Thread: Halloween as an excuse for girls to wear less

Default Halloween as an excuse for girls to wear less

I've always liked to dress up on Halloween and go trick-or-treating. I've been doing that each year for the past 18 years in this country. So as I grew older, I realized how a lot of older girls/women wore incredibly revealing costumes. Even the normally conservative girls would be out and about wearing these skimpy outfits. Is it because "Halloween is the one night a year when girls can dress like a total **** and no other girls [or guys] can say anything about it?" Quote taken from Mean Girls.

I don't know...I just feel like it's so...wrong somehow?

"Halloween is the one night a year when girls can dress like a total **** and no other girls [or guys] can say anything about it?" Quote taken from Mean Girls.
    The wisdom in it.

A night of seduction, perhaps. But yes, I agree that it feels very wrong.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

this is why i LOVE halloween!!! man i hear from my co-workers, even in china, them girls going to be in bikinis!!!
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    this is why i LOVE halloween!!! man i hear from my co-workers, even in china, them girls going to be in bikinis!!!
    What has Halloween got to do with China?

It seems like many parts of the world is simply following suit; just because it's a big thing in the US it's suddenly a big thing too in other countries with different cultures and traditions.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

kids love free candy the world over they also like free gifts. parents can feel that it is appropriate to have certain holidays to spoil there children once or twice a year, hence the adoption of christmas as nothing more then a commercial holiday in country's where a belief in christ is not necessarily a widespread phenomenon. just a few random thoughts.

[furthermore these holidays are great moneymakers for-say toy/candy/clothes/gadget makers so they naturally want to proliferate these holidays through the media/marketing]

People as a whole are vain. Most just need an excuse.

I can definitely see this, especially when I'm now trying to put together my Tieria costume and can't find anything in length that's below the knee for women. I have the same opinion towards Halloween costumes as I do towards cosplaying - if you can do a good job and pull it off, then go ahead. I don't care if it looks a bit too skimpy as long as you're hot - though that only applies to the females, I do not want to see a skimpyly dressed man (will punch him out if I see one). Though often you see some pretty shitty skimpy costumes, and I'm just like, why do you even try.

Anyway, what are people dressing up as? I'll be dressed as a guy dressing as a girl .
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

haha i was just thinking about this. contrary to other girls around, i actually like dressing up in cover-ups for halloween. who said u have to be a 'naughty' nurse or school teacher? i want to be a Queen this year, bow down to me ****s! plus, i stand out. win.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

In fact, I believe that Halloween is indeed the favorite holiday of grown ups everywhere because women are given an excuse to dress skimpily and men are allowed to ogle to better take in the "artistry" of the costume. LoL If you look good, whatever, but please don't try to dodge the truth. Certainly, I believe it takes the innocence out the holiday...but it's not like Halloween is Easter or Christmas.

Anyway, I have a girlfriend who is going as a Rubik's Cube this year...LOL! I wonder how that will turn out. I'm probably not doing anything for Halloween this year though. Just not in the celebratory mood.
    I like me.

This thread needs more pictures of women wearing skimpy Holloween costumes.

If they're sexy costumes and they look good in it, I don't mind. But half of them just look downright trashy and dirty.

This is just incredibly good:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bellatr...n/photostream/

No way I'm pulling something like this off this year .
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    What has Halloween got to do with China?

It seems like many parts of the world is simply following suit; just because it's a big thing in the US it's suddenly a big thing too in other countries with different cultures and traditions.
    im wondering that too. apparently all u do is dress up and go to the club here , no trick or treating or anything, not that i care about that anyways
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Yes, I think for most people, Halloween is the one time of the year for them to show as much as possible without being picked on for showing so much skin.

So how old is too old to trick or treat?
    Less Than Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by mi do ri View Post
    So how old is too old to trick or treat?
    For me, it's how tall is too tall to trick or treat. I didn't stop until I was 16? I was a little under 5ft tall then. Kids today are really BIG.
    I like me.

Well I'm still short so I'll be trick-or-treating forever at this rate. =)

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    Well I'm still short so I'll be trick-or-treating forever at this rate. =)
    That's what I thought about myself. Since I'm super short (not midget though), so all I need is a mask and they won't be able to tell. Unfortunately, the spirit of Halloween is slowly dying, at least in my neighborhood and its surroundings. I think it's probably 4 out of every 10 houses that actually have decorations up and give out candies.
    Less Than Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by mi do ri View Post
    That's what I thought about myself. Since I'm super short (not midget though), so all I need is a mask and they won't be able to tell. Unfortunately, the spirit of Halloween is slowly dying, at least in my neighborhood and its surroundings. I think it's probably 4 out of every 10 houses that actually have decorations up and give out candies.
    Come visit me and we can go trick-or-treating together. And then back to my house for some warm pho. =D