rebellion deep down, and definitely won't stray in His name.

The devil will always have a firmer attach to the Christians, and pull out the rage in them to perform extreme acts so as to put off non-Christians and let the Christian stray from Christian community by disheartening them in various ways.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 09-01-10 at 09:48 AM.

1) No, certainly, but it may not be the same when it happens that people whom you had disagreement (perhaps, on an earlier issue) could be trying something funny, or, perhaps the person's ill morality had shown earlier on and they just come around with a similar annoying tone. Is that feeling/ that hint I'm receipting.

I found myself in this trap at times, and then I'll step back and reflect, I realized I was clouded by mis-judgement, partly out of our own inbuilt arrogance. Humans are by nature 'sinful', so the devil doesn't really need to work very hard to lead us astray. It's more dangerous if we blocked out that possibility. Sometimes you sounded a little aggressive or heated up in forums in particular, so I'm just a friend who wanted to tell you something contrary. In the end, it is you who will have to access the situation.

2) You think so? It's difficult when it is just right there. But I'll try. Usually, I will come around, just a matter of time.

Well, I truly believed that nobody can make a fool out of me, if I'm not one. But I often make a fool out of myself, by my own mistakes and conduct. Having ownership to one's own actions does combat one's folly-factor

I am sensitive, it can be good or bad. I will usually take notice of the expression besides listening to what they say (because sometimes expression don't telly with words and words can be lies). I feel what people say and observe their gestures.

When I'm upset, the atmosphere somehow tells people around me, so I don't need to speak a word. Not that I'm bothered to speak a word, actually.

we are very different people, so sometimes communication between us ain't easy. What seemed like this to you, wasn't really what I am, and vice versa. ^_~

I have no problem taking the heat when people are honest with their feeling in real life.

I believe the bible would have that effect on me, now if only I could reach to my bible, because there's barely any prayer in my memory.

There are many forms of prayers, find one that suits you.

He gave me the choice to follow or stray, I will try to follow his words with my best. I know He would always extend His love to me, on top of my family's, the people close to my heart that I should be laughing even when I sleep. Thanks for reminding me how much I'm loved.

He always gave us a choice, that is why He is worthy of our love. Rather, He is so wonderful, that we wanted to be near Him, and the only way to do so is to listen to Him. I am glad you felt Him with my reminder. Praise the Lord. ^_^

Thanks, I appreciate it. Very long post but I took time to read.

Thank you. I expect no less from a friend. But that's because I'm human, and not as perfect as our Lord.

I'm a rebellion deep down, and definitely won't stray in His name.

My friend, humans always stray...in fact each time we 'sin', we strayed. 'sin' doesn't have to be some mortal sin you are committing, but 'sin' simply means turning away from God. By allowing ourselves to behave out of Christian context, we are already turning away from Him.
    You shall be in my prayers. =) Pray that you would always walk closely with our Lord.

The devil will always have a firmer attach to the Christians, and pull out the rage in them to perform extreme acts so as to put off non-Christians and let the Christian stray from Christian community by disheartening them in various ways.

Each time we gave in to our human weakness, the devil has a stronger hold each time we took a step further away from God. Guard your heart, my friend.
    o wilku mowa...♪