Thread: Height and dating

Default Height and dating

Does height of the person you're interested in/dating matter? Girls, could you date someone shorter than you? And guys, could you date a girl taller than you?

this may sound really ****ed up but if you're shorter than me, no matter how good of a guy you are, i can NOT date you. i wouldn't even give you a chance. shallow, i know but can't help it :/ i've passed up a few nice guys because they were an inch shorter.. i know they're the type to treat me right and give me the world blah blah but if the heights not there, no can do. lol.

i didn't realized how important height was until recently.. i've been hanging out with this guy friend of mine and we get along GREAT, can keep convos flowing 24/7. and he's extremely caring and attentive towards me, showing signs that he obviously likes me.. he's not bad looking, as a matter of fact, pretty cute and i've given some thoughts of dating... but the fact that he's like half an inch shorter just holds me back. sorry guys, i tried. i'm just that shallow

i think i just like the fact of feeling 'protected' with a taller guy... i'd question who's protecting who if i was the taller one. and i'm not even that tall (5'6) so if a guy is shorter than that...

so yeah, my ideal height for a guy would be about 5'9 and up, just so he can spare some inches if i wear heels

tell me i'm not the only one that feels like this?
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

I wouldn't date a guy shorter than me either. I like to wear heels, so my guy has to be at least the same height or taller than me in heels (and he is ). I also wouldn't date a guy with bad hair or a guy who's younger than me.

It's not so much shallow, but really a matter of preference.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by xJadedx View Post
    I wouldn't date a guy shorter than me either. I like to wear heels, so my guy has to be at least the same height or taller than me in heels (and he is ). I also wouldn't date a guy with bad hair or a guy who's younger than me.

It's not so much shallow, but really a matter of preference.
    Yeah, height is SO important. i just feel like such a ***** for rejecting someone with a great personality because of their height. tsk. it's like, okay, if only you were a feww inches taller!? i would def date you..
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Meh, if he's a great guy he'll find someone else who doesn't mind dating someone shorter. Everyone has different preferences in who they want to date, there is no point forcing something.
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by xJadedx View Post
    Meh, if he's a great guy he'll find someone else who doesn't mind dating someone shorter. Everyone has different preferences in who they want to date, there is no point forcing something.
    i don't think i've met a girl that would actually date a guy shorter than them... lol. at LEAST the same height, unless he has MAJOR swag.
    oh well, there's girls for short guys.. that's shortER girls

If the guy is a completely awesome guy and just a bit shorter, I really wouldn't mind. I'd just stretch him out 2 inches by having him do yoga. =)

But I'm super short, so it's pretty rare to meet a guy shorter than me. Guess I'm safe there. My preference? 7 inches difference is the best. =D

I only date girls with hot bods and big boobs.

There are more important things than height. It's about #23 on my list.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I wouldn't date anyone shorter than me either lol I am 155 cm tall...and there are quite a few guys who are around my height [Asian, usually] and it's just not attractive to me. I actually think kay's 5'9 height requirement to be quite reasonable. I know some girls my height who won't date anyone shorter than 180 cm. I also know many women who love only men who TOWER over them.

Personally, I am wary of men taller than 6'0/180 cm or shorter than 5'5/165 cm. He should be an inch taller than me in my tallest pair of heels...I'd be a staggering 5'4 lol

kay, you are not alone and even quite nice. I know girls who don't date guys for other reasons I don't understand...like he's got big eyes when they like small eyes. This is simply just a preference...but why give up a totally hot guy just because his eyes are a couple of millimeters too round/big?
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    I know some girls my height who won't date anyone shorter than 180 cm. I also know many women who love only men who TOWER over them.
    Yeah, I see a lot of those around me, and I don't get it. WHY? It's cute when you first see them together with that huge height difference, but in reality, isn't it a pain to just be on your tiptoes (for the girls) or scrunching your backs (for the guys) all the time?

Never seems to bother Tom Cruise or any of his wives. Or Sly Stallone and any of his.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    Never seems to bother Tom Cruise or any of his wives. Or Sly Stallone and any of his.
    These men are also immensely wealthy and famous. Got Greens? You got height...same goes for men with power lol
    I like me.

