Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Snow is Red

Originally posted by LastDay
    hi. this is a very good serial. i have a question but i'm not sure if it has already been answered; i'm too lazy to read lol. um whats the evil girls real name? the one who bore the twins. and whats the evil girls daughters name? the daughter who played the flute. i think her vietnamese name in the movie was mai yan tuyet.

This series have 3 generations.
    The first woman villain in the 1st generation is played by an veteran actress named -----chinese name "Mai,Suet"---english name "Michelle Yim"---vietnamese name something like "Me TruyXXX"---I don't remember the exact spelling, I remembered there was a website created by one of her fans long ago.

The second generation-----the second woman villain was the daughter of the first woman villain played by actress named
    ----chinese name "Kung,Chi Yan"-----english name "Mimi Kung".

The twin girls who are daughters of Mimi, her elder daughter played actress named ---chinese name "yeung,kung-yu",
    her english name is "kristy yeung" and the younger twin played by actress ---chinese name--"chan,wai"---english name--"alice chan".

Which character or artists do you like from this series?
    Last edited by earth4477; 08-16-03 at 04:30 PM.

hey ums does any one know where i can get the theme song of the snow is red? thanks! im a newbiee heres =]

Go here for Themesong of 'The Snow is Red'

http://www.tvbsong.television-series.com

Only themesong, no subtheme.
    Last edited by kidd; 08-18-03 at 02:27 AM.

thanksss kidd =]

I hated alice chan's character in this show.........I think the guy should like Mimi Kung, although the guy don't really deserve her.
    She too good for him but still prefer them together rather than with Alice.

Mi
    Originally posted by pepper
    I hated alice chan's character in this show.........I think the guy should like Mimi Kung, although the guy don't really deserve her.
    Mimi Kung is the mother of the twins. The other twin is Kristy Yang.

Default confused...

i just finished watching my 22 vcd version of "the snow is red"

got a couple of questions...

1. kristy got pregnant? she slept with the main character? i don't recall seeing this...

2. there is no mention of any relationship between mai shuet and the monk....chapter 1 already starts off with mai shuet running away with her daughter (mimi kung)

please help me out...thanks

Ducky, I bet the vcd's you have are severely cut. I haven't watched the serial before, but I heard from some of my friends and from the posters on this forum that certain sets of vcd's have several scenes taken out.

Default Re: confused...

Originally posted by Ducky
    i just finished watching my 22 vcd version of "the snow is red"

got a couple of questions...

1. kristy got pregnant? she slept with the main character? i don't recall seeing this...

2. there is no mention of any relationship between mai shuet and the monk....chapter 1 already starts off with mai shuet running away with her daughter (mimi kung)

please help me out...thanks

Alot of scenes from the storyline are cutted out to shortened it to 22 vcds. I used to borrowed some tapes of the beginning to watch and it was many tapes long which I didn't get to finish and I stopped.

According to a fan's website, its between 40-some to 50-some episodes long and that's impossible to fit into only 1 episode per vcd of total 22 vcds.

From other on-line store website, http://www.sensasian.com this series its 40 vcds long but I don't know is it a complete version or not.

does anyone know?

Kristy got pregnant because the guy was drunk or something. Somebody fill in the details. 8)
    Why are people only considered open-minded when they agree with your opinion?

Yes, she and the main guy got drunk one night and slept together. I'm bad with sequence of events, so forgot when it happen or why.

Yes, chapter one did start off with mai sheut running away with her daughter. The relationship between mai sheut and the monk is told in flashback. Last time the monk was in charge of the shaolin library and mai shuet go and stole an important manual. He chased after her and both fell down a cliff. They cannot get out and stay down there for a month. They fell for each other during that time.

dun you think its sooooo sad how everyone is sooooooo mean to the 2nd villian?!?
    If her master/ teacher had except her she wldnt be bad i think!

Originally posted by Kookai
    dun you think its sooooo sad how everyone is sooooooo mean to the 2nd villian?!?
    If her master/ teacher had except her she wldnt be bad i think!
    I think the 2nd woman villain played by 'kung,chi yan' (Mimi Kung) could have turn out good if her teacher (played by actor named David Chiang Dai Wai) have explain the life of things, traditional roles of people during that time period & explain to her the rights & wrongs in life, NOT just flared up a temper on her.

I think mimi have a crush on him because she only sees him as the best man on land because she have not get to get exposure to the outside world, live most of her growing life in desolated area.

I think mimi should have a crush over her senior-brother played by 'Yan,chi keung' (Lawrence Yan) than over an middle-aged man who's old enough to be her father. If her teacher have teached martial arts to his senior brother and teached him not to be too nice or innocent and be more wise than mimi could have like lawrence over david. I think lawrence is not bad looking himself, he is good-looking and the best looking actor in this series.

earth4477

I agree....most ppl in this series arent good looking! I just re-watched it again and really think this went too fias!

Originally posted by Kookai
    earth4477

I agree....most ppl in this series arent good looking! I just re-watched it again and really think this went too fias!

Haha!

I think my 2 favorite couples in there would be the blind guy & the disfigured girl... Blind guy who raised 1 of the twin... I think out of all, they were the only 1s who made since.... The twins & that guy was a bunch of dramatic non-sense.

Originally posted by misao ohgami
    Haha!

I think my 2 favorite couples in there would be the blind guy & the disfigured girl... Blind guy who raised 1 of the twin... I think out of all, they were the only 1s who made since.... The twins & that guy was a bunch of dramatic non-sense.

I agreed with you since my favorite on-screen couple is the blind guy played by actor "Yan,Chi Keung" (Lawrence Yan) and that foreign tribe girl who later got a disfigured face (Lai, XXX-XXX)--forgot her name. does anyone remember her name?
    she's the woman who used the whip as a weapon?

I think ATV should give those 2 artists a chance in leading roles.
    What do you think?

There was a website created by a fan dedicated to lawrence yan.

Yea i think they were good as a couple!!!
    I like the first women vilian and the monk too tho!!!
    Not much on them but the bit bout wen they were young was real good!!!

Yeah that should've made them the leading couple... It's sad how they had a tragedic outcome like that... My favorite is them, they weren't as draggy & all that as that mother & her master, then the twins & that dude... Geez... no wonder why the serial was too long.

yea...i didnt like the gradn chuildrens at all

Grandchildren? You mean the twins? Plah.. I dunno why the twins had a thing for that guy... He was a loser. If he was a hero or someone important then that's something to talk about.