Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playful Kiss

Thumbs up Playful Kiss

Taiwanese version of It start with a kiss
    Based on the popular manga, Oh Ha Ni is a clumsy student who falls for the perfectionist, Baek Seung Jo. However, Seung Jo is indifferent towards her and rejects her love. When Ha Ni's house collapses, she and her father moves into his long-time friend's house. It turns out that Seung Jo is the friend's son and Ha Ni is given the opportunity to be near the guy she loves. Will she be able to move Seung Jo's heart?

Cast:
    Kim Hyun Joong as Baek Seung Jo
    Jung So Min as Oh Ha Ni
    Lee Tae Sung as Bong Joon Gu
    Lee Si Young as Yoon He Ra
    Jung Hye Young as Hwang Geum Hee (Seung Jo's mother)
    Oh Kyung Soo (오경수) as Baek Soo Chang (Seung Jo's father)
    Choi Won Hong as Baek Eun Jo (Seung Jo's brother)
    Kang Nam Gil as Oh Ki Dong (Ha Ni's father)
    Hong Yoon Hwa (홍윤화) as Jung Joo Ri (Ha Ni's friend)
    Yoon Seung Ah as Go Min Ah (Ha Ni's friend)
    Jang Ah Young as Hong Jang Mi
    Bye Bye Sea as Bong Joon Gu's idols
    Hwang Hyo Eun as Song Kang Yi (Ha Ni's homeroom teacher)
    Song Yong Shik (송용식) as Song Ji Oh
    Moon Hoe Won (문회원) as Head Teacher Hwang
    Kang Doo

For those who a fan of Kim Hyun Joong this series is perfect. I prefer him over Joe Cheng any time.

I think you meant the Korean version of It Started With a Kiss.

Heard the ratings are pretty low because there's a lot of plagarism from Princess Hours (Goong) which was produced by the same team. The leading lady wasn't as strong as YEH in Princess Hours and haircut, lines etc are not quite original.

I felt they should give this series more chances because Kim Hyun Joong spent some time to get his lines right as a genius of 180. Reminds me of Sheldon Cooper in Big Bang Theory.

I haven't actually sat down to watch this drama yet but I did quickly skimmed through the first two episodes w/o the subs and I agree about the similarities to Goong. They even had the teddy bears at the end of the episodes. Wonder why they chose to make it so similar. It would have been nice to see this drama having it's own unique style.

Even Jung So Min resembles Yoon Eun Hye at some angles and has similar expressions. I do hope she doesn't getting annoying though like YEH did in Goong.

I'm surprised by the very low ratings. Maybe the drama aired at the wrong time. I wonder if it's because of Baker King, Kim Tak Goo. Maybe people don't want to miss any episodes of that drama.

Nevertheless, I do hope it gets better ratings later on. I'm definitely looking forward to watching this drama (I'm waiting for it to finish airing before starting it) because of Kim Hyun Joong and am hoping that his acting has improved since Boys Over Flowers.
    Last edited by botan; 09-05-10 at 05:38 PM.

How many different times are they going to remake this story? Now all that's missing is a mainland Chinese version.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    How many different times are they going to remake this story? Now all that's missing is a mainland Chinese version.
    as with all other popular shoujo mangas, these days all they really lack script. It's easier to just adapt from mangas.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

I haven't watch Princess Hour so I can't judge, but I prefer KHJ over Joe Cheng version. It just me or this version is little to fast for me

I'm not watching this drama because I've already seene the Its started with a Kiss ANIME and some episodes of the old Japanese version, so I can't be bothered with watching the Taiwanese or Korean version of the same story.

I'm watching Sungkyunkwan Scandal instead.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I'm not watching this drama because I've already seene the Its started with a Kiss ANIME and some episodes of the old Japanese version, so I can't be bothered with watching the Taiwanese or Korean version of the same story.

I'm watching Sungkyunkwan Scandal instead.
    I'd watched the Japanese version with Aiko Sato and Takashi Kashiwabara.

