Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Snow is Red

Yea...he wasnt that great at all.......

I found that guy even more annoying than the father of the twins. I don't even get why he gets all martial arts. I was utterly disappointed when he didn't die at the end.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Yea why didnt he die in the end??? hahaha.....I hate him but hate the dad too!!!

The dad of the twins?

Yea cos i think if he except the mother of twins then nothin of this will happened

The actor that played the father is a good actor.. I dunno why he agree to play sucky roles... (another example would be Jimmy Lin's Liu Xiao Feng).

I don't hate the guy (the twins' father). I don't agree with his decision, but I can understand his point of view. He is a person who is schooled traditional values. In those days a teacher is seen like a father to his student. Having a relationship with his student will be akin to incest. He made a mistake that night when he was unable to control himself (and Siu Fung was not helping either when she insisted on throwing herself at him) but in his opinion, continuing the relationship will be continuing to do the wrong thing. It's like continue to live in sin even though one knows it's a sin. I don't think he refuse Siu Fung (mimi kung) because he is afraid of critisisme by others. He said it himself at the end when Siu Fung ask him why. He said 'dou but yung' which mean 'the way'(the correct way of living) does not allow it. He really believe it is wrong to continue the relationship.

Yeah, but the reason why they chose different paths was because he pushed her away into the path of evil. Even if he protects her, he will always see her as evil because she is the daughter of the evil Lip Mei Neurng (Michelle).

I think what irks me is how he ignored her when she was pregnant (reminds me of teh other guy with Kristy ). He doesn't give her a second chance. And in the end, I wanted to punch him because he denied his love for Mimi when she confronted him.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I like the actor himself....David rite?
    But i hate the character cos he ignores her and stuff.....
    Why cant he admit to his feelin g? If he doent love her then tell her properly and nicely.....but i think he loves her tho!!!!

and i hate the way even at the end when she ask if we can go back what will he do he still says he he would be with her!!!!

Originally posted by Kookai
    If he doesnt love her then tell her properly and nicely.....but i think he loves her tho!!!!
    Do u think she will accept a 'No' for an answer? She was very insistant in wanting to be with her teacher.

Originally posted by charbydis
    Yeah, but the reason why they chose different paths was because he pushed her away into the path of evil.
    Imo, the only way to prevent Siu Fung from becoming evil is her accepts her. There's no other alternative. Her teacher is number 1 priority and reviving demon cult is her 2nd. But he just can't do that because of his values. And the blame shouldn't all be put on the teacher's shoulder. Siu Fung herself is too stubbon and refuse to let go. Just like LMC in ROCH. She can choose a happier path. Compare the choice Kong Suet(Kristy) and she made. That jerk was not any nicer to Kong Seut, but even though Kong Seut was raised in an evil cult, she choose not to become evil. She choose to let go of the man she love. Both have faults in this situation. The teacher shouldn't be too rigid with his values and ignore his love and resposibility towards Siu Fung while Siu Fung shouldn't to stubbon and 'chun ngau kong jim'.

I thought the most boring pair was Alice and that guy (Andrew ???). I'd rather Kristy scenes alone. But I thought the scenes with Michelle and the monk were best and vrey straight-forward.
    Cyril Connolly

I felt that the scriptwriter/author of the story is very bias towards Kong Seut(Kristy). The character Kong Seut was very well-develope but there was hardly any character developement in her twin sister Yuen Seung(Alice). I don't even know why Fong Siu Nam(Andrew) like her in the first place. He said she is a jovial person and when he is with her, he felt very happy but jovial is the last thing I will use to describe Yuen Seung. Her personality is kinda vague. Maybe it's also due to Alice's weak acting. She's just reciting her lines. She gives no depth to the character what so ever. I think if the role is given to a better actress, she might be able to give more personality to Yeun Seung.
    Last edited by kidd; 12-22-03 at 05:26 AM.

Originally posted by kidd
    I felt that the scriptwriter/author of the story is very bias towards Kong Seut(Kristy). The character Kong Seut was very well-develope but there was hardly any character developement in her twin sister Yuen Seung(Alice). I don't even know why Fong Siu Nam(Andrew) like her in the first place. He said she is a jovial person and when he is with her, he felt very happy but jovial is the last thing I will use to describe Yuen Seung. Her personality is kinda vague. Maybe it's also due to Alice's weak acting. She's just reciting her lines. She gives no depth to the character what so ever. I think if the role is given to a more better actress, she might be able to give more personality to Yeun Seung.
    Hahaha.....hmm I'm thinking of whom could replace Alice Chan as Yuen Seung.....and hhahaha maybe Wong Mei since she had played a role with Andrew before. I totally despise Andrew's character...he's even worse than Zhang Wu Ji when it comes to love.

Or we could have Joey Meng as Yuen Seung but then I'd have Eric Wan take Andrew's role and totally change the character.

Mwahahhahaha...then again it wouldn't be the same....cuz it'd be better!!!!!

