Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Bu Bu Jing Xin Novel Discussion. (Lot's of Spoilers!)

Did it ever explain why 4th mom didn't like him? She was his real mother right? The Emperor did seem to like him that much either

HI Plushie,

I have been the site, is there any updates after chapter 8 (7).. coz I have been waiting for weeks... wondering if you guys are still continuing the great translation work .. for non chinese readers like us.....

Is there a link to the epilogue? (In simplified chinese, lol)

And I read through the thread, and I agree with the user who said that there wasn't much tension with ZX/Ruo Xi's dual identity. But I'm willing to overlook it since it may have clogged the plot. Although RX's struggles because of her modern thinking when it comes to love.

ah, idk.
    Last edited by ice_mountain23; 02-02-12 at 11:19 AM.

So at what point did the princes like RuoXi? I know they all started to take an interest in RuoXi when she and Ming Yu fell in the lotus pond.

10th Prince liked her instantly. 8th was charmed by her next and confirmed it when he gave her the bracelet. 13th became a close friend when they went to the woods to drink. When did 4th take an interest in RX - when he answered all the questions she asked about him, or when he kissed her when giving her riding lessons, or when he gave her the hairpin?

You are right. 10th Prince liked her from the start. As for 8th, I don't get a real sense that he truly liked her but that RX reminded him the image of that happy and carefree RL he first saw up on the hill. When he gave her the bracelet, I felt that it was more to lay claim on RX after RX's second outing with 13th. As for 13th, they both shared thoughts and ideas and found themselves having many similarities. I felt they developed a sense of trust between each other and thus the foundation of their relationship.
    The development for RX and 4th is different. RX was apprehensive of him as he was the future emperor and did not want to get into the wrong side of him. Thus, she asked 13th to help check out on 4th's likes and dislikes to better serve him as she was appointed the tea lady. 13th did a lousy job and RX was found out. Thus the scene of the questioning. She did such a good job of serving 4th that led him to think that RX liked him and thus the forced kiss. 4th then realized RX did not like him and thus did not pursue after that. Though she still held a place. He decided to go after her after RX helped Min Min to put up a dance for 13th. He felt that this was a special lady who was willing to let others shine and willingly stayed behind the scene. I guess most people would want to take the credits but RX was not. Thus he developed that liking deeper for her.

Hope I have been clear.....

Yup, totally clear. I understood when RX developed feelings for 4th as she listed it in her final letter to 4th, but I wasn't sure when 4th truly liked her I thought it was at the forced kiss as "ice face" 4th wouldn't do anything so daring but the scene seem more funny than romantic. Thanks for pinpointing the answer for me. Now I'm off to rewatch that Snowflakes and Red Plum Blossoms scene again

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Plushie View Post
    Hey guys.

I will be updating part 1 of chapter 9 later this week. Need to catch up on some sleep though.... So sorry that it's late! =(
    Hi can I help out in e translation? I am a new crazy fan over this. Hehe. I really wish to share this with more ppl so hope to contribute somehow! Last time I was so obsessed was due to xian jian qi xia Zhuang a couple of yrs ago. Tried to play e game but kept failing hehe. But now there is such a nice novel I really wanna read it and understand more about each character and the brilliant plot! Some political stuff I didn't really understand!
    "Laugh as much as you can." :
    "Follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you are going to become. Everything else is secondary." - Steve Jobs.

the book <3 i love the storyline.. sad that min min's role got cut in the drama... and oh man if they had filmed the new 2011 epilogue for the drama's ending.. i think i would have died crying. 4... all alone.. that scene when the empress was dying.. pricked my heart.. and how he knew he was truly all alone..

I am writing to express my appreciation for those of you who have spent their time painstakingly translating this novel for us Chinese illiterate fans. I've been following your updates closely and I've noticed it's been a while since we've heard any news from you girls. I sincerely hope the project is still work in progress and have not been abandoned. I've read up to chapter 8 of your translations and I am anxiously waiting to read more. Please let us know how you girls are doing. Thanks.

I totally love this novel! Started reading it after watching the drama "Bu Bu Jing Xin"..looking forward to "BBJX 2"!

i've just finnished watching this series..and love it so much!!! how i wish that the work on translation of the book will keep continue...as i can't read any mandarin at all... :-( i am eager to read more of the novel..please..please..keep it up ... :-)

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your hard work and time on translating. I love reading the translation and i can picture every scenes as i read it. I do admit I like the book more since it show more detail. Keep up the great work.

Anybody know the age difference between rouxi and the princes?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Plushie View Post
    Hey guys.

I will be updating part 1 of chapter 9 later this week. Need to catch up on some sleep though.... So sorry that it's late! =(

Sorry for badgering but I didn't find any updates after chapter 8. Have you guys given up on it completely?

Anyways thanks for what you've done till now and I'll always be waiting if you ever decide to pick it up again

Hey I'm new too and extremely happy to see this thread active in 2013. My knowledge is very basic and about a day old but I think I can safely answer this.
    She's 13 at the start of the story when 14th prince is 16, 10th is 21 and 8th and 4th are probably in their late 20's like 27 or26. Hope I helped.

