Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it true?

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    Can we say that there has never been a Priest who has molested a child? Not likely. But are those things, by any means, the popular thing to do? Probably not (refer to RWX's post). They are mostly isolated cases. Unfortunately, with the way the media works these days, isolated cases are the ones that get reported and the cases that people happen to hear about.
    At least we know that MJ did.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    At least we know that MJ did.
    We don't know for sure. The court found him not guilty.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

MJ never claimed to be a Catholic Priest for that matter. Plus, MJ's always been kind of out there. Sometimes creative minds can skew a person's mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Lianazhu View Post
    @!Ian Liew: I'm 25, visiting my folks over the holiday season here in the States from Miami Fl9roida. Sometimes we have big debates. Like this one for example...

@!Ren Wo Xing: Thank you very muchly for a well detailed post that answered many of my questions. I'm now more curious then ever of this country as a whole. I love the culture of the place, that is what draws me to it. personally I'd care less of who runs the country, i just want to go there and experiance the culture!

@!Dimeron: I'm not borthered by sugar coating, I really want answers is all. My mom does sound racist, that i can tell and understand. But I am unsure of a Taiwanese seris set in China, and how they'd feel about my buying same. I'd try to explain to mom, 'its actually a Taiwanese series, just, set in ancient China'. For all i know I'll get kicked from the dinner table (yes, when one visits their folks, the folks have rules of the house eve ntheir own kids have to folow, not even my older siblings try to get around them!)

Now mom said I could watch some series online, but not buy them? personally I'd liek to buy a few more Period Dramas, be they set in China and made in Taiwan, or the other way around, like I said, I don't care for politics, I just want to see some good reallistic movies and TV series. Now my mom wonders why I ordered HBO Asia/Arabia
    I was wondering about this issue is it more toward political China policy your parents hate or Chinese people in general?There is a major difference,for example not trying to change the subject.

Does most Asian people hate or dislike the Japanese people because of what happened in WWII or the aftermath? Now,I can't really blamed the Japanese, whose in their 3-4th generation because their grandchildren wasn't born then.I can't plenalized them because of someone else's actions, plus they wanted to moved on with their lives and start a new.The current Japan economic is more or less in a recession,so they are trying to think positive ways to regain back economic stability by expanding their creativity and by treating most foreigner's with utter respect,regardless of nationality. Which is something I rarely see now a days,plus I did stopped by the Narjita airport and the people there was very nice toward me.
    Last edited by mind_wander; 12-03-10 at 01:31 PM.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

MJ never claimed to be a Catholic Priest for that matter. Plus, MJ's always been kind of out there. Sometimes creative minds can skew a person's mind...
    MJ wasn't a Catholic Priest and he didn't represent american people in general. A child moslester/rapist doesn't represent the country where he is from.

Lianazhu, I think your parents are brainwashed by the Western Media so it's impossible to debate them as they will never see china in a positive light. As for China and the chinese people in general, I am neutral toward them. Is china an ideal country? The answer is NO. I agree with Wen Wo Xing that eating fetuses is just a myth. I don't believe it either. It's just completely insane. Lianazhu, I think your parents also hate chinese people because they eat Sharkfin soup, dog, cat, snakes, and other exotic animals. Correct??

OT: I know, but my mind involuntarily links Child Molester to MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    MJ wasn't a Catholic Priest and he didn't represent american people in general. A child moslester/rapist doesn't represent the country where he is from.
    Yes......... Not even as a partime Catholic Priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Lianazhu, I think your parents are brainwashed by the Western Media so it's impossible to debate them as they will never see china in a positive light. As for China and the chinese people in general, I am neutral toward them. Is china an ideal country? The answer is NO. I agree with Wen Wo Xing that eating fetuses is just a myth. I don't believe it either. It's just completely insane. Lianazhu, I think your parents also hate chinese people because they eat Sharkfin soup, dog, cat, snakes, and other exotic animals. Correct??
    This is the most hilarious thing I've read this.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

To all: Growing up in such a way as I've been, then moving out to Maimi (where the nuns are armed), your parents make rules they lay down simple as that I guess.

