Page 6 of 123 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Qing Shi Huang Fei 《倾世皇妃》 - Ruby Lin, Yan Kuan, Wallace Huo

Found better pics of Tony Yang/LianXi:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/4016/tonyyang.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/4016/tonyyang.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/681/tonyyang2.jpg')
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-21-11 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kengyew View Post

Yup, I just read the synopsis on Ruby's fan site. FuYa will marry all the 3 leading guys and be loved by most of the rest.
    Another Mary Sue/Bella type character. Ughh...doesn't really sound good anymore.

RubyStation offers a sneak preview of the cast list:

馥雅 Fu Ya ---------------- 林心如 Ruby Lin
    祈佑 Qi You---------------- 严宽 Yan Kuan
    连城 Lian Cheng ----------- 霍建华 Wallace Huo
    连羲 Lian Xi -------------- 杨佑宁 Tony Yang You Ning
    祈殒 Qi Yun --------------- 王雨 Wang Yu
    祈星 Qi Xing -------------- 邱爽 Qiu Shuang
    马度云 Ma Du Yun ---------- 茅子俊 Mao Zi Jun
    云珠 Yun Zhu -------------- 杨凯淳 Yang Kai Chun
    花公公 Hua Gong Gong ------ 苗皓钧 Miao Hao Jun
    杜皇后 Du Huang Hou ------- 惠英红 Kara Hui Ying Hong
    韩昭仪 Han Zhao Yi -------- 王琳 Wang Lin
    祈佑妈 Qi You's Mother----- 戴春荣 Dai Chun Rong
    馥雅妈 Fu Ya's Mother------ 邬倩倩 Wu Qian Qian
    苏姚 Su Yao --------------- 晨晨 Chen Chen
    连思 Lian Si -------------- 刘梓娇 Liu Zi Jiao
    女主丫环 Maid ------------- 郝洛钒 Hao Luo Fan
    弈冰 Yi Bing ------- 杜俊泽 Du Jun Ze
    杜莞 Du Wan --------------- 郝泽嘉 Hao Ze Jia
    某公主 A Princess ---------- 洪小铃 Hong Xiao Ling
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-21-11 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Here are the character summaries of Ruby and her men:
    As clearly stated in the original post, "No reposting".
    I am summarising the novel, which does not necessarily reflect the series adaptation.
    Please delete the above reposting of the character summary. Thankyou.
    美人心計 on FACEBOOK
    He who knows does not speak; he who speaks does not know.
    Above all, do not compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Takako View Post
    As clearly stated in the original post, "No reposting".
    I am summarising the novel, which does not necessarily reflect the series adaptation.
    Please delete the above reposting of the character summary. Thankyou.
    OK, done. But thanks for summarising the novel at Ruby's fansite. It was a great read.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee259/shindamicute/34019681_22728299.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee259/shindamicute/34013879_11682005.jpg')
    Last edited by myedi; 01-21-11 at 09:13 PM.
    月は
    一つしかないと
    思っていたが
    山の端でなく
    池の底にも月が出た。

Quote Originally Posted by kengyew View Post
    Errrr...I think the carrying-flower-in-the-mouth looks kinda cheesy, though Yan Kuan is handsome.

Yup, I just read the synopsis on Ruby's fan site. FuYa will marry all the 3 leading guys and be loved by most of the rest.
    oh! i thought that was just a silly BTS picture? i hope it's not in the actual series...lol

and wow. lots of love for ruby, huh?

Hey, I think that picture with yan Kuan is actually from another series he did previously, Water Margin. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Anyways, I just want to give my 2 cents in about how excited I am Yan Kuan's playing Qi You. As a Yan Kuan fan of his acting & screen presence, I ask doubters to have faith in him. Right now I cant prove anything, but I have a strong feeling Yan Kuan will do his role justice. =D

Ruby and Wallace

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee259/shindamicute/34072916_47081631.jpg')
    月は
    一つしかないと
    思っていたが
    山の端でなく
    池の底にも月が出た。

Yan Kuan

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee259/shindamicute/34070791_46535777.jpg')
    月は
    一つしかないと
    思っていたが
    山の端でなく
    池の底にも月が出た。

Ruby's Pic released (From tianya)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee259/shindamicute/34073129_36515947.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee259/shindamicute/34072856_46535777.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee259/shindamicute/34072761_46535777.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee259/shindamicute/34072116_46971206.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee259/shindamicute/34073255_36515947.jpg')
    月は
    一つしかないと
    思っていたが
    山の端でなく
    池の底にも月が出た。

I know she looks younger than almost all other women her age, but does anyone think she's looking a bit older in the above pictures? Maybe it's the makeup? I don't know how it will work out with the young cast she's chosen.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    I know she looks younger than almost all other women her age, but does anyone think she's looking a bit older in the above pictures? Maybe it's the makeup? I don't know how it will work out with the young cast she's chosen.
    i agree. she looks more mature than her male counterparts. it's a bit narcissitic that she's starring in a seris which she's producing (where she gets all the men). that bothers me greatly. and yes, she looks way too old to be with yuan hong no matter what she thinks.