LOL! I think if Joey, Eric and Kristy were in this series together-love triangle and all it'd be My date with a Vampire all over again. However, I think if I wrote the script there would be a more clear cut of things....
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I found out that this series was loosely based on a novel written by "Wo Lung Sheng." The title of the written series is "Jiang Xue Xuan Shuang," the name of the two daughters of Luo Xuan (David Chiang's character) in the TV series combined.

-- some comparisons between the book and the TV series --

In the book Fang Zhaonan is the main character . The story actually starts with him going back to visit his shifu, and finding his shifu's family massacred. In the book he isn't as dumb as in the TV series. Luo Xuan doesn't appear until the end of the book, and in this story, Jiang Xue and Xuanshuang are NOT his daughters. Neither were they Xiaofeng's (at least it wasn't clear to me they were). In the book Tianxian (the character played by Lawrence Keung in the series) was a disciple Luo Xuan accepted AFTER Xiaofeng had left him, and Luo Xuan asked Tianxian to kill Xiaofeng. Tianxian end up by joining with Xiaofeng, and it's only because of Yinhua (the character Tianxian loves in the TV series) that they split. Xuanshuang in the book actually calls TianXian "grandfather." Also Xiaofeng's mother was a woman who didn't know kung fu, but who accused Juesheng (the Shaolin monk who was Xiaofeng's father in the TV) of being Xiaofeng's father (the monk's original family name was Nie). Wo Lung Sheng described Xiaofeng as a naturally greatly endowed person, and there is no mention of any romantic story between Xiaofeng and Luo Xuan. Luo Xuan is described as being fallen under her naturally seductive character. Wan Tiancheng (the character who had a scarred face in the TV series) was actually a servant of Luo Xuan who helped Xiaofeng poison Luo Xuan. Also Fan Zhaonan ends up with having to choose Jiangxue or Xuanshuan or Huiyin (Fan Zhaonan's shifu's daughter - in the book she doesn't die trying to poison Xiaofeng) or becoming the head of Shaolin temple.

Despite these glaring differences, the things that happen maintain many similarities, the existence of a "Blood Cave map," and Luo Xuan's presence there, Jiangxue and Zhaonan's declaration to become husband and wife to hide the map (btw, no one-night stands and no miscarriages), Jiangxue falling into a pit and entering the Blood cave, etc.

Default a mistake

Wan Tiancheng was not a servant in the book, but was an "apparent" friend of Luo Xuan's, whose kung fu was always inferior but who always wanted to get rid of Luo Xuan. He took advantage of Xianfeng's rebellion against Luo Xuan and gave her the poison.

Sorry, I didn't read very thoroughly so there might be some mistakes regarding details.

ctway,

Which storyline do u think is better? The book or the series? I read some opinions from others who has read the book and they all prefer the series.

Also, how is the characterisation of Xuanshuan and Jiangxue? Is it like the series?

Banned

Just cuious, want you guys opinion. Does the teacher actually love Kristy and Alice mom, Mimi Kung, the father of the twin. He accidently slept with her, seem like he DOES love her though, it just that he has this thinking on his head that the world won't tollerate a teacher and student relationship.
    Hey, Yang Gou and Xiao Long Nu make it through, why can he? Hehehe!!! Anyways, feel sad for the Twin mom, seem like she really love her teacher, he treat her so bad.

Banned

By the way, the blind guy is Lawrence Yang (Yang Chi Kueng)
    The girl with him that die at the end trying to get revenge for him is Bonnie Lai (Lai Suk Yeun) she not famous, she win second runner up in Miss Asia 1995,
    Miss Asia was Kristy Yang, second runner up is her, Bonnie Lai, the girl play that blind guy lover, and the third runner up was Cecelia Lai, whom is not famous but does play in some TV series for ATV.

Originally posted by Question
    Just cuious, want you guys opinion. Does the teacher actually love Kristy and Alice mom, Mimi Kung, the father of the twin. He accidently slept with her, seem like he DOES love her though, it just that he has this thinking on his head that the world won't tollerate a teacher and student relationship.
    Hey, Yang Gou and Xiao Long Nu make it through, why can he? Hehehe!!! Anyways, feel sad for the Twin mom, seem like she really love her teacher, he treat her so bad.
    It's not the thought that the world won't tolerate teacher/student relationship that cause him to reject XiaoFeng. It is himself that won't tolerate such relationship. It's against his values. He can't get pass himself to continue the relationship. His case is different from the Yg and XL. YG and XL does not have the believe that teacher/student relationship is wrong. They think there's nothing wrong with such relationship. But for Luo Xuan, a teacher/student relationship is against the 'way' (Tao).

For example, what do u think of a father who has a romantic/sexual relationship with his daughter? I have no doubt you will say 'eww, that's so wrong. that's incest'. That is what Luo Xuan is feeling. Would u tell the father 'hei ,since u already slept with ur daughter and she has already has ur baby, why don't u continue with the relationship?' ? Of course not. That's why Luo Xuan can't except this relationship.