Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FarmVille Playing Mom Admits She Killed Infant Who Interrupted Facebook Game

Murdering a born 3-month old baby is pretty different from aborting a 3-month fetus, in my mind at least.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    Murdering a born 3-month old baby is pretty different from aborting a 3-month fetus, in my mind at least.
    The keyword here is "murder". Some consider murder as... murder, nevermind if it's a fetus or baby.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    The keyword here is "murder". Some consider murder as... murder, nevermind if it's a fetus or baby.
    Thank you darling.

It helps to call it a fetes actually. It's mankind's ways of dehumanizing the person, by not even calling 'it' a baby, thus reducing the dignity of the unborn child to a mere 'parasite' in a woman's womb.

i have yet to hear any pregnant mommy rubbing her tummy and goes, "aw my fetes is growing well", it has always been 'baby', 'child' and other common affectionate terms that one would call a born-kid.

It goes to show that mothers already consider these fetes as human-beings. I was talking to my pregnant colleague two days ago, and she talked about how her son moved about in the tummy, and she felt sorry for him having to bear with the small space he is confined within, and the need to push her tummy whenever he turns.

That's a child for goodness sake. Just because it requires the environment of the mother's womb does not make killing it not a 'murder'.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

It's fetus, not fetes.

Fetus is the correct term for that stage of development. Doesn't matter loving moms want to call the fetus in their womb baby, honey, sweetie, son. It's still a fetus. Some people call their pet 'baby' too.

On dehumansing a 'baby' by calling it a 'fetus', evil human has no intention doing so. Fetus comes from the Latin word which means offspring, bringing forth, hatching of young.

Anyway, it's all just a play of words depending of someone's belief. Pro-choicers will use more clinical term to describe it while pro-lifers will use more human term.

I'm mostly a Pro-lifer, but, campaign method like this turn me off
    http://www.knowledgebase-script.com/...ticle-441.html
    Last edited by kidd; 11-02-10 at 09:45 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

I'm wondering why nobody 'bashed' me for hijacking the thread, turning it into an 'abortion' issue rather than what the article reports? lol

actually i'd always spelt it as foetus, but im trying to adopt to how most people spell and got it wrong instead.

i didn't claim that the word fetus, was invented to stop calling a baby a baby, nor am i trying to say foetus meant anything else; but that im trying to draw the point that people resort to using 'clinical terms' to make it sound more like a 'thing' rather than 'human'. Doesn't foetus sounded more rather devoid of affection?

i read the thread, if 'foetus' could speak, they might have said that. the reason why there are such campaigns out there is because humans have hardened their hearts, believing that foetus are incapable of emotions (or anything lacking of a true human), and hence less of a human than the rest of us. Seriously, even three-month-old babies hadn't particularly grown much in the spiritual/psychological/emotional/intellectual sense from the fetuses. Just a few more months older, and experienced being outside of the womb alive.

I'm a pro-lifer, I do not support abortion, nor the death sentence. Both are murder.

It's not so much of whether the person deserved it or not. It's a matter of 'thou shalt not kill'. But I'm only holding my own person accountable to this principle, I cannot force others (though I pray that the world has not become so violent they demand vengeance and blood to our fellow human beings for whatever reason) to take my stance in such matters.

There just isn't enough love, or empathy for others beyond ourselves to recognize that there is a problem when humans think its ok to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    It's fetus, not fetes.

Fetus is the correct term for that stage of development. Doesn't matter loving moms want to call the fetus in their womb baby, honey, sweetie, son. It's still a fetus. Some people call their pet 'baby' too.

On dehumansing a 'baby' by calling it a 'fetus', evil human has no intention doing so. Fetus comes from the Latin word which means offspring, bringing forth, hatching of young.

Anyway, it's all just a play of words depending of someone's belief. Pro-choicers will use more clinical term to describe it while pro-lifers will use more human term.

I'm mostly a Pro-lifer, but, campaign method like this turn me off
    http://www.knowledgebase-script.com/...ticle-441.html
    Last edited by Lucre; 11-02-10 at 10:39 AM.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.