Thread: How many times?

Default How many times?

How many times will you put up with your friends standing you up or canceling on you before you say "forget you!"? Well not say it literally, but you get the point. I know things do come up and they may have legitimate reasons to cancel but when it happens again and again and again, it gets kinda tiring.

I try to give at least three chances cause 3 is my fave number, heh. If plans don't pan out after three attempts, I stop making plans with them. They will have to take the initiative next time. What about you?

I guess for me, I don't really have that three strikes and you're out kind of attitude. I don't have too many close friends so I don't mind my friends flaking on me cause I know that I also do it to them or to other people. I guess if it happens too many times then I'll cool down from making plans with them for a while, but I wouldn't cut them out of my life (at least not for this particular reason). And usually they do end up inviting me to go do things with so it all works out. I guess it just depends how important those people are to you and how patient you are with them.
    Less Than Perfect

I don't put a limit to that too, not that I'm easy-going but I prefer to be understanding as a friend (for good friends and beyond tho). It's the reasons that I care about; I would usually weigh the importance - so, it's fine with me if their reason is legitimate/for something more important. I know some of my friend who come to see that will appreciate my patience and understanding. I'm usually a late-comer anyway, so we call it quits lol. what are friends for? lol
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

i dont know, i dont usually hang out with people that 'cancel' on me, so you might say most friends don't...if they do they probably wouldn't see me again in a year's time at least; im quite 'hard' to book...so...it's not a good idea to cancel on me, unless you really don't mind not seeing me. =) but then again, those people who didn't mind probably dont care that much about me to wait around for my 'free time slot' anyway.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

3 times, without good legitimate reasons. if something really important came up, it's understandable. no big deal. but standing me up for something that was CLEARLY a stupid reason, forget ya. guess you're too busy and cool.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Depends on how close we are and if they are good peeps otherwise. If getting stood up by your "friends" is a norm, it's time to make new ones.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Yes, usually three for me too when I was a student then. When I started working, I usually go out with office colleagues/close friends. So it seems that the number does not apply anymore.

I'm not that harsh with myself or with my friends. It depends on the situation(s) and the reason(s). I usually go out in a group so even if a few flake here and there wouldn't matter much because I would still enjoy my time out with the rest of the gang. But if a specific person keeps missing out on the fun with not so good reasons, I would most likely not invite that person again. Sometimes shit happens and a person is unable to go out for a period of time for whatever reasons and, as a friend, I could definitely understand that. In that situation, I don't need to nor do I have to end a friendship for trivial reasons.

Now, if I ask just one person to hang out with then, the rule of thumb is, first time shame on you, second time shame on me. There isn't a third time. I think that's fair for both parties.
    What you seek is seeking you. Believing is Seeing. Anything is possible if only if you could believe it!

Hermetic Law of Attraction