Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 1983: When did Yeung Hong fall in love with Muk Lim Chi

Default Legend of the Condor Heroes 1983: When did Yeung Hong fall in love with Muk Lim Chi

I've watched LOCH 1982, how many times now? Once when I was 12, then when it came out on Astro this year 2011. Now that I got my husband to download it from a torrent file for me, I can't keep count! I can go to my favourite scenes, pause, read the English subtitles - it's great!

Yeung Hong is such a complex character, and Michael Miu portrayed him so well. I find that I am not quite sure when Yeung Hong is being sincere or when he is just manipulating people.

I wonder what other viewers/fans think about when Yeung Hong actually fell in love, really in love, with Muk Lim Chi. We all know that it was love at first sight for MLC, but what about YH? He flirted with her, sure, and he did use her to lie to his father, protect himself from Yau To Cheong his sifu, and on many other occasions.

Did YH love MLC in Thit Huit Tan Sam, or only in Tung Che Sai Duk after MLC saved his life by curing him from the Mongolian poison?

Here's a nice MV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfngk...eature=related
    Last edited by judylcm; 04-13-11 at 02:33 AM.

I was watching a MV posted on You Tube - scenes between YH and his MLC. Very nice. This is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfngk8y8JG0

And the person who uploaded it said that he thought the time YH really fell in love with MLC was, "I think it's when LC used her own blood to revive YH. You can just tell that he really loved her but, at the same time, he was torn between fame and obscurity. YH is a very complex character. Yes, he's a villain but he also had many good qualities. He was just too negatively influenced. Michael Miu played this role extremely well. I haven't seen YH portrayed better by any other actors and I don't think there will be."

Quote Originally Posted by judylcm View Post
    I was watching a MV posted on You Tube - scenes between YH and his MLC. Very nice. This is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfngk8y8JG0

And the person who uploaded it said that he thought the time YH really fell in love with MLC was, "I think it's when LC used her own blood to revive YH. You can just tell that he really loved her but, at the same time, he was torn between fame and obscurity. YH is a very complex character. Yes, he's a villain but he also had many good qualities. He was just too negatively influenced. Michael Miu played this role extremely well. I haven't seen YH portrayed better by any other actors and I don't think there will be."
    yes, i think so, too. What made Loch 83 so nice is also that the producer added the scene (not in the book) where YH tried to be a common citizen but was treated by the Jin soldiers very rude. You could feel that he was in a real dilemma...
    All actors were extremely good, not like the todays one.... Oh, what happened with the Hong Kong movie industry... Everything moving to South Korea....