Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Did Wong Chung Yeung or 1Deng have sufficient inner power to use 6 Mak Divine Swords?

  1. #1
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    23,289

    Default Did Wong Chung Yeung or 1Deng have sufficient inner power to use 6 Mak Divine Swords?

    The 6 Mak Divine Swords skill was not featured in LOCH or ROCH, but there were two high-level 1 Yeung Finger Technique users in these two stories: Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung and South Emperor Deun Chi Hing/1 Deng the Monk.

    Wong Chung Yeung and Deun Chi Hing's inner power levels were greater than that of most 1 Yeung Finger users in DGSD (with the exception of Deun Yu). Did either Wong Chung Yeung or Deun Chi Hing/1 Deng have sufficient inner power to use 6 Mak Divine Swords had the technique been available to them?

  2. #2
    Senior Member minutemanwayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Cardboard box
    Posts
    765

    Default

    Those 6 Celestial Monks had enough inner power to use 1 sword at a time and they got whooped by JMZ. Yi Deng and Wang Chongyang should have internal power equal to JMZ so they should be able to use all 6 swords.
    Yo momma cat

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minutemanwayne View Post
    Yi Deng and Wang Chongyang should have internal power equal to JMZ so they should be able to use all 6 swords.
    What evidence do you have of this?

    As far as I remember, there are no truly exceptional feats performed by the monks of the Celestial Dragon temple or Duan Zhengming that Yi Deng and Wang Chongyang could not reasonably perform. I think YD and WCY could use at least one sword of the 6MSJ.

  4. #4
    Senior Member minutemanwayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Cardboard box
    Posts
    765

    Default

    Evidence is JMZ used a feat similar to YD's Thousand Li Echo
    Yo momma cat

  5. #5
    Senior Member Dirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    My 2 favorite Greats. However, perhaps a ROCH Yi Deng could use 5 swords. Wang Chongyang maybe could have used 6 swords. A Wang Chongyang after reading 9 Yin most certainly could have used all 6 swords.

  6. #6
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    23,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    My 2 favorite Greats. However, perhaps a ROCH Yi Deng could use 5 swords. Wang Chongyang maybe could have used 6 swords. A Wang Chongyang after reading 9 Yin most certainly could have used all 6 swords.
    Do you think either of them could be even better at using 6 Mak Divine Swords than Deun Yu? It would seem that Deun Yu has a greater amount of inner power, but the other two are highly trained, experienced martial artists (and Deun Yu isn't).

  7. #7
    Senior Member minutemanwayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Cardboard box
    Posts
    765

    Default

    Definitly since YD was a master of Yiyangzhi. Learning Yiyangzhi is a prequisite in order to learn 6 Meridian Energy Swords.
    Yo momma cat

  8. #8
    Senior Member PJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minutemanwayne View Post
    Definitly since YD was a master of Yiyangzhi. Learning Yiyangzhi is a prequisite in order to learn 6 Meridian Energy Swords.
    It is not a prerequisite since Duan Yu didn't know it before learning 6MSJ.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

  9. #9
    Senior Member CancerLuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    353

    Default

    YD seemed pretty tired from just 1yz fighting GWM. I have no doubt he "can" use it, but to use it in a fight, no..

  10. #10
    Senior Member minutemanwayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Cardboard box
    Posts
    765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    It is not a prerequisite since Duan Yu didn't know it before learning 6MSJ.
    Which is why he sucked at controling it. The Celestial Monks even commented that they were gready, instead of mastering the Solitary Yang finger, they went ahead to learn the Meridian Swords.
    Yo momma cat

  11. #11
    Senior Member Ian Liew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minutemanwayne View Post
    Which is why he sucked at controling it. The Celestial Monks even commented that they were gready, instead of mastering the Solitary Yang finger, they went ahead to learn the Meridian Swords.
    I thought that "greedy instead of mastering 1yang finger" comment came from them wanting to learn the Shaolin arts Jiumozhi was offering them in exchange for the Meridian Swords, rather than the Meridian Swords themselves, which they learned out of necessity.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minutemanwayne View Post
    Those 6 Celestial Monks had enough inner power to use 1 sword at a time and they got whooped by JMZ.
    The 6 monks did not get whooped by JMZ.

    In the first round of the fight, JMZ was actually the one who lost the battle. He actually got injured when one of the "swords" got him on his shoulder, causing an open wound.

    In round two, he won, but by a technicality only and not by strength. It was agreed upon before the fight that the 6 monks would together use 6MSJ to counter JMZ, and JMZ won this round when he figured out a way to force the 6 monks to use a different technique.

