Thread: Sick Turtle in Vietnam

Default Sick Turtle in Vietnam

I'm reading about the sick turtle in Vietnam. It's suppose to be a honorary and legendary turtle that traces back to the olden days. It's even mentioned in some old kiem hiep / wuxia/historical martial arts movie... i don't remember what wuxia film i saw it in, but i remember seeing it! lol. i

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/ne...9446861.stm?ls

more about the historical lake: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoan_Kiem_Lake
    ccording to the legend, emperor Lê Lợi handed a magic sword called Heaven's Will which brought him victory in his revolt against the Chinese Ming Dynasty back to the Golden Turtle God (Kim Qui) in the lake and hence gave it its present name (the lake was formerly known as "Luc Thuy" meaning "Green Water"). The Tortoise Tower (Thap Rùa) standing on a small island near the center of lake is linked to the legend.

it's quite sad too because i read another article where people trash this lake! Maybe they should keep it clean so these endangered turtles can live :P supposedly there are only 3 or 4 left in the world. sadness. i love turtles.
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

Yum turtle soup!

I bet that's the reason why there's so few of them left. The one that Emperor Le Loi gave the sword back to probably died from gulping the sword. Poor thing.