Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HEY, A FREAKING MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE JUST HIT JAPAN!

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    OT: May I know where you get the salary figure? Thanks much.
    I did a quick google search and found a website that lists the salaries of top execs at the end of 2010. The charities include UNICEF, American Red Cross, United Way, World Vision, and Salvation Army. I haven't researched enough into these charities to validate the claims, but see the link below if you are interested.

http://snopes.com/politics/business/charities.asp

Based on the website, the current President/CEO of Red Cross makes $447K-$495K. So it is less than $600K/year, but that is still a huge amount! I would not have thought that the people running these charitable organizations get paid so much

Where are the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?
    They are the heroes that immune to radio active materials. They can fix all the problems at nuclear plans.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 03-15-11 at 12:10 AM.

when i checked last year, red cross ceo's made about $600k. this year, its ceo makes about $450k, but its top earner makes $560k.

http://www.charitynavigator.org/inde...ary&orgid=3277

my other beef with red cross is that it has been involved in a few scandals where it has poorly used people's donation and of course, pocketed the money. also, ARC does not fully help its intended victims like other organizations do.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10640252...v-morning_joe/

let me do some more research on the salvation army and world vision (i realize that the japanese may not need doctors without borders; they need basic goods). most of what i read have been significantly less alarming and suspicious.
    Last edited by patricia n; 03-15-11 at 12:37 AM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Thanks, patricia n.

Situation in Japan getting worse. Some panic buying. Earthquake hit Tokyo. Let's pray for everything to end quickly and peacefully.

Just saw a video on Yahoo of these two dogs. One was lying sick and the other stood by it. It was moving. Sad for the animals as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    Just saw a video on Yahoo of these two dogs. One was lying sick and the other stood by it. It was moving. Sad for the animals as well.
    this breaks my heart. =(
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

玉木宏

blog

but doctors without borders is not accepting funding specifically and strictly for japan. they are still in the process of determining how they can help.
    http://www.charitywatch.org/hottopic...unami2011.html
    and http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org...cat=field-news
    after much evaluation, i will be donating to salvation army and international rescue committee (IRC) as i want my money to go specifically to japan. salvation army is already in sensei distributing food/meals and supplies. IRC will be redirecting its funds to an organization already stationed in japan, already up and running so that way things will be more effective.
    i will make a separate donation to doctors without borders in the near future for their overall fantastic work.
    Last edited by patricia n; 03-17-11 at 02:03 AM.

Don't forget the animals! They are also victims of the earthquake and tsunami. Please donate to help if you can!

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/as...nimal.rescue/#
    玉木宏

blog

thanks for the reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Where are the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?
    They are the heroes that immune to radio active materials. They can fix all the problems at nuclear plans.
    Its not funny.

Here is something I found odd, my parish priest commented on it on sunday morning; Basically, the news media aren't talking about Japan, the nuclear troubles over there, or anything else to do with Japan, not even the aftermath stories of survivors found alive and well.

Why ?

Because they're focused on, -you guessed it,- Libya and gas prices.

Come on people, I want to know how Japan is doing. but I can't find mich about it on the net or on TV, muchless the local radio.

I really hope things are getting better over there now that power to thep lant is back.
    Local Li Bingbing/Shui Ling addict
    Out of my mind, back in several years or until the Wife says I can, whichever comes first
    Itsh A Sthpork Sthupid!! ~ Daffy Duck, as quoted by my sister

Quote Originally Posted by Lianazhu View Post
    Here is something I found odd, my parish priest commented on it on sunday morning; Basically, the news media aren't talking about Japan, the nuclear troubles over there, or anything else to do with Japan, not even the aftermath stories of survivors found alive and well.

Why ?

Come on people, I want to know how Japan is doing. but I can't find mich about it on the net or on TV, muchless the local radio.

I really hope things are getting better over there now that power to thep lant is back.
    The reason is gas price and Libya affect their lives more than Japan.
    You can find more news about this man $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwzrCMam3hRNEBZFa_TXyPkHmlAEdls 3kYlKNcOGonV0Gd2lyVTA') than the Fukushima 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Lianazhu View Post

Why ?

Check out an English-language newspaper in Japan then: http://www.japantimes.co.jp/
    玉木宏

blog

Two weeks have passed. If infants should not drink "tap water", what should they drink? bottled water? or packet milk?

Ryu and Akuma, where are you? Come and save your country.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images2.layoutsparks.com/1/125401/akuma-evil-ryu-anime-31000.jpg')