Thread: Deciphering Jin Yong's real intentions for these Accidentally Extraordinary Feats

Default Deciphering Jin Yong's real intentions for these Accidentally Extraordinary Feats

There are a few feats in Jin Yong universe that, as detailed in the novel, seem too great and unlikely to be the author's intention:

1. Murong Bo launching a 80 feet LDA

2. SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan tossing an object across several miles.

3. Yue Buqun transmitting internal energy to Lin Pingzhi without physical contact

Most likely Jin Yong skipped some details which would have made them it more explicit what he intended.

For these cases, what do you think Jin Yong's real intentions were? How did Jin Yong really intended these feats to be?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

1. I don't think the LDA was 80 feet. Now MRB is a great master of martial arts and so we should expect to see powerful feats from him, but a 80 feet LDA is drastically greater than the distance of any other LDA which does not involve throwing an object (e.g. HYS Tanzhi Shentong), whereas he is not necessarily more powerful than XF, XYS etc. I think if JY intended for it to be a 80 feet LDA, he would have narrated that it was a fantastic distance, or had characters comment how how the distance of the attack was unprecedented.

2. This should just be JY forgetting how big the distance was IIRC.

3. Don't precisely remember this scene (is it where YBQ deflects some attack against LPZ into the ground?) but it might be explicit that there was no physical contact, so maybe.
    Reverend Rongku prepared himself.

Suddenly, he toss his hands and screamed: "I am not human! I am an animal!"

The crowd startled at such a bizarre beginning to the story.

excuse my ignorance, but what does LDA stand for? I'm assuming the first 2 alphabets stand for Long Distance?