Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this considered being yourself?

IMO, our chain of thoughts is capable of twirling us around and contradict matters, our own feelings and anything possible. Try to use less "I think" and more "I feel" - meaning to say that, don't think about what makes you want to change your attitude but rather, feel inside what makes you feel like changing an attitude, a behaviour. <I feel, hence I carry myself in the possible/impossible way as people may perceived.>

I can also re-phrase this question to a similar kind of question asking: Do you prefer to wear something that looks good to your eyes (not necessarily an outfit of trend) which may look good on you but definitely look nice on the mannequin or something you feel comfortable in. Personally, I'll wear something I feel comfortable in. So in the end, it's "Lean towards the feel than thoughts."

I would also add-on that, those with a religion - such as Christians for instance, the bunch of us needs to be =more like Christ=, so how? I would say, if I feel I should and I want to because I believe/convinced in some ways - I will live the Christian way. I'm simply taking this as an example and not getting in-dept into some religious debate - be it this is a purely vague example.

So, ultimately, you want change because you feel comfortable or you're convinced by another behaviour - go with that feeling. You feel me?
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 01-28-11 at 08:36 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    "Be the best/happiest that you can be"
    I agree with this quote. Do whatever that makes you feel good, happy, and comfortable.

I also believe this quote: "There is a world out there for everyone. Until he finds his world, he will be lost."

You feel me?
    Darling, that doesn't sound like you. That sounds like some black rapper!
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    I agree with this quote. Do whatever that makes you feel good, happy, and comfortable.
    You can't offer that advice to sociopaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    You can't offer that advice to sociopaths.
    If everyone could be themselves without fear, there might be less sociopaths in the world.

By the way, I think I learned something from this topic. There is no definitive version of "yourself". By "being yourself," it just means to be happy with yourself without constant fear and worry about what others think.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    If everyone could be themselves without fear, there might be less sociopaths in the world.
    Actually, that is completely redundant. Sociopaths are people who have no emotions. Therefore fear means nothing to a sociopath, if anything, fear is one of the major factors that separate normal people from sociopaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    Actually, that is completely redundant. Sociopaths are people who have no emotions. Therefore fear means nothing to a sociopath, if anything, fear is one of the major factors that separate normal people from sociopaths.
    Is sociopathy born-with or acquired? If acquired, what causes it?

Researchers believe it's a mix of environment and hereditary traits. Don't quote me on this, but I believe studies have shown a correlation between sociopaths and early childhood abuse.
    But that's not to say all abused children become sociopaths or that all sociopaths are abused children. The definition and labeling of sociopathy is also disputed among researchers well. Maybe Jaded can offer some insight.

everyone have a lil fake in them.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by kay &!* View Post
    everyone have a lil fake in them.
    LMAO!!

"Yourself" will always change. Why think too hard? Some time ago, I started to notice that people assume things about me that I don't believe to be true about myself. This used to worry me. I used to think, "Damn, maybe I don't know myself all that well or I'm not portraying myself the way I want to be seen." I only realized later that its the other people who don't know me at all. I didn't come to the conclusion myself though, my mother and father told me so haha.

i disagree with this. maybe on spcnet, everyone is theirselves; but if u go to some other forums, u have all these fake key board gangstas that type like they are some mafia boss, then u look at thier pic and they're nothing but a small white/asian nerdy little boy.
    I don't think everyone on SPCnet is completely themselves. We're all only people after all. Like kay said, "everyone have a lil fake in them."
    I like me.

Not everyone, just the chicks.

Fake boobs, fake hair, fake nails, fake lip sticks, fake makeups etc.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Not everyone, just the chicks.

Fake boobs, fake hair, fake nails, fake lip sticks, fake makeups etc.
    now we know what kinda girls you go for then
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    I don't think everyone on SPCnet is completely themselves. We're all only people after all. Like kay said, "everyone have a lil fake in them."
    Moreover, one of the fun (and potentially dangerous) things about the internet is you don't have to be your true self. You can be anyone, anything you want.