But that's really like more than a decade ago. =p
    o wilku mowa...♪

i luv this series, gives a different vibe from the previous adaptations. And for sure, the girl is not annoying.
    It gives me a 'sweet' feeling watching the series. I rarely compare any remake to each others because i just wanna enjoy what i want to watch. When i watched eps2, in the end i kind of screamed "ahhhhhh so sweet!! and found myself smiling" Can't wait for tonight

tanteun, you're right the girl is less annoying than Ariel. The most interesting character is the Jame Dean hair character. I don't remember his character name just that his hair style is weird & funny that I laugh my head off. I want to see more. I love KHJ

Quote Originally Posted by bachtuyet View Post
    tanteun, you're right the girl is less annoying than Ariel. The most interesting character is the Jame Dean hair character. I don't remember his character name just that his hair style is weird & funny that I laugh my head off. I want to see more. I love KHJ
    You posted the cast list on the first post here, you can figure out that character's name.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I don't remember the name just face, easier to remember. You know whom I'm talking right away just watch the series. It the most hilarious hairy do you ever see especially with his face structure

I probably might catch this version when it comes out. Seems better than the Taiwanese version. I stopped watching It Started With a Kiss after two episodes coz I love the Japanese version a lot. Never understood why ISWAK was received so well that they even have a sequel.

In the Japanese version, Aiko has such big eyes like Little Swallow and she has that innocence. There's a really sweet feeling when the classmates wrote letters, send chocolates during special occasions and also all the sacrifices that Aiko made for Takashi. I like Takashi's mother as well. She's very nice to Aiko. Overall, it's a very sweet and cute show. Takashi really acts the part of the really smart guy well. Much better than Zheng Yuanchang.

Nefertari, you will love BJS mother in this series. She throw them together at very chance she get.

despite of the low rating, this series is getting sweet n sweeter ^^ i luv the dynamic of the characters, BSJ & OHN. Both are very sweet n adorable.

I watched the anime version of this series a few years back and Playful Kiss pretty much follows the same screenplay almost. Well, it has the same feel.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://media.onsugar.com/files/ons1/381/3811551/37_2009/23/ItazuranaKiss.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f242/red_frogs/BlogStuff/Itakiss500.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d133/sleepinblue41/Anime/ItazuranaKiss.jpg')
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 09-17-10 at 01:01 PM.

it's an adaptation of the manga, so i guess the storyline has to more or less follow the same plot lines of the manga...

they can't deviate too much from the original story...

Jung So Min, who is the girl playing Kotoko (Oh Ha Ni in the Korean Version) is very much better in this drama. I didn't like her in Bad Guy, but here, she is very cute! I like how she brings out the determination & spirit of Kotoko.

Kim Hyun Joong's acting has also improved from BOF days... and he's adorable to watch... keeping an eye out for the rare instances when he breaks out into a smile! which is happening more often when he's around Oh Ha Ni...

I hope the Korean adaptation can follow the manga all the way through to marriage and post marriage life, but not drag out the show until 2 seasons like the Taiwanese version.

pdt 85, where do you find the anime version of this series? I find this series a lot better than taiwan version. I find Oh ha ni character hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post
    I probably might catch this version when it comes out. Seems better than the Taiwanese version. I stopped watching It Started With a Kiss after two episodes coz I love the Japanese version a lot. Never understood why ISWAK was received so well that they even have a sequel.

In the Japanese version, Aiko has such big eyes like Little Swallow and she has that innocence. There's a really sweet feeling when the classmates wrote letters, send chocolates during special occasions and also all the sacrifices that Aiko made for Takashi. I like Takashi's mother as well. She's very nice to Aiko. Overall, it's a very sweet and cute show. Takashi really acts the part of the really smart guy well. Much better than Zheng Yuanchang.
    the japanese version is better as a show, but it deviates from the manga by alot actually.

but then again, so is the taiwanese version. i think the anime version is still the best.
    o wilku mowa...♪

anybody know where I can find the anime version of this series?