Thread: Girl Saves Suicidal Boy With a Kiss

Default Girl Saves Suicidal Boy With a Kiss

Girl Saves Suicidal Boy With a Kiss
    Liu Wenxiu, a 19-year-old waitress from Shenzhen, has been praised for stopping a 16-year-old boy from committing suicide with a simple kiss.
    Liu was passing by a pedestrian bridge in downtown Shenzhen when she spotted hundreds of onlookers watching a young man with a knife in his hand, threatening to jump.
    She managed to get close to the boy by telling the police that she was his girlfriend and also the reason for his attempt to commit suicide.
    According to local television, the boy’s mother had passed away, his stepmother didn’t treat him well and she left with all his father’s money.
    “He told me he didn’t have a home anymore, nobody cared about him and no one trusted him. I showed him the scars on my right wrist as I used to be suicidal too because nobody in my family was happy. That boy, he was like a younger me. He had to be saved – because I’ve been there before and I knew exactly how it was,” said Liu.
    The negotiation on the bridge ended like a romantic movie when Liu hugged the boy and kissed him unexpectedly. Police took advantage of the situation to take away the boy’s knife and pull him inside the handrail of the bridge.
    Liu left after the rescue, but local police needed her help again because the boy refused to reveal his story without her presence, reports Asia One.

link
    http://dailypicksandflicks.com/2011/...-a-kiss-video/

Aw.... it's soooo saad D:
    but I won't deny that it was kind of romantic...
    uhh... how can his stepmother be so cruel? I thought it only happens in movies =.=

Glad nobody died or got hurt, but some part of me wonders if this isn't rewarding bad behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Glad nobody died or got hurt, but some part of me wonders if this isn't rewarding bad behavior.
    Me too glad that no one got hurt but Ken, what is the reward here? I am pretty sure the boy doesn't get any reward from the government.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 08-15-11 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Me too glad that no one got hurt but Ken, what is the reward here? I am pretty sure the boy doesn't get any reward from the government.
    He got a kiss from a girl; that's better than any reward that any government could dole out. All the money in the world can't buy that (well, it can, but not the sincerity that should come with it).

Now that I read the article more carefully and saw what actually happened, maybe it was more a lifesaving emergency measure than it was a "reward." I was thinking it was something else.

When a girl does that, she gets kudos for being a lifesaver.

If a guy tried that stunt on a stranger girl, he will probably get slapped and whacked with sexual assault/molest..
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post

If a guy tried that stunt on a stranger girl, he will probably get slapped and whacked with sexual assault/molest..
    Ain't that the truth?

Depend on who the guy is, if he is some handsome guys like Brad Pitt or Andy Lau, then he will be praised as a hero. If he is some ugly looking guy, then he is a sexual predator.

Depend on who the guy is, if he is some handsome guys like Brad Pitt or Andy Lau, then he will be praised as a hero. If he is some ugly looking guy, then he is a sexual predator.
    Ain't that the truth?

Kidding aside, good looking guys wouldn't get away with it either (at least, if we're to take the law enforcement system seriously). Thank goodness that justice still works most of the time.

He got a kiss from a girl; that's better than any reward that any government could dole out. All the money in the world can't buy that (well, it can, but not the sincerity that should come with it).
    It's good only if the girl is sweet/hot/beautiful/cute/ect. It could be a nightmare if the girl is ugly.

It's good only if the girl is sweet/hot/beautiful/cute/ect. It could be a nightmare if the girl is ugly.
    Well, yeah...that's a given.

The article didn't mention what she looked like, did it? Nor were any photographs shown (not that such things should be the focus of this article).

Wow, this is one of the most awesome stories I've read in a while. Massive kudos to Liu Wenxiu for doing something I can only dream of.

The article didn't mention what she looked like, did it? Nor were any photographs shown (not that such things should be the focus of this article).
    If you click on the link in the first post, There is a video in which she is fully revealed.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    If you click on the link in the first post, There is a video in which she is fully revealed.
    I don't know if I'm asking the correct authority on this, but would you say it's worth my while to watch the video?

Was it a kiss on the forehead or a deep French kiss?

I don't know if I'm asking the correct authority on this, but would you say it's worth my while to watch the video?
    Go watch it. At worst, I'll say she is plain.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hui Man-Keung View Post
    Was it a kiss on the forehead or a deep French kiss?
    French kiss

Go watch it. At worst, I'll say she is plain.
    She is no super model, but she is pretty.