Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Snow is Red

Hey there SS!!!

Wow, long reply from you!! hehe, this is going to take some time now. Well before I start, just need to get something clear. Norman Tsui is the one who was good friends with David in the beginning and later is disfigured from a big fire right?

Well I think that both David and Norman were top fighters in the serial, but David was a step or so ahead of him always. Since if I remember correctly, they would usually always fight one on one just for "fun" and David wins always.

Hmmm...now this makes me think even more. Even though Lawrence's skills were taught by David, I remember him(David) saying that Lawrence wasn't bright enough to understand fully it. Lawrence got like only 3 or 4 parts out of 10 so thats why he was instructed to give some individual the cave map. Mimi's skills seemed to be better then Lawrence's since she secretly learned some and Norman also taught her some of his skills. So basically she knew a lot lets say.

So I'm just taking a stab at saying that Kristy had higher martial skills then Alice. Then again with the scene you just mentioned there, Alice does have pretty good skills too though. So confusing, hehe. Hmmm...I don't think that these two ever really fought one on one. The only time I can remember is towards the beginning of the serial. It was when Andrew and his "team" was guarding a certain pot towards someplace. I think Andrew saw a shadow or something and chased after with his si mui. Then we just see that Alice and Kristy exchange a few moves and then they stopped. Nothing much....

I wish that during this serial, Alice could have gotten more fighting scenes. Kristy at least got to learn the snow sword skill with Andrew and all. It would have been nice if Alice got something.. Hmmm..now I remember back to another scene where Andrew and Kristy were picking medicine and ran into Mimi. They start fighting, but are no match and is knocked unconcious. Alice comes flying in though and is able to save them. Shows that her martial skills are pretty high and she is smart too, hehe.

Hmmm...so they are 16. I think ATV should have risen their ages up a bit. They really don't seem 16. Make them at least 18 or so, that would have been fine.

I totally agree with you on Andrew. He really is spinless, useless, and undecisive. Even when he supposedly decides, later on it seems as if he hadn't even decided!!! Can't believe he would actually agree to vow marriage with Kristy just for a certain thing....argh.... now on the flute calling thing, I guess he might have felt guilty for not going since he promised he would. Gosh, this whole triangle mess is all his fault. If he would have just been more decisive and firm on who he wanted to be with...

*hehe, just thought I'ld say what a great name Tian Xiang is!!! I just love the way it sounds, hehehe. Might need to go re-watch for Lawrence now.. *
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hahahhaha I think I'm too tired to bash Andrew any further so I'll let him be for the time being.

Yes, Let's talk about Tian Xiang! I love Lawerence's getup when he was just recently blind and he wore this brown outfit and had his hair up that way and then he met Ying Fa( or is it Ying Hua?) Anywho, yes I was so sad when he died. Too bad for his blindness (thanks to Xiao Feng), when he tried to die with Nie Xiao Feng she had already gotten out and so he died and failed to take her with him. Darn!
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Lol SS. Who knew bashing someone could be so tiring eh? Just wrote one reply there and I'm beat...lol, and its been like 2 hours since I wrote that one!! Tomorrow, we can continue on him, hehe.

YES!!! Lets talk about Lawrence's Tian Xiang!! Same here SS. That was the same style that I liked him best in. Since his beginning look made him look really ummm....plain lets put it and then his ending look made him seem ummm....rather messy. The middle one had him like a gentlemen in a way, lol Must find a picture of him like that!!

Lol, I know what you mean!!! Its a complete shame that Xiao Feng didn't die also!! He was close though, but too bad he had to risk his life there

Gosh, I really admire his character. Espically when he finally realized that he shouldn't be helping Xiao Feng and wouldn't agree to give her back the twins. He finally stood firm on his grounds and wouldn't give it up...

My favorite Lawrence scene would be all of them!!! hehe, but one that I can remember at the moment would be when he piggy backed Ying Hua back to the mountain wher he used to live and another one was when he decided to transfer Ying Hua his blood to rid her of her poison or something like that Basically all Tian Xiang and Ying Hua scenes!!! (I think it is Hua, not Fa. Not sure though...)

Oh, so tired now....need sleep Chat with you again tomorrow SS!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I purchased the 22 vcds version of the snow is red and was disappointed after I found out that its a shortened version with many scenes cutted, its one episode per vcd about 40 mins per vcd.

I remembered it was much longer than 22 episodes. I thought it was 2 episodes per vcd instead of one episode per vcd.

Then, later I found out that other asian on-line video entertainment store sell it with a much longer version of 40 vcds instead 22 vcds at http://www.sensasian.com.

I found out too late since I have already purchased the 22 vcds version long time ago.

My favorite artists in this atv drama series are
    1. Lawrence Yan (Yan,Chi Keung)---the blind guy.

2. the unknown actress who play as lawrence's lover and used the whip as a weapon.

3. Mimi Kung (Kung,Chi Yan)---the female villain who have 2 twin daughters. Mimi's father is a the head of the monks at the temple.

4. Michelle Yim (Mai,Suet)----the actress who played as Mimi's mother.

5. Kristy Yeung (Yeung, Kung Yu)---the elder twin daughter of Mimi.

I think there should be more screen time given to lawrence and his lover.
    They make a cute on-screen couple.

Yeah, I agree with you earth. I really would have enjoyed more time between Lawrence and Lai Suk Yin. Its a shame that their story was so short in the beginning and at the end too!!! It woudl have been even better if Lawrence didn't have to die!!!!!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I coudl totally not detect any depth in Alice Chan's character. That is a flaw that i think the producers should have fixed by giving the character more development. That's probably why I find it hard to like her character over kristy's.

Anyway, say if Luo Xuan wasn't poisoned and Xiao Feng was in her prime, who would win in a fight?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

BTW, who sung the themesong?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Originally posted by charbydis
    BTW, who sung the themesong?
    If I'm not wrong, I think they had Andrew Yuen and Kristy Yeung sang the themesong however, I have a CD that has the themesong, the two singers doesn't say Andrew or Kristy. I don't know what it says for who sang it...(my character reading isn't good )

But title of the themesong is "Ai4 bu2 le5 (something I don't know that character) Bu le5"

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Originally posted by Suet Seung
    If I'm not wrong, I think they had Andrew Yuen and Kristy Yeung sang the themesong however, I have a CD that has the themesong, the two singers doesn't say Andrew or Kristy. I don't know what it says for who sang it...(my character reading isn't good )

But title of the themesong is "Ai4 bu2 le5 (something I don't know that character) Bu le5"
    Weird. It doesn't sound like Kristy! But thanx anyway. What's the name of the CD?
    Cyril Connolly

Well what I meant was on the CD it does not look like they have Kristy and Andrew's name as the singers so its probably not them after all, people have only said that but we don't know that to be true.

I was at this one music site and there was like two different songs that was stated to be the themesong. Both of them had Andrew Yuen's name listed as singing it. Then the first one had Kristy with Andrew, but the second one put Deric Wan. So I have no clue. Just know it sounds very good
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Thanx guys! Just checked it up on Hong Kong Yahoo. Its "Ai Bu Liao, Wang Bu Liao" (Can't love, Can't forget). The performers are Mak Man Kit and Wong Pui.
    Cyril Connolly

Originally posted by charbydis
    Thanx guys! Just checked it up on Hong Kong Yahoo. Its "Ai Bu Liao, Wang Bu Liao" (Can't love, Can't forget). The performers are Mak Man Kit and Wong Pui.
    Yes! That should be right.

Are they famous singers?

Originally posted by Suet Seung
    Yes! That should be right.

Are they famous singers?
    Have no idea who they are!
    Cyril Connolly

Lol, I have no clue either. Never heard of them.....
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Since it is a bit quiet here, can someone who has read the novel tell me the differences in Norman's character in the novel and in the series please? I found his character not really doing much in the series except serving as a tool for XF in her success.
    Cyril Connolly

WHich character did Norman play? I read the book, but it was some time since I saw the series.

Originally posted by metwin1
    WHich character did Norman play? I read the book, but it was some time since I saw the series.
    He played Wan Tian Cheng (Man Tin Shing), the "friend" of Lo Xuan, who helped Xiao Feng poison him, and later helped her practise that high level martial arts she used at the end against Xue Hua Shen Jian.

I was wondering whether Wan Tian Cheng in the novel was as unsuccessful as he was in the series, even though he had very high martial arts.
    Cyril Connolly

Glad you got this thread back up charbydis I was just re-watchign a few tapes of this serial last night, hehe.

Oh, I hated watching those scenes where Norman was getting tricked and used by Mimi. Espically how she acted all upset abotu the death of "their" daughters.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Originally posted by goddessofhonour
    Glad you got this thread back up charbydis I was just re-watchign a few tapes of this serial last night, hehe.

Oh, I hated watching those scenes where Norman was getting tricked and used by Mimi. Espically how she acted all upset abotu the death of "their" daughters.
    I wonder if this series is to show how clever women can be and how stupid men can be???
    Cyril Connolly