Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Rippling Blossom 《魚躍在花見》

Default The Rippling Blossom 《魚躍在花見》

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8310/0002oj.jpg')
    Chinese Title: 魚躍在花見
    English Title: The Rippling Blossom
    Genre: Modern Love Story
    Filming: October 2009 - January 2010
    Filming Locations: Hong Kong, Japan
    Producer: Chong Wai Kit
    Episodes: 20

RELEASE DATE: FEBRUARY 7, 2011

Cast:
    Chilam (Julian) Cheung
    Michael Tse
    Myolie Wu
    Tavia Yeung
    Damian Lau
    Ken Hung
    Pierre Ngo
    Koni Lui

Synopsis (Translation by: aZnangel)
    After Hong Kong's famous food and drink tycoon passed away, he left his family with a Japanese style sushi restaurant to his second wife Kong Ying Yuet (Lui Yau Wai), her son YU CHI HIU (Michael Tse) and third wife's son YU CHI YING (Chilam Cheung). To be a remarkable sushi master, HIU put his heart and soul into creating the perfect sushi. Although he and his half-brother YING are from the same father, different mother, their family gets along harmoniously. Soon after, the brothers meet their father's first wife LAN YUNG YUNG (Angelina Lo) who has evil intentions to disturb and cause trouble to the sushi restaurant. As the sushi restaurant is at stake, they send a 'letter of war' to YUNG, but YUNG makes use of her private nurse CHOI SI LUNG (Tavia Yeung) to get in the way. HIU and LUNG engages in a 'fantasy and real' relationship with mutual torment, until HIU gets depressed. Meanwhile, delivery of fresh fish is completely shut off, YING had to personally fly over to Hokkaido and make the fish purchases. On the flight to Japan, he coincidentally meets the troublesome rich girl KEUNG KEUNG (Myolie Wu). At the fish market, the two meet MO YUNG CHING (Damian Lau) known as the '100 Eyes Fish God' and there YING discovers that he is actually natural talent. To rescue the sushi restaurant, the two brothers encounters attacks in their career, family and relationship. Eventually, the two will compete in a showdown...

AOD Synopsis
    A Hong Kong dining mogul leaves behind a sushi restaurant to his second wife, KONG YING-YUET (Lui Yau Wai), their son, YU CHI-HIU (Tse Tin Wah) and the son from his third wife, YU CHI-YING (Cheung Chi Lam).

HIU and YING are remarkable Japanese cuisine chefs whose main aim in life is to pursue excellence in chefhood. Although HIU and YING have different mothers, they get along very well.

When their father's first wife, LANG YUNG-YUNG (Lo Yuen Yan) creates trouble for the restaurant, HIU declares to challenge her, claiming whoever wins will have the restaurant.

YUNG sends her personal nurse, CHOI SZ-LUNG (Tavia Yeung) to get close to HIU. He is completely smitten by love for her but soon becomes unhappy with their lukewarm relationship.

On the other hand, their supply for fresh food has been shut out. YING has to make a trip to Hokkaido, Japan to buy fish. He meets KEUNG KEUNG (Myolie Wu), a willful girl from a wealthy family on the plane. They also meet MOYUNG CHING (Damian Lau) who is known as "The God of Fish" by chance in the fish market.

As HIU and YING meet with setbacks in their career, family and their loved ones after their attempt to save the restaurant, the two brothers decide to have a competition.

Info
    - Chilam is a Japanese culinary teacher
    - Chilam and Myolie will pairing up
    - Tavia is Pierre's wife, but is romantically linked with Chilam and Michael Tse
    - Chilam has a crush on Tavia
    - Michael and Chilam are half-brothers
    - Damian is Myolie's dad
    - Tavia and Ken Hung are siblings
    - Tavia is a private nurse to Angelina Lo and later marries Pierre
    - Tavia's romantic storyline will be complicated, as it involves love and revenge. She gets used by Angelina Lo to take revenge on Chilam-Michael.
    - Myolie will be a tad evil and like brand names. She will play a spoiled rich girl, but she will only be rich in the first two episodes. Myolie will also be speaking some Japanese in the series. She will be a picky eater, who constantly criticizes Michael's food.
    - Myolie will run away from home and meet Chi Lam and Michael in Japan.
    - Angelina Lo is the first wife of Chilam-Michael's father, and Pierre is her son.
    - Pierre is mentally challenged brother of Michael and Chilam
    http://asianuniverse.net/forums/TVB_...__t257570.html

Just watched the 1st episode. The drama is hilarious. The characters and editing style is refreshing too. For Chilam fans, you get to see him shake his butt. ;p
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-03-11 at 03:00 AM. Reason: 《荃加福祿壽探案》

Why is it that Michael Tse feels like Laughing? Ugh..

Great series...I enjoy it very much....Highly recommended.
    有了你開心D乜都清心滿意鹹魚白菜也好好味

I love the "feel" for this series as some scenes are filmed in Japan. It's refreshing! I'm so tired of TVB series always being filmed on TVB sets or HK scenes.

So far, story wise, it's very plain and rather boring. It feels like Lang Yung Yung is very bad villain cuz it's rather stupid to try to pull down Michael as the father has already died. Honestly, she needs to get a life. Also, for a crippled old woman like her, she's rather immature.

The highlight of the drama other than the beautiful and calming scenery, is definitely Chilam and Myolie's story. They are so cute together! Both are hilarious and they make a silly, but great partnership. A side note, Myolie's hair, outfits, and branded names bags are amazing!