Of what has been said hoewver I want to thank everyone for giving your input, its enlightened me and one fothese days i'll try to get my mom to tkae a looksee at this site. I haven't told them yet of here, or that the series I want to buy (I'm the only one in the family that does not have a credit card, I admit it, I hate the things!)

I spoke to mom about the Chinese people in general rather then their politics and the like, she's not as angered towards them as she is to their way of government, their way of doing religons, etc. She likes their food. Her bed of all things is made in Vietnam. My father was in Vietnam during the Vietnam war anyhow.

So yes, its mostly towards poltical china, not the cultureal china from what I can see. Hopefully later I can show mom this site and maybe debunk a few myths she's heard. Mom isn;t exactly a easy pushover. That said I haven't told her yet of what I've been told here.

Now then the meat of things.

RYY: Thank you very much for bringing up a topic such as that. You are right, no country is perfect (and yes there have been reports of people here in the States, (I'm starting to wonder if my country is worth living it at times, I'm seeing moving to China as a good idea lately) eating the unborn dead), personally I'm glad that it is only a very few cases that priests have been acused (three cases so far have been found false) of molesting children. (Doctors do it, but I'm NOT going there!)

kidd: True, but the courts also found MJ no guilty of being an alien pschyidelic wierdo, but that's California, for all i know the courts were speaking the turth It was actually kinda hard ot not see anything not MJ related for five minutes when he died. (Wont go into that either)

Again, thanks guys, and to apologise for my sudden disappearance, you try going to see Sound of Music, then the next day seeing Cats, and Phantom of the Opera within 24 hours of each thoer. Oy. the things I gotta go through.
    Local Li Bingbing/Shui Ling addict
    Out of my mind, back in several years or until the Wife says I can, whichever comes first
    Itsh A Sthpork Sthupid!! ~ Daffy Duck, as quoted by my sister

Hey Lian, are you a spanish/latin speaker? Just curious due to your sentence structure

On a serious note, I must bring this to your attention before hand: She might view this site as just another online forum i.e she may not take it seriously or she may doubt the credibility of words from online people (don't be mistaken, no hard feelings. I'm sure people are matured enough to grasp what I meant). Nothing beats taking the flight (to China) to walk the mile to see things yourself.

kidd: True, but the courts also found MJ no guilty of being an alien pschyidelic wierdo, but that's California, for all i know the courts were speaking the turth It was actually kinda hard ot not see anything not MJ related for five minutes when he died. (Wont go into that either)
    With all the money he had, he was able to beat the justice system but too bad that he can't beat karma.

@!Cederic: No actually I'm Native American (Cherokee), my writing is crazy and as some writers (including myfellow writers in a writing group) call convoluted, as I tend to go right into the next thing without notice.

To All; I want to thank you guys for enlightening me on this set of questions I had. I showed my parents this place, and now Dad is a bit "I dont know....." and Mom's a bit more against the Chinese governing party rather the nthe p[eople themsevles (a good family friend of ours had adopted twins from China, they came over recently. were a peck of fun!) So thankfully Mom is not as strong hearted as she once was because of (now thankfully debunked) myths she had come to take as truths.

Thanks so much guys, you guys are great!!!

BHave a safe and happy holiday season!! See everyone on 28 Dec!!
    Local Li Bingbing/Shui Ling addict
    Out of my mind, back in several years or until the Wife says I can, whichever comes first
    Itsh A Sthpork Sthupid!! ~ Daffy Duck, as quoted by my sister

I spoke to mom about the Chinese people in general rather then their politics and the like, she's not as angered towards them as she is to their way of government, their way of doing religons, etc. She likes their food. Her bed of all things is made in Vietnam. My father was in Vietnam during the Vietnam war anyhow.
    Wait a minute there. China and Vietnam are two different countries and Vietnamese are not Chinese. We don't speak the same language either. Why suddenly bring up Vietnam? Not the same thing.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?