Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Snow is Red

Originally posted by goddessofhonour
    Glad you got this thread back up charbydis I was just re-watchign a few tapes of this serial last night, hehe.

Oh, I hated watching those scenes where Norman was getting tricked and used by Mimi. Espically how she acted all upset abotu the death of "their" daughters.
    Wah? You got the tapes? Give me! Give me! (coming at you with claws and nails)

I want to get a copy for myself so i can rewatch it every year. I was thinking of dubbing it from the rental store, but the quality is very bad.

I might go and check around those CD stores if ATV has released it on VCDs on my next trip to HK.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Lol, I dont' think the serie needs to show it. We all know its true :

Ahhhhh calm charbydis!!!! (Goddess jumps into hidding) Yeah, I taped it and the quality isn't that bad. Its not that great either though......

Lol, when I returned the serial, I noticed that my rental store had the serie on DVD or VCDs. I can't remember, but they were selling it, lol...... I'm not sure for how much though, might ask her just to know, hehe.

I hope you can get a hold of hte serial!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Banned

Go to www.saigoncd.com
    Go under Movie, and then go under ATV
    U should see 4 parts of this movie, 7 tapes of VCD on each parts.
    They are cheap and it ORIGIONAL too, only $24 dollars for each part.
    I share you the Pics below!

First set: 14 VCD
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.saigoncd.com/Gif/Prod_B/7190.jpg')

Second set: 14 VCD
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.saigoncd.com/Gif/Prod_B/6907.jpg')
    Last edited by Question; 06-21-04 at 11:17 PM.

Hmm. Thanks Question.
    But is it dubbed in Viet? Cos I can't understand Viet. Thanx.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Banned

Yeah, it dubbed in Viet for those that are Viet, I see the VCD in www.yesasia.com
    But it dubbed in Madarine only though, no Cantonese version yet. I don't know if U understand Madarine though, it only $39 dollars for the whole set of movie. 40 VCDs. Not bad!! Check it out!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/imgs/videos/94/p1002982694.jpg')

Oh! I understand Mandarin alright, but my mum doesn't. I'll just wait for the Canto relase. Thanx anyway Question.
    Cyril Connolly

i this series is also a very good series too, i luv kristy yang character alot!! she did a gread job in here!!
    shu Oguri Rox!!! LUV LUV Nakayama Yuma>>

Hehehe, I keep rewatching this serial to see more on Lawrence!!! His character is very heroish!!! Great character, diffinately the best. His character is also very developed in here too. Hehe, so many good things to say about him!!!

Gosh, is it just me or did any of you guys think that Andrew's si mui would have something with her fiance's younger brother? I thought that after she broke up with her fiance then the younger brother would get a chance. I actually would have liked that.I perfer her with the other guy. Don't like the older brother k:
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Just thought I would post a few pictures of the casts, hehe. Well here goes

Wonderful Lawrence Yan
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://demigods.sphosting.com/snow/lawrence.jpg')

Alice Chan
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://demigods.sphosting.com/snow/07.jpg')

Kristy Yang
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://demigods.sphosting.com/snow/kristy_11.jpg')

Andrew Yuen
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://demigods.sphosting.com/snow/andrew.jpg')

credit to asianphen.net
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Lawrence and Alice
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://demigods.sphosting.com/snow/08.jpg')

Alice and Andrew (They are cute togehter here )
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://demigods.sphosting.com/snow/10.jpg')

Alice and Kristy (They dont' quite look like siblings. Hmmm..their nose though, its quite similar )
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://demigods.sphosting.com/snow/12.jpg')

Credit to asianphen.net
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Banned

Call me weird, but I think Alice is PRETTY, she is one of the best MS ATV .

I'm quite with you on this Question. I think that Alice is also very pretty and I liked her in The Snow is Red. Her costume wasn't as great as Kristy's, but it was cute. Sorta more plainish looking. Anyways I like Alice, hehe
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Alice Chan, i hated her soo much in the series "the snow is red" She was such a annoying girl, she crys and wines about everything . Kristy Yang should of ended up wit the other guy. Kristy Yang ancient costume was very attractive. The song that she played on her flute was supper good.

Hey there I actually found Alice's character to be very intersting. However I do agree with you that it was a bit annoying to see her cry/whine so much. I wish she could have been a little stronger. Her first appearence really made me think that she was really strong, but seems like she failed at that...

Kristy did have a lot of nice costumes. I really liked that pink one she wore towrads the end.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I HATE ALICE CHAN character so much!
    shu Oguri Rox!!! LUV LUV Nakayama Yuma>>

Hehe, butt aht doesn't mean you hate Alice does it? Anyways what is it about her character that annoys you?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

ALICE CHAN charactor usually are very ignoring and slow witted and very ****ty...

But that is not the case with the real person... she just got bad roles handed to her.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

But she did do a pretty good job in here with that role. Some of her more "recent" roles isn't too bad. Like in Mama, I Love You she is pretty sweet. At times a bit niave and annoying, but still.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I just wanted to join this thread because I saw this series a long time ago and loved it. I even recorded it a a keepsake. Well I remember loving Michelle's character and found her story with the monk very cute. They look great as a couple too!! How she and her husband died really bothered me. I wanted her daughter, Mimi Kung to get revenge but she ended up being a sweet girl.

Well sweet until her stupid, sifu, David slept with her and sumped her. I actually was rooting for Mimi and Lawrence. I liked him in her. I was pretty made at Mimi for blinding him and treating him so badly for the stupid sifu.

The twins story made me wonder why they even had alice in it. She was just basically there to cause conflict for Kristy! I must admit I was bais toward Kristy but only becasue of the character she played. Before that I never saw her or Kristy so I couldn't favor one over the other. It was just that Alice was so whiny!

And that Andrew had to go! He was such a disgrace for a herioic character. I really couldn't stand how he obviously liked Kristy but kept denying it. I mean it was obvious he liked both but didn't want to make Alice cry!

The ending got me all roared up. I really wanted David to die but they had Mimi commit suicide instead. That was shocking. Somehow I always knew there was a reason she had such a horrible hairstyle. Knowing that David was going to continue his life peacefully really irritated me.
    (¸· ´ (_.·*¨`» · ·÷¤ :+: IiI sorrow IiI :+: ¤÷· · «´¨*·._) `·.¸)
    .·:*´¨`*:·.. ·:*´¨`*:·..·:*´¨`*:·.. ·:*´¨`*:·..·: .·:*´¨`*:·..

Sorrow's Corner

Hey ya sorrow

I'm with you. At first I thought that Mimi and Lawrence were cute togehter and I watned them to pair, but it was obvious taht wasn't going to happen. But when she blinded him, I was so mad!!!! Lawrence's character was so cute and loyal!!! I love him I liked him with his pairing though. She was so devoted to him. Didn't like how she was playing with him at first though, but she really loved him later on

I really don't think that Andrew "loved" Kristy. He might have liked her, but it wasn't love. Alice was the one he loved and wanted to be with. He told her that, yet his actions was a bit off......
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.