Michael and Tavia are kinda boring and with Michael turning evil and wanting everything back, he gets even more annoying. Why is it that his acting seems so forced and fake? He tries too hard perhaps... but there is something that I just don't like about it. He was so much better in La Femme Desperado and Virtues of Harmony I+II.

i love this series! never thought it can be sooo good! but from episode 01 i was already laughing at chilam! lol he's just so hilarious with myolie! hahaha! so sweet on how he drew all those 'maps' to teach the princess how to be a commoner...

i kinda like michael here. hmm...not the character, but more on his outfit (black coats). he looks so man! his story with tavia, i can only say one word, heavy. makes the series very heavy. yet, there's always chilam and myolie lighting up the whole mood. hehe!

and oh! i also like damien here. surprising, coz i never liked damien. but he's really very good in here.

and of course, who can ever forget to mention the breathtaking sceneries in japan? totally love them! especially the scenes where michael and tavia stayed. really very very nice.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

it's light hearted and fun
    and I've always feel Myolie Wu excel in comedy, she's alot better to watch in comedies than tragic/serious series. Also she's getting prettier everytime I watch her, weird considering her age.

I am currently watching this and Chi Lam's character is hilarious. I especially like when he's dreaming cause I always thought it's real, but then it isn't. Everyone seems very trendy in this series especially for a non-fashion show.
    Less Than Perfect

A very boring series to me. If not for Chilam I would have totally skipped the whole series at episode 5, as it is I watched till episode 12 but finally decided not waste to my time anymore, not even for Chilam. Anyway, Micheal totally turned me off with his put on and very pretentious choked look, and his very stiff acting. Micheal is just not good as a romantic male lead.

This series is not one you want to watch late at night when there's no food around. I got so so so hungry watching it, and I'm not even crazy about Sushi - although I do like some of it. I never knew you ate sushi with your bare hands too.

Guess what I'm going to grab for lunch tomorrow!!!!

Am I the only one that didn't find this series to not be too enjoyable or intriguing enough to hold the number #1 in ratings position as long as it has so far this year?
    NAMTOWN!

a little island east of america and west of europe

I was a bit dubious about this series before I watched it, but it was better than I expected. Myolie plays ditzy characters so well, but I thought her rebound and sudden rise to success was a bit exaggerated. Overall it needed a bit more drama to it... everything about TVB nowadays is so nicey nicey... (spoilers) Tavia's character should have been more devious, there should have been more deeply ingrained hatred between the brothers and Myolie lost her resolve against accepting her father far far too easily.

Agree with Ian Liew about wanting to eat sushi after watching it - and I WAS watching it late at night as well!!!

Pierre played his character pretty good. Enjoying this series a lot.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/5d70b0ebjw1dimrvhj9h0j.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/7e68e6b6gw1dl6vvo9oduj.jpg')

Enjoyed this series a lot.

This series is actually pretty entertaining, and much of that is because of Chilam Cheung's performance and character which is like a breath of fresh air.

Michael Tse's character provides a great contrast to Chilam's, although his performance has Laughing written all over it. I wonder whether it's because he portrayed Laughing so many times that it's magically become his new acting 'style'. Yikes.

Tavia is hovering dangerously close to overexposure these days, and her character is seriously irritating. I'm on the fence about Myolie as I used to be such a fan until she went the comedy route. Damian is definitely refreshing here, though.

And this series makes me hungry. Mmmm sushi!
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com

Blending refined Japanese cuisine with an inspiring theme of self-realization and a dose of family feud and romantic melodrama, The Rippling Blossom has all the right ingredients to leave a good taste in the audience's mouth. Charismatic singer/actor Julian Cheung Chi Lam returns to star in his first TVB drama in six years, teaming up with the station's top actors like Michael Tse, Tavia Yeung, Myolie Wu, Damian Lau, and a supporting cast including Angelina Lo, Lisa Lui, Pierre Ngo, and pop idol Ken Hung. An interesting storyline, detailed researches into Japan's food culture, and the beautiful scenery of Hokkaido certainly also contributed to the drama's success as one of the highest-rated shows of 2011 thus far.
    Master sushi chef Yu Chi Hiu (Michael Tse) and his happy-go-lucky stepbrother Yu Chi Ying (Julian Cheung) run the January Otaki Japanese restaurant left for them by their late father, whose wife Lang Yung Yung (Angelina Lo) has inherited his restaurant empire after his death. Hiu and Ying are illegitimate sons, and Lang hates them so much she vows to drive their restaurant out of business and make their life miserable. She arranges to have their fish supply halted, and uses her personal assistant Choi Sze Lung's (Tavia Yeung) ambivalent relationship with Hiu to bring about their downfall.

At the fish market in Hokkaido, Ying encounters eccentric sushi expert Moyung Ching (Damian Lau), who discovers the young man's extraordinary talent at making sushi. In return, Ying helps him to reconcile with his long-lost daughter Keung Keung (Myolie Wu). After Hiu loses the crucial culinary match against Lang that decides the fate of January Otaki, Ying eventually saves the family by winning the Japanese sushi franchise with his newfound skills - but that also arouses Hiu's jealousy for him. As the sibling rivalry gets more and more intense, the stage is set for a sushi showdown between Hiu and Ying...
    http://www.yesasia.com/us/the-rippli...0-en/info.html

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.ihktv.com/image/2012/01/002533cHy.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/48d60437jw1dozn41ckblj.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/66b3c397jw6de58f8c3ulj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/3782/mosinrating2011aeu.jpg')