What ByTmE said. An easier way would be - put Tom Cruise (pre-Scientology) and another equally rich and famous, but taller, actor (say ...Johnny Depp) together and see who most women will go for. I'm betting it's not going to be Tom Cruise.
    My love and my agony.

yah bro, just like a guy that got no game during college. put him after college and he is baaankin', see how many women follows him, lol. maybe not for the right reasons but still, the guy can get women. that's a FACT because i've seen it.

Angry

I wouldn't date a girl who's uglier than I am. So that's 8.5/10 and up only. I might go for a 7 but she'd have to tick every other box. I'm not shallow. It's a matter or preference.
    But to answer you original Q, I've gone out with a girl taller than me before but prob wasn't by more than an inch. Height has never been a reason I didn't ask a girl out or dumped someone over. But I guess I find those too short or too tall less attractive due to proportions. Too short generally have short legs and too tall have massive man hands.
    Last edited by KeongJai; 07-17-11 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Ah stuff it. Can't be bothered fixing typos or the emoticons. Too hard on mobile phone touchscreen keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by kay &!* View Post
    Does height of the person you're interested in/dating matter? Girls, could you date someone shorter than you? And guys, could you date a girl taller than you?

this may sound really ****ed up but if you're shorter than me, no matter how good of a guy you are, i can NOT date you. i wouldn't even give you a chance. shallow, i know but can't help it :/ i've passed up a few nice guys because they were an inch shorter.. i know they're the type to treat me right and give me the world blah blah but if the heights not there, no can do. lol.

i didn't realized how important height was until recently.. i've been hanging out with this guy friend of mine and we get along GREAT, can keep convos flowing 24/7. and he's extremely caring and attentive towards me, showing signs that he obviously likes me.. he's not bad looking, as a matter of fact, pretty cute and i've given some thoughts of dating... but the fact that he's like half an inch shorter just holds me back. sorry guys, i tried. i'm just that shallow

i think i just like the fact of feeling 'protected' with a taller guy... i'd question who's protecting who if i was the taller one. and i'm not even that tall (5'6) so if a guy is shorter than that...

so yeah, my ideal height for a guy would be about 5'9 and up, just so he can spare some inches if i wear heels

Well, everyone has his/her own preferences but I do think it's very shallow to reject a great guy like that just because he has a tiny flaw, something beyond his control. Great guy like that is very scarce these days. My advice to you is go for it.

^ to kay, his height is not a tiny flaw, it's obviously a deal breaker for her.
    I like me.

In high school, there was this one girl probably around your height who dated a guy around 5 inches shorter than she was. I thought it was pretty weird. I'm pretty short so any guy that is shorter than I would look like in a 4th grader. I can't go for someone who is my height or shorter and younger than I am. It's just weird to me.
    Less Than Perfect

The height problem: I won't think it's shallow, because such preferences can feel like a phobia; something that makes you feel uncomfortable and cannot compromise to get over it.

Personally, it's not such a major problem to me, so that doesn't top my list (still trying to find at no. # would that be on my list). The personal preference that tops my list would be wit and humour - people who can bring the Mickey out of intense situation - wit & humour usually comes in a package. Blunt humour works for me too!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

i don't think i've met a girl that would actually date a guy shorter than them... lol. at LEAST the same height, unless he has MAJOR swag.
    oh well, there's girls for short guys.. that's shortER girls
    Just because you haven't met them does not mean there aren't any. I've seen plenty- heck, even with celebrities. Think Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel.

As for me, I'm 5' 10 and I never have any issues with a girl's height. I've dated girls whom were shorter and taller than I am ranging from 5' 3 to 5' 11 and both of us were fine with it. It really comes down to how comfortable you are with yourself and with others. When a hottie with qualities that I like comes along, it doesn't matter much to me what her height is.
    What you seek is seeking you. Believing is Seeing. Anything is possible if only if you could believe it!

Hermetic Law of Attraction