Question

To everyone in the Magnolia Translation Team, THANK YOU.

I have recently finished watching BBJX based on a recommendation and am well and truly cried out! having grown to love the characters so much and not able to let go yet, i was over the moon to come across your project. Though it is sad to see that it was suspended after chapter 8. It still deserves to be said that you guys did an awesome job for what would have been a mammoth task. Really humbled by your dedication and generosity in making this story available to the none Chinese reading fans out there. We applaud you.

To fill the void I am alternating between re watching my favourite 4th/RX scenes and reading through the Vietnamese iBook of BBJX - which is painfully slow and iffy because my Vietnamese is worse than a primary kids! But beggars can't be choosers and I am begging atm! LoL

​Just a thought though, on your blog you had a summary of the translation progress, and it appears that some of the chapters may have been at various stages of work. So as to not have the work already done go to waste, would you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE consider making available what has been translated albeit in its raw and unedited state? I speak for my self but think other fans would agree that we would still love to read any scene or conversation involving our beloved characters. Again thanks guys.

I second this and probably lots of people will back me up.
    Love you magnolia team

Hi guys,

I definitely worship at the alter of Tong Hua and is also well and truly a 4th shipper here!

after watching the series before attempting to read the novel, I have to say how ecstatic I am whenever I come across extra scenes/conversations between RX&4th that where not in the show. They are like little gems that reward me for the hard labour of reading it in another language!

Thought I would share some of these rare finds with others who may not be able to read the book itself. Please excuse my extremely poor attempt at translating it, the skill set may not be there but the love certainly is.

-(This is part of the conversation that 4th has with RX after he becomes emperor when he asked her tell him honestly what he needed to do so that she will no longer reject him physically)

"If you concerned of the disputes and battles from within the harem in the days to come, I can assure you I will absolutely not allow it to occur"

He continues to stare intently at me while I bite me lip and do not respond.

"Great Qing has tens of thousands of officials and I am still able to control them, do you really think I would be incapable to managing my harem of only a few concubines and consorts? Throughout history, contentions within the harems are only due to these few reasons: sometimes the emperor is incompetent and therefore not able to watch over them. Sometimes in principle these are direct substitution for conflicts of interests and benefits within the court. Where the emperor knowingly allows this dispute to carry on so they would mutually restrain each other. And sometimes it's just out of pure laziness that he refuses to bother controlling it. But you have my word, I will assert complete control. Truth be told, when I ordered the maid to be beaten to death it was to send out a warning - Regardless of who it may be, if they monitor, snoop or interfere with my matters, I will absolutely not show mercy".

whhhhhoooaaa 4th, how can you be so frightening and sexy at the same time?!!!

After she shows signs of relenting

He smiles and chuckles slightly, then picks me up and proceeds to carry me to the bed.

Tense and embarrass, I exclaim " why must you show such urgency?! I'm not even properly prepared!"

He smiled and said "you are quick to react when something urgent arises, but if given the chance to quietly ponder, you will not stop hesitating and show no determination what so ever. You may agree with me tonight but who is to say that you won't sleep on it and then change your mind tomorrow? I'd much rather seize this opportunity!!"

And with that he gently places me on the bed....

Raaaaaaaawwwww *madly fanning self for air*
    Why did they not film this...??? Tee hee! Love 4th! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Super-latte View Post
    Hi guys,

I definitely worship at the alter of Tong Hua and is also well and truly a 4th shipper here!

after watching the series before attempting to read the novel, I have to say how ecstatic I am whenever I come across extra scenes/conversations between RX&4th that where not in the show. They are like little gems that reward me for the hard labour of reading it in another language!

Thought I would share some of these rare finds with others who may not be able to read the book itself. Please excuse my extremely poor attempt at translating it, the skill set may not be there but the love certainly is.

-(This is part of the conversation that 4th has with RX after he becomes emperor when he asked her tell him honestly what he needed to do so that she will no longer reject him physically)

"If you concerned of the disputes and battles from within the harem in the days to come, I can assure you I will absolutely not allow it to occur"

He continues to stare intently at me while I bite me lip and do not respond.

"Great Qing has tens of thousands of officials and I am still able to control them, do you really think I would be incapable to managing my harem of only a few concubines and consorts? Throughout history, contentions within the harems are only due to these few reasons: sometimes the emperor is incompetent and therefore not able to watch over them. Sometimes in principle these are direct substitution for conflicts of interests and benefits within the court. Where the emperor knowingly allows this dispute to carry on so they would mutually restrain each other. And sometimes it's just out of pure laziness that he refuses to bother controlling it. But you have my word, I will assert complete control. Truth be told, when I ordered the maid to be beaten to death it was to send out a warning - Regardless of who it may be, if they monitor, snoop or interfere with my matters, I will absolutely not show mercy".

whhhhhoooaaa 4th, how can you be so frightening and sexy at the same time?!!!

Thanks a lot super latte for these gems. I've been trawling the thread after reading unto chapter 8 to find these tiny nuggets. It's like searching for tiny clues trying to form an entire puzzle. Extremely tiring and irritating but infinitely rewarding :-)