that said, i find yk very dashing...
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    i agree. she looks more mature than her male counterparts. it's a bit narcissitic that she's starring in a seris which she's producing (where she gets all the men). that bothers me greatly. and yes, she looks way too old to be with yuan hong no matter what she thinks.

that said, i find yk very dashing...
    dicky produces his own dramas and stars in it, whats the problem? stephen chow also produces and stars in his own movies. zhang ziyi starred in her own produced film, sophie's revenge. get this, they are the main focus and they are the love interest of the other characters, im sorry whats wrong again? its commendable of them for having ability to multi task, act, produce, and bring together a team of ppl for their projects. who doesnt want to play a hand in their own project? plus, i think the investors likely wanted Ruby to also star in it, to attract sponsors.

she is mostly pairing with yan kuan and wallace, they dont look apart in age to her. the other characters are also men vying for power, and they see the woman as part of that power struggle. its what the novel is about.

the lead characters in Bu Bu and Jade Lock, have multiple admirers, its atypical but not abnormal. one popular girl, loved by many guys.

unfortunately your problem is just hate, seeing from your signature, just alot of it.

Quote Originally Posted by myedi View Post
    Ruby and Wallace

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee259/shindamicute/34072916_47081631.jpg')
    Oooooh! Ruby & Wallace look sooo adorable together in BTS! She's rubbing his ears .

I'm happy that Ruby's starring in the series she's producing. IMO, she's even more attractive now than her HZGG days and would be believable as a great ancient beauty. But the character of FuYa - woah! Marries 3 hot guys, loved by at least 3 other hot guys. Don't think the main girls in Bu Bu or Gong can beat that. I think most popular girl characters only get to marry once.

Quote Originally Posted by swtaznlaydee View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/6902403ajw6ddi6zlcio1j.jpg')
    These pre-release cartoons are soooo CUTE! - "Huo" Lian Cheng, "Yuan" Lian Xi. They really look like the actors, except that it should be "Yang" Lian Xi now. Tony Yang's quite cute and would make a believable handsome Lian Xi - only drawback is that he has never acted charming villain before, but there's always a first time.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-24-11 at 05:47 AM.

@patricia n

hahaha.. it nothing special about being the producer n the actor at once..
    so many people already done it.. just like makefire's examples..

and as the producer, one of her jobs is to find the actors..
    there's nothing weird bout that, she just doing her job..
    so, its up to her (and the rest staffs) who will they choosed for playing in this movie..
    please be remind, the choosing actors part, not only Ruby, one person decision, there are bunch of staffs n investors who get involved in this decision too..

r u talking bout the ages??
    maybe ruby is older then the guys..
    but she still looks young.. she got mature but not getting old.. well, i guess u know what i mean..
    PS : i think u havent saw a picture of ruby n yuan hong (candid camera) couples months ago.. gosh.. they really looks like a couple.. ^v^

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    yeah, i agree. i think it's just the makeup/hairstyle/overall look though, cause i remember when i saw pics of YH and ruby together she didnt look THAT much older than him. maybe this is for later on in the series? does anyone know what time span this series takes place in? like from what time to what time? maybe she'll have a more youthful look for the younger days..

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    I'm happy that Ruby's starring in the series she's producing. IMO, she's even more attractive now than her HZGG days and would be believable as a great ancient beauty. But the character of FuYa - woah! Marries 3 hot guys, loved by at least 3 other hot guys. Don't think the main girls in Bu Bu or Gong can beat that. I think most popular girl characters only get to marry once.
    lol i agree. FuYa is one lucky gal

gee, i stated that ruby looks older and you go ahead and attack a forum member. wow, what a way to get anyone to like ruby. i have nothing against producers who star in their own series/movies, but as i mentioned, when the series is conveniently about how everyone falls for said producer left and right then its narcissism regardless who that producer is.

and regardless of what die hard fans think, ruby looks mature in the pictures released so far. imo, she's cute but not beautiful enough to cause all these men to fall for her.

and seriously, unless you're a die hard conservative, there's no need to attack my signature. wow...aren't we touchy.
    Last edited by patricia n; 01-25-11 at 03:21 AM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

whether she narcistict or not, I thinks we all would like to be in her place, surround by bunch of hot guy.

Quote Originally Posted by tae View Post
    whether she narcistict or not, I thinks we all would like to be in her place, surround by bunch of hot guy.
    Yup, as I've said before, this is a woman's ultimate fantasy.

Of all the HK, Taiwan, Korean & Mainland series I've seen, I've never came across a character like FuYa who gets loved by at least 6 young kings and princes described as exceptionally handsome.

Even the great historical beauties - Yang Guifei, Xi Shi, Wang Zhaojun - all married only once and to old fart kings.
    Last edited by aloysius; 01-25-11 at 07:31 AM.