Thread: Chilam Cheung spoils Prince Williams' wedding, that it's a waste of money

Default Chilam Cheung spoils Prince Williams' wedding, that it's a waste of money

Chilam Cheung spoils Prince Williams' wedding, that it's a waste of money

Prince Williams and his girlfriend Kate Middletons held the wedding of the century in England yesterday. The newly wed became the hot topic in the world. In England, citizens celebrated the Prince's grand wedding warmly and many girls envied Kate marrying the Prince. However, when the world is sending their blessings to the couple, Chilam Cheung 'pours cold water' on them (spoils the atmosphere) on Weibo yesterday. He feels that the wedding of the century is too expensive and claims that he is not interested in the wedding at all. He wrote: "Is something wrong with me? When everyone in the world is celebrating the Prince's wedding, why am I not interested at all? In fact, I feel that it's way too expensive."

Chilam then used Princess Diana as an example, and said that the grand wedding doesn't mean the relationship will last forever. He said: "Perhaps I really do think a grand feast doesn't represent a relationship that lasts forever! I remember Princess Diana had a glorious wedding and then ended up with a extremely tragic ending. Sorry, I am spoiling the happiness."

Chilam's comments attracted over a thousand fans response. Many supported Chilam's thoughts. A Netizen wrote: "A grand wedding is just a type of symbol for the royal family of England." Another Netizen said: "It's a tradition in the country, cannot be changed."

Louis Cheung agreed with Chilam's thoughts, he expressed: "If a wedding is that expensive, then that money should be used to help the people in need."
    link
    http://grooveasia.com/news/30260/Chi...waste-of-money

It waste British citizen tax money,he was right ,what do you think?

I agree with Chilam Cheung. It's indeed waste of money.

All money that goes towards the Brittish Monarchs are a waste of money. At the same time, it's still their money, they can waste it however they like.

I wonder how much of his extra money does Louis Cheung give to people in need?

Sorry, kinda tired of people who judge how others spend their money by saying 'they should donate to the needy'.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

My thoughts on the wedding:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7od0WRgoQOE

Typical British traditional archaeic and meaningless showcase of wealth and splendour.
    내가 황제라면, 모든 단어에 의미를 부여하기 위해 사전을 만드는 일 부터 시작할 것이다.

AkA: strife_au in the old mythic golden era of SPCNET pre-2007... Pioneer and architect of chaos... The legend lives.

The only thing that interested me about the wedding was checking out William's balding head.

Other than that, I agree fully that the money wasted could have been used to fund social programs.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

While I don't necessarily disagree with Julian's views, I do wonder why his views on the matter deserve any coverage? Is he in some way connected to the British Royal Family or something? I mean, you can get the same feedback from anyone off the streets or any other HK actor, and it's just a personal opinion which for some reason has been deemed newsworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    While I don't necessarily disagree with Julian's views, I do wonder why his views on the matter deserve any coverage? Is he in some way connected to the British Royal Family or something? I mean, you can get the same feedback from anyone off the streets or any other HK actor, and it's just a personal opinion which for some reason has been deemed newsworthy.
    I agree. It must have been a slow news day.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

The royal family brings in more money than it spends. For an in depth review on the purpose of the royal family, watch this entire video is you dare: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzSQsQwHoxA

Anyway, I highly doubt his comment made enough of an impact to actually "spoil" the wedding.
    Last edited by Dragon Heiress; 07-02-11 at 05:01 PM.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

a little island east of america and west of europe

I'm a British Taxpayer and I absolutely loved the Royal Wedding. In the midst of all this doom and gloom of government cuts and recession, it was a breath of fresh air to lighten the mood in the country and I reckon 9/10 people over here had a great day, even if it was because we didn't have to go to work!

Kate and William took a lot of steps to ensure they did not go overboard with the spending and also raised a lot of money for charity by asking their guests to donate to their charitable fund rather than buy them gifts. Gotta take your hat off to them for that.

If British Taxpayers don't mind how their money is spent then it's all good. It's none of my business as it's not my tax dollars.