Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Bu Bu Jing Xin Novel Discussion. (Lot's of Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    Hi Hoju,

Hi Plushie, our translation and posting goddess!

Any chance we could insert this at the start of each chapter/posting? (Feel free to modify, I was just writing all the points I could think of from my and Hoju's p.o.v.!)

"This work is an amateur fan-translation of original work by Tong Hua as available in free online format in Mandarin Chinese at (fill in the link). The translation is done as good will, so that fellow fans who do not read Mandarin may enjoy this lovely work. We declare that we do not profit monetarily in any way from this work, and also do not pretend to be professional translators, hence apologize in advance for inadvertent translation errors. In addition reposting of the translation must be done with explicit permission of all translators as contactable via spcnet."
    Hey yanfeng. Of course! Good idea.

I will start adding that in future updates. Thanks!
    << ~ Bu Bu Jing Xin Fan-Translation // Magnolia Translation Team: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com ~ >>

Hi, may i join you?

thanks for Magnolia translating team for translating this wonderful novel
    my friend translating your work into our own language (indonesia) and posting it (indonesian version) on forums . is that ok with you?

just like you guys, she doing this just for fun and without profit.

Plushie... i'm waiting for your next chapter 3 (5)
    Last edited by Kurenai86; 05-13-11 at 06:37 PM.

Kurenai86- welcome! And how fun that it's being translated into Bahasa!

I'm good with it so long as you put the right references (particularly to the original author, along with disclaimers about not being commercial and needing agreements from all to repost) it's awesome! (Defer to the other translators on their thoughts as well!)

Also Plushie usually posts on Tuesdays (roughly), and once Chap 3 is done, it'll go a little quicker for a few weeks as we post stuff that the rest of us have accumulated- I'm guessing we'll post a half chapter a week. (With many, many thanks to Plushie for buying us time by being point person for the first few chapters!)

BTW Plushie, let me know if you need any help with 3!

Hi Kurenai86! That's awesome that you're sharing the BBJX love. I'm also fine with it, just agree with yanfeng about the disclaimers.

Sorry that I've been MIA. I should be available now to help out if anyone needs it since chapter 11 is so far out still. Plushie, please feel free to shout out if you need help with chapter 3. Don't feel pressure to get it all done yourself. Thank you for the awesome translations to date.
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

Hey sorry guys. (quick post here!) I caught a really bad flu and has been in bed for the last week and half. Ugh. Still sick in fact...... =.= Couldn't really translate at all. Didn't even touch a computer till now.

I've got chapter 3 parts 5-6 covered, but to speed things up, does anyone have the time to help finish off part 7-8?? That way we can get it all done asap. I think Chapter 3 has been dragged out long enough. Due to stupid me. Sorry. >.<

Anyways, back to sleeping...
    << ~ Bu Bu Jing Xin Fan-Translation // Magnolia Translation Team: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com ~ >>

Plushie, get well soon! Don't feel bad.

I'll take part 7. If anyone wants to take part 8, let us know and jump right in. Otherwise, I'll continue onto part 8 afterwards.
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

Yo Plushie- definitely get better soon!

I'll take a crack at part 8, though currently stuck in airport so can only do the attempt tonight if (fingers crossed) I make it home!

Hi guys, sorry for being MIA for so long. Finals really took a lot out of me and then this organization I'm in started a no technology pledge so I wasn't able to access a computer (or phone, or TV, torture but it was kind of fun at the same time). Sorry if any of you sent me emails and I didn't respond, I'll get to that ASAP.

Plushie, please don't feel bad. I know how horrendous the flu can be. Don't worry about the translations and just focus on getting better. Since Hoju and yanfeng got part 7 and 8, I'll continue on my slow progress with chapter 13 and wrapping up editing the rest.
    Bu Bu Jing Xin English Fantranslation: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com/

Done with 3.8! Now who has the master copy of 4 because once Hoju, you or I or Cutzie, combine our versions we might be up for Chap 4 posting!

Plushie, just focus on getting better- Cutzie, is there a way you can be out post-mistress while Plushie recuperates?

Yay on Magnolia translate team!

I have the copy of the whole chapter 4 and have already edit and sent it to Plushie, so she have one too.

And I can post the chapters up until Plushie is well again, no problem

Hi Hoju/Cutzie, would you like me to compile Chap 3's last few bits? If so send them along to me by pm! Then maybe I can send the end result to Cutzie for QC and posting!

Actually, I already got the Hoju's part from her so just email me your part, yanfeng. Hopefully, Plushie will be well enough to post her parts or send them to me. And I'll do the rest after that

Hi Cutzie, yikes, I pm'ed you,Hoju and Plushie my part 3 days ago... did none of you get it? Let me know and i'll resend it... I can see it in my sent mail even!

Oops, sorry yanfeng. I haven't been checking my pm, my bad But yup, I got it Will post those two parts up after part 6

Awesome Cutzie, I saw you post part 4? Or was it Plushie you? Excited to get the other chapters published as we build up to what will hopefully be a release of the drama in the not-too-distant future!

Hey guys..... part 6 will be up very soon (within the next few days.) =.=" Yes Plushie is so bad for dragging it so long..... sigh......

Then Cutzie can Post part 7-8. I already have ch 4 pretty much looked over and edited. I can start posting ch 4 after Cutzie posts parts 7-8. So..... how fast should I post the updates for chapter 4?

Hey Plushie! Hope you are feeling much better. Don't worry about the speed. Real life takes precedence, of course.

Even though we've got a few chapters ready in the hopper, I don't think we have to post gigantic updates, otherwise, we may run out of our reserve pretty quickly. Based on what I've seen in the translation forum here, if readers had to choose between the two, most generally would take regular updates over one huge post but then no updates for a long time. I would suggest making sure we post consistently every Tuesday as we said we would and keeping them to a "nice" length. I thought what you started out with (I think it was 3 or 4 parts per post) was a good length -- long enough to be satisfying but still buys us enough time to keep our translation going with regular updates.

Of course, I'm open to what the rest of the team has to say.
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

Plushie! Glad you're feeling better I agree with what Hoju said, 3 or 4 parts per posts is good. I think it's more important that we're consistent with the updates rather than the amount that we're updating with.

Plushie- welcome back!

Trust this means you're feeling better and life is caught up on!

I'm with Hoju and Cutzie... slow and steady is fabulous- half a chapter every week will give us time to keep translating.

BTW, it's early days yet, but I think it'll be fun to do something in honor of the release of the drama... like maybe we'll compile all of what we have published by the time the drama comes out in one big pdf and send it to Tong Hua?! (Well, not like it's great stuff, but as a "token of our love" type of thing? Cute amateur translations for our favorite internet author?)

Anyway, great to have everyone back and I think we're expecting another translator to join us... s/he posted at the main thread and we can reboost our translation efforts!

Quote Originally Posted by Plushie View Post
    Hey guys..... part 6 will be up very soon (within the next few days.) =.=" Yes Plushie is so bad for dragging it so long..... sigh......

Then Cutzie can Post part 7-8. I already have ch 4 pretty much looked over and edited. I can start posting ch 4 after Cutzie posts parts 7-8. So..... how fast should I post the updates for chapter 4?
    Hi Plushie, hope you're 100% better soon! Can I join the translation team? I finished the novel online and would love a chance to dust off my rusty translation skills.