Thread: Legend of Eight Immortals.

Arrow Legend of Eight Immortals.

I can't believe both the reviewers of this series give it 5 stars. Here is a warning to those who have not watched it. It is extremely BAD.

First off, I like to say a bit of hatred toward the stupid saleslady who told me this is the continuation of Journey to the West. I really believed her, because the Viet title is very alike, "Tay Du Ky" and "Dong Du Ky." So I thought this would be "Journey to the East." Yeah, I am that dumb then b/c I did not read the novels at all.

I started watching it, I keep comforting myself that I did not waste my money on some stupid series. But I can't deny it much longer. The story was CRAP CRAP CRAP. It was boring as h*ll. (Sorry for the word, I hate this series so much.) The love story was so very lame. I dislike the cast to death, this series make me hate Steven Ma more. And the actresses don't even look good enough to play fairies, if they are really fairies, HAHAHAHHAHAHAH. Not to mention, both were so freaking annoying.

This, I say, is a lot worse than JTTW 3. Compare the 2 and Monkey King 3 looks like it is the best series ever.
    Don't follow my mistake, stay away from this. But if you're that person, that likes to be tortured watching and wasting your money on this, be my guest.
    Beauty is not in the face;
    beauty is a light in the heart.

-It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart.

i thought it was a good series
    This message has NOT been edited by Chris26356

i enjoyed this series too. it's not that bad.

I kinda enjoy this serial on the whole too, especially Jacelyn Tay as He Xiangu.
    Please visit the sites dedicated to the TV dramas, Mainland CCTV Xiao Ao Jiang Hu 笑傲江湖 and HK ATV Heroine of the Yangs 穆桂英 respectively. Thanks!!

You guys actually liked it???

It was so bad (or should I say boring, well both.) I cried of ever renting it, it just proves that Singapore series (ancient) suck.
    Beauty is not in the face;
    beauty is a light in the heart.

-It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart.

nah it was good. i generally dont like singapore series but this one was good.
    On acting, Phyllus Queck and that immortal chick (forgot her name) did a great job. Steven Ma blows, as usual. So did the main bad guy. That main bad guy was so ugly and so bad at acting.

The music was awesome. hands down to that.

Fight scenes, eh. I'm not really into lasers and whatnot, but it was OK for its purposes. I mean, immortals and those monsters shouldn't be doing hand-to-hand kungfuu as opposed to lasers/etc so it fit the story. but, like most other asian series, the graphics were horrible (compared to american movies i guess).

story was boring at first, actually kind of confusing. but later on it gets good. some of the lines/conversations were so cheesy though haha.

if you want to see a sappy romance story, rent this series. it's not even that long. i actually recorded it and added it to my collection
    This message has NOT been edited by Chris26356

i didn't like this series at first because it kinda drags on and i'm not really a fan of singapore series
    gets better towards the end but i didn't like the computer generated graphics
    the acting also wasn't good except for Phyllus Queck

I prefer Jaclyn Tay to Phyllus Quek, her character is so boring!