    Now, think about this issue a little bit deeper. Duan Zheng Ming was the youngest of the 6 monks, and he had been practicing 1YZ for how long? 40 years, maybe? So even if we assume the other older monks had only the same amount of 1YZ experience as DZM, the 6 monks were forced to abandon a combined 240 years of 1YZ experience, to use a martial arts that they had only been practicing for a combined 6 days! Obviously, the rule of the battle kept them from performing their best.

    So even though it took 6 monks to defeat 1 JMZ in the book, if they were allowed to use the technique they're most familiar with, it's obvious that they would then be able to win the fight much more easily. Exactly how many of those monks, when using 1YZ, would it take for them to defeat JMZ is a matter of speculation, but I can guarantee that it would take much fewer than 6.

    Yi Deng and Wang Chongyang should have internal power equal to JMZ...
    This is not backed by any facts in the book.

  13. #13
    Senior Member PJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Now, think about this issue a little bit deeper. Duan Zheng Ming was the youngest of the 6 monks, and he had been practicing 1YZ for how long? 40 years, maybe? So even if we assume the other older monks had only the same amount of 1YZ experience as DZM, the 6 monks were forced to abandon a combined 240 years of 1YZ experience, to use a martial arts that they had only been practicing for a combined 6 days! Obviously, the rule of the battle kept them from performing their best.

    So even though it took 6 monks to defeat 1 JMZ in the book, if they were allowed to use the technique they're most familiar with, it's obvious that they would then be able to win the fight much more easily. Exactly how many of those monks, when using 1YZ, would it take for them to defeat JMZ is a matter of speculation, but I can guarantee that it would take much fewer than 6.
    I completely agree with this.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

  14. #14
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    23,289

    Default

    Yeah...it shouldn't have taken all six of the senior monks at Heavenly Dragon Temple to defeat Kau Mor Tze. Kiu Fung, whose martial arts level is about the same as Kau Mor Tze's, believed that he'd have trouble taking on more than four martial artists at the level of Deun Yin Hing, and each of those monks is no worse than equal to Deun Yin Hing.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minutemanwayne View Post
    Evidence is JMZ used a feat similar to YD's Thousand Li Echo
    This isn't logically valid unless you can prove that this is the best JMZ can do. If that's the best JMZ can do, and YD matches it, then YD's equal or better than JMZ. But you can't prove it because you don't know how far away JMZ or YD were when they spoke.

    Also, in HSDS, the Shaolin Abbot Kong Wen (a 3rd-tiered fighter in the novel) could also perform this feat. Again, we don't know how far he was when he spoke. Are you gonna say Kong Wen is as strong as YD too?

  16. #16
    Senior Member CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Yeah...it shouldn't have taken all six of the senior monks at Heavenly Dragon Temple to defeat Kau Mor Tze. Kiu Fung, whose martial arts level is about the same as Kau Mor Tze's, believed that he'd have trouble taking on more than four martial artists at the level of Deun Yin Hing, and each of those monks is no worse than equal to Deun Yin Hing.
    Not sure about this. Duan Zhengming agreed that DYQ was better in martial arts than himself. So DYQ could be at least at or above the 6 monks.

    But yes, I dont think you need 6 DYQ's to overcome JMZ.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

  17. #17
    Moderator Ren Wo Xing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Currently DC
    Posts
    6,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Not sure about this. Duan Zhengming agreed that DYQ was better in martial arts than himself. So DYQ could be at least at or above the 6 monks.

    But yes, I dont think you need 6 DYQ's to overcome JMZ.
    While this is nominally correct, you forget that immediately after that statement DZM said that in a real fight, he would beat DYQ, and DYQ agreed that this was true, because he was a cripple after all.

    Three of the monks would’ve given XF a run for his money. Four probably would’ve taken him out, assuming they are on par with DZM.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    While this is nominally correct, you forget that immediately after that statement DZM said that in a real fight, he would beat DYQ, and DYQ agreed that this was true, because he was a cripple after all.

    Three of the monks would’ve given XF a run for his money. Four probably would’ve taken him out, assuming they are on par with DZM.
    Who stronger Duan Zhengmin or end-LOCH Guo Jing..

  19. #19
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    23,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Who stronger Duan Zhengmin or end-LOCH Guo Jing..
    WuxiaMaster ranks Deun Jing Ming slightly higher.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    WuxiaMaster ranks Deun Jing Ming slightly higher.
    Yeeep but still they're in the same "class" so "handle" 4 Duan Zhengmin or LOCH Guo Jing not a difficult task for Xiao Feng or Zhang Sanfeng IMHO..

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-07-16, 03:01 AM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-26-10, 10:55 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-12-10, 05:47 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-23-08, 05:31 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-18-06, 01:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •