Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heroine of the Yangs I-II

I have always liked Gilbert since The Good Old Days and had been dying for him and Amy to pair up! I would most probably like Chung Bo more if Gilbert played him because IMO (I am going toget killed for this) Vincent cries way too much in HOTY. I know his role is a softie but he is still a general in war. He cries and cries and cries. I think crying is not the only way to express sadness or disappointment. Gilbert would probabaly cry less if he took Chung Bo's role because he was not trained like the Taiwanese artistes who cry bucketloads at the click of a finger.

Vincent actually looks very good and sexy as a villian. His acting is superb and will handle Yelut Ho Nam easily. I think anyone who took on Yelut Ho Nam's role will be likeable because the role is just so sympathetic and cool. Gilbert just added the extra bits and made the role his. Gilbert has a natural air of arrogance around him that Vincent does not.

Anyway, all four leads are good friends with each other and even if we breakup and mismatch the couples, they don't look too bad. But would be very unhappy if that happened because Gilbert and Annie would not have a single series where they are paid up! (Soft-rice Ben and Siu Kan does not count! )
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I have always liked Gilbert since The Good Old Days and had been dying for him and Amy to pair up! I would most probably like Chung Bo more if Gilbert played him because IMO (I am going toget killed for this) Vincent cries way too much in HOTY. I know his role is a softie but he is still a general in war. He cries and cries and cries. I think crying is not the only way to express sadness or disappointment. Gilbert would probabaly cry less if he took Chung Bo's role because he was not trained like the Taiwanese artistes who cry bucketloads at the click of a finger.

Vincent actually looks very good and sexy as a villian. His acting is superb and will handle Yelut Ho Nam easily. I think anyone who took on Yelut Ho Nam's role will be likeable because the role is just so sympathetic and cool. Gilbert just added the extra bits and made the role his. Gilbert has a natural air of arrogance around him that Vincent does not.

Anyway, all four leads are good friends with each other and even if we breakup and mismatch the couples, they don't look too bad. But would be very unhappy if that happened because Gilbert and Annie would not have a single series where they are paid up! (Soft-rice Ben and Siu Kan does not count! )
    Oh really, wow, actually i watched 'The Good Old Days' after Heroine of the Yangs, i only give that show a go 'because 1) Gilbert Lam and 2) ALOT of fans say it was a good drama, and I DONT deny it - because the story was GOOD too - I DO love Gilbert's role in there too.. Im not so sure what i think of Amy and Gilbert being a pair 'since im a STRONG supporter for Annie and Gilbert that is' (Maybe the role of Paifung and Honam left a deep impact on me hehe)

Actually i agree with you on one thing, I guess anyone who played the role 'Yelut Honam' will be LUCKY because they will attract alot of fans, and i dont deny it, the reason i come to liking 'Gilbert Lam' is through his role as Yelut Honam - so Adios to him on doing a good job on that role (his great acting/performance) did give this role some extra points - so yea. But IF vincent took on the role instead, i might end up being a Vincent fan rather than a Gilbert Fan hahah - but lets just be happy that it did not come to that *My opinion* (Gilbert should get more leading roles... from TVB - so he can be more well recognised, like when he played in Heroine of the Yangs, and The Good Old Days!)

But Melanie's story WAS Great!! I really love her 'ideas' - NOW if that was to be turn into a Drama - Trust me, i will by all means, get that drama at any cost!!! hahhaha - Maybe even buying it online 'under one condition, only if the casts are exactly the same as what Melanie have selected in her story) 'Gilbert being the main lead and Kyah!!! a pair with Annie again!!" Yik Lun and Sui Han ^^ (Aww such great wuxia drama - my fav pair again)
    Last edited by KikoTsukino; 08-13-11 at 07:32 AM.
    My TOP HOTY MV Contribution - (1) HOTY Love Comparison (2)[今生情不变] Honam&Paifung (3)Reminiscense - Honam/Paifung [Pls visit my 'Heroine of the Yangs site - here]

Quote Originally Posted by KikoTsukino View Post
    But Melanie's story WAS Great!! I really love her 'ideas' - NOW if that was to be turn into a Drama - Trust me, i will by all means, get that drama at any cost!!! hahhaha - Maybe even buying it online 'under one condition, only if the casts are exactly the same as what Melanie have selected in her story) 'Gilbert being the main lead and Kyah!!! a pair with Annie again!!" Yik Lun and Sui Han ^^ (Aww such great wuxia drama - my fav pair again)
    Shhhhh. Only a week ago, i was trying to convince Mel to have Siu Han flash Yik Lun in a fight! Shhhh!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I'm sorry, KikoTsukino. But your post about Gilbert and Vincent swapping roles had me going like this: It seems like you were going back and forth saying the same thing. I couldn't follow your line of thinking because when I read it it felt like turning in circles in a chair. Please don't be mad, I'm just used to a more organized flow of thought and when you go back and forth, I get confused.

I agree with Charbydis. Vincent Jiao can handle the villain/semi-villain roles pretty well. I think if Vincent is very capable to take on the role of Yelut (Lau) HoNam well enough to make his own Ho Nam. I've seen him act as the gentleman villian type before. I have no doubt in my mind that he could do this and carry it out convincingly.

I've seen the Good Old Days and just gave up on it because Steve Ma Jing Tao was just ugh! He disppeared for a good portion of the series and while during that time Gilbert and Amy could've developed something great if they were the married couple. Steve should've married someone else instead of Amy. I don't care for him at all.

HOTY II changed a lot of the main four characters. Kwai-Ying wasn't as reckless and didn't do the things she used to do in the 1st series. She doesn't practice the skills her sifu taught her as much anymore. It's like being married into the Yang Family has changed her. Being a mom has changed her too.

I wished they got the actor who played Yeung Man Kwong in Heroic Legend of the Yang Family and The Great General to play the same role in HOTYII instead of getting Crystal Tin to play the role. The actor could've easily played a sixteen year old young man. He's a pretty talented actor himself. I saw him in ATV's Justice Pao (1995) and he played at least 2 or 3 different roles in different cases and he was quite convincing, I believe he can play a younger teenage boy fine.

Ah, I swear sometimes I re-watched HOTY just for the Pai Fung and Ho Nam scenes more than I watch the whole series, so when I do watch it all the way through it seem so new. I am more familiar with the PF and HN scenes.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Default Yang Pai Fong

Pai Fong was taken in by the Yang matriarch after her family was killed. She said she was taken in and was seen like a member of the Yang family. I just have a few questions.

1. If she's seen like part of the Yang family, how come she didn't receive the education like what Ba Mei and Jiu Mei would receive? How is it that she has little education, but is seen as part of the family at the same time? She told the emperor she's a girl with little education, but she told Ho Nam that she's like a daughter or family member to the Yang matriarch. Kind of contradicting.

2. You don't treat your family member as personal handmaids and give them shabby clothing to wear while Yang Ba Mei and Yang Jiu Mei is wearing fancier xiaojie clothes. Plus, she should be allowed to have clothes with better fabric since she is a personal maid of the matriarch and cooks in the kitchen. She should dress a bit better than the other maids.

3. Was her surname Yang before or after she was taken in by the Yang family? Meaning did she have an original surname as Yang or was it changed to Yang when she was taken in by the family?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Pai Fong was taken in by the Yang matriarch after her family was killed. She said she was taken in and was seen like a member of the Yang family. I just have a few questions.

1. If she's seen like part of the Yang family, how come she didn't receive the education like what Ba Mei and Jiu Mei would receive? How is it that she has little education, but is seen as part of the family at the same time? She told the emperor she's a girl with little education, but she told Ho Nam that she's like a daughter or family member to the Yang matriarch. Kind of contradicting.
    Perhaps she meant they loved her like one of the family members, but not necessarily provide her w/ all the benefits and privileges of a real daughter of the Yang

2. You don't treat your family member as personal handmaids and give them shabby clothing to wear while Yang Ba Mei and Yang Jiu Mei is wearing fancier xiaojie clothes. Plus, she should be allowed to have clothes with better fabric since she is a personal maid of the matriarch and cooks in the kitchen. She should dress a bit better than the other maids.
    lol, i think the ATV make-up artists and costume designers are more to blame here

3. Was her surname Yang before or after she was taken in by the Yang family? Meaning did she have an original surname as Yang or was it changed to Yang when she was taken in by the family?
    Most likely her surname was previously something else, but when she was taken in by the Yang's, it was changed. In that day and age, it's fairly common for people who work for a rich family to adopt a new surname to indicate that they belong to the family and their loyalty now lies with the family. If you ever watched TVB's "legendary four aces," when Nick "sold himself" to be close to Esther, they gave him a new name.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

I'm sorry, KikoTsukino. But your post about Gilbert and Vincent swapping roles had me going like this: It seems like you were going back and forth saying the same thing. I couldn't follow your line of thinking because when I read it it felt like turning in circles in a chair. Please don't be mad, I'm just used to a more organized flow of thought and when you go back and forth, I get confused.

I agree with Charbydis. Vincent Jiao can handle the villain/semi-villain roles pretty well. I think if Vincent is very capable to take on the role of Yelut (Lau) HoNam well enough to make his own Ho Nam. I've seen him act as the gentleman villian type before. I have no doubt in my mind that he could do this and carry it out convincingly.

I've seen the Good Old Days and just gave up on it because Steve Ma Jing Tao was just ugh! He disppeared for a good portion of the series and while during that time Gilbert and Amy could've developed something great if they were the married couple. Steve should've married someone else instead of Amy. I don't care for him at all.

HOTY II changed a lot of the main four characters. Kwai-Ying wasn't as reckless and didn't do the things she used to do in the 1st series. She doesn't practice the skills her sifu taught her as much anymore. It's like being married into the Yang Family has changed her. Being a mom has changed her too.

I wished they got the actor who played Yeung Man Kwong in Heroic Legend of the Yang Family and The Great General to play the same role in HOTYII instead of getting Crystal Tin to play the role. The actor could've easily played a sixteen year old young man. He's a pretty talented actor himself. I saw him in ATV's Justice Pao (1995) and he played at least 2 or 3 different roles in different cases and he was quite convincing, I believe he can play a younger teenage boy fine.

Ah, I swear sometimes I re-watched HOTY just for the Pai Fung and Ho Nam scenes more than I watch the whole series, so when I do watch it all the way through it seem so new. I am more familiar with the PF and HN scenes.
    Well, it can get confusing.. sorry to confuse you though. But to make it brief - IT was only the character 'Yelut Honam' that i love.. So IF Vincent happen to get that role instead of Gilbert, i will end up being a Vincent Fan instead of Gilbert fan. But in the end, i was happy it did not come to that - because if the roles were actually swapped, then till today - Gilbert will just be a normal actor to me (nothing special) Hope it makes sense now
    My TOP HOTY MV Contribution - (1) HOTY Love Comparison (2)[今生情不变] Honam&Paifung (3)Reminiscense - Honam/Paifung [Pls visit my 'Heroine of the Yangs site - here]

I think the Yeung family treated her very nice, but it was not until Part II that she was officially adopted by Tai Kwun as a daughter. She was a maid for the first half of her life and was treated as one, even though the whole family was nice to her. This is obvious by the feelings of inferiority where she starts saying, "I am only a maid yet you treat me so well." I don't think Pai Fung was uneducated but she prefered to be noisy and active as her personality. She told the Emperor that she was uneducated and uncouth to make him uninterested in her. She told Ho Nam that she was treated like a daughter, but i feel she meant in terms of concern for her by the family members but not status. The Yeung's must have taken in heaps of orphans and Pai Fung was only one of them.

So in conclusion, she was a well-treated maid, but nevertheless a maid until HOTY II.

I think she started off in the kitchen, then moved to be the personal maid of Tai Kwun. Pai Fung's clothes are not that bad. I just think the Yeung's were poor because only Chung Bo and Gwai Ying have different sets of clothes. Pai Fung changed into a few different ones whereas Bat Mui and Gau Mui had the same pink and blue dress until they stole some Liao costume at the end. Tai Kwun, 6th Long and Princess Chai all has one set of clothes apart from military armour. I guess ATV spent all their money on costumes for Big Bird so lots of budget cuts?

I think she had a different surname and took on the Yeung surname when she was taken in. As Mystic Dust has pointed out, servants are given a new name when they belong to a household. But pretty sure that she was born as Pai Fung because in the flashback to where she was 2, her parents call her Pai Fung. Another theory is that her original family is surnamed Yeung and under the Yeung Family Army's command while they served under the Northern Han Dynasty.
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Well, Song Zhenzong (the one in Justice Bao) was one of the best emperors of the Song Dynasty. he was decisive, determined and had a good judgment of people to use. His son Song Renzong (the one in HOTY) was weak, indecisive and as pacifist and is actually scared of war. Song Emperors are just bad. There are known for their weakness to surrounding foreign powers and content to secure borders by tributes/bribes rather than with miltary prowess. The Yeung family thrived under Song Zhenzong who encouraged war to strengthen his country while they suffered under Song Renzong who wanted peace without war.
    This explains so much. I always wondered why the king from the Justice Bao series was a lot more likable than the douche bag in the ATV series regarding the Yeung Family.

It just makes one question the whole monarchy setup. A good ruler does not always have sons that are fit to rule.

I told Kiko this already. I had always imagained what it would be like if the Emperor insisted on marrying Pai Fung and she agreed out of pressure or as repayment to the Yeungs. And then Ho Nam gatecrashed the wedding!

HOTY is historically inaccurate. Zhenzong was supposed to be Emperor when they attacked the Khitans and Renzong was the ruler when hthey attacked XiXia. HOTY made it one person probably to make him look bad and the Yeung's more righteous and loyal.
    Cyril Connolly

A pissed off Ho Nam coming to reclaim his lover would be totally awesome to see

I like people interrupting weddings in TV. It isi really cool. Don't like the eloping last minute at the altar stuff but pissed off/dejected lovers interrupting the "I do!" is a climax! Remember how Hui Man Keung gatecrashed Fung Ching Chimg's wedding? He did npthing but stare and cry but boy was that effective!

Now imagine if it was pissed off Ho Nam in a super violent mood! Pai Fung may still reject him but a few noses are guaranteed to be broken. See what happened to Gwai Ying's wedding!
    Cyril Connolly

Currently watching "Secret Battle of the Majesty". I just realised that the same pond that Gung Wai Ge Ge (Annie) and Man Kwok (Kent) fell into is the exact same pond that Ho Nam and Pai Fung fell into down the cliff.

Am going to watch other ATV dramas produced around the same time and see if this pond reappears.
    Cyril Connolly

It's so quiet in here. Where is everyone?
    Anyway, I'd like to share a MV I just made for Hou Nam and Pai Fung with you guys because I know many of you love this couple. ^^ Melanie, are you still here? I used to talk to you in the old HOTY forums many years ago and promised if I were to make a MV then I'd inform you. Hopefully you're still a Hou Nam & Pai Fung fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnH-zcRGqcE

I'm rewatching this series at the moment and my love for Hou Nam and Pai Fung just got revived again. They seriously look awesome together and I love every scene that they're in. <3 I wish they had more scenes together in Part 1 though. Those parts were the best! haha

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Chibiaya View Post
    It's so quiet in here. Where is everyone?
    Anyway, I'd like to share a MV I just made for Hou Nam and Pai Fung with you guys because I know many of you love this couple. ^^ Melanie, are you still here? I used to talk to you in the old HOTY forums many years ago and promised if I were to make a MV then I'd inform you. Hopefully you're still a Hou Nam & Pai Fung fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnH-zcRGqcE

I'm rewatching this series at the moment and my love for Hou Nam and Pai Fung just got revived again. They seriously look awesome together and I love every scene that they're in. <3 I wish they had more scenes together in Part 1 though. Those parts were the best! haha
    Oh, your MV brings back such wonderful memories, Chibiaya! I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I don't remember discussing Honam and Paifong with you. Which old HOTY forums are you referring to? It seems like ages ago now. Ah, I remember how crazy I was about Paifong and Honam that I started a fanfic starring Annie and Gilbert. Nowadays, I'm more of a Wallace Chung fan, and against my better judgement, have started writing another story (prequel to the one with Annie and Gilbert) starring Wallace Chung. Now I have too many stories and too little time to write. How have you been? Which actors have you moved on to since the Annie/Paifong and Gilbert/Honam craze?

Yup, I thought their scenes in part 1 were the best, too! Honam was so suave and dashing and EVIL. Somehow, his evilness made him infinitely more attractive and made his love for Paifong so much more romantic. Bad boys just simply are my type in stories. I was a bit disappointed by Honam in part 2. Sure, he was a sweeter and nicer man many years later, but because of that, he lost his magnetic appeal and became a bit boring. Plus, his bad costumes and hairdo did not help.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I was a bit disappointed by Honam in part 2. Sure, he was a sweeter and nicer man many years later, but because of that, he lost his magnetic appeal and became a bit boring. Plus, his bad costumes and hairdo did not help.
    I actually found his acts of redemption in Part II quite touching. Without the later Ho Nam, I feel that the character of Yelu Ho Nam is incomplete. His evolution from innocence (kid being pushed off stage), to struggling between good and evil, to being evil, and then good completes the cycle. Ho Nam's priorities changes between Part 1 & Part 2 but he is still essentially the same guy (just see how he talks to Lee Yuen Ho) after he recovered his memories, however his amended values changed his actions.

Even though he was was much milder in Part 2, he was still hell a lot more interesting that any other character in Part II. I wouldn't have finished it if not for Ho Nam and Pai Fung.
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Oh, your MV brings back such wonderful memories, Chibiaya! I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I don't remember discussing Honam and Paifong with you. Which old HOTY forums are you referring to? It seems like ages ago now. Ah, I remember how crazy I was about Paifong and Honam that I started a fanfic starring Annie and Gilbert. Nowadays, I'm more of a Wallace Chung fan, and against my better judgement, have started writing another story (prequel to the one with Annie and Gilbert) starring Wallace Chung. Now I have too many stories and too little time to write. How have you been? Which actors have you moved on to since the Annie/Paifong and Gilbert/Honam craze?

Yup, I thought their scenes in part 1 were the best, too! Honam was so suave and dashing and EVIL. Somehow, his evilness made him infinitely more attractive and made his love for Paifong so much more romantic. Bad boys just simply are my type in stories. I was a bit disappointed by Honam in part 2. Sure, he was a sweeter and nicer man many years later, but because of that, he lost his magnetic appeal and became a bit boring. Plus, his bad costumes and hairdo did not help.
    Haha Don't worry. It was like ageees ago... some time in 2005 or 2006? I don't remember exactly anymore but at that time I used another name and also I only posted a few times but you were the one I remembered the most coz you really showed your NamFung love in those forums. It seems like you've moved on? Just hope your love for Honam and Paifung is still there. ^^ I've moved on to Hu Ge and Ariel haha My YouTube account has mostly Hu Ge related videos xD But I will try to release more videos related to Honam and Paifung in the near future.

I just finished watching part 2 of HOTY today and I'm totally in loooove with this couple again!! I agree with you that Honam was super cool and handsome in part 1 but I do love him as Ah Ngau as well. He was super sweet to Paifung all the time and I enjoyed seeing their sweet scenes together. My sister kept saying he was so different compared to Honam in part 1 coz she couldn't imagine Honam doing or saying some of the things Ah Ngau did. I'm glad they had a happy ending in the end. Otherwise another of my favorite couple would have had a sad ending again. Many of my favorite couples have sad endings... Cos I always end up liking the couple where the bad guy falls in love with a good/righteous girl so 99% of the time they have a tragic ending. ^^'

What happened to the old thread I created?

I'm rewatching the parts when Yang Pai Fong and Yelut (Lau) Ho Nam met. Pai Fong is one brave girl, she confess her love first to Honam in the cave. He felt love for her too, but wasn't sure how she felt for him and plus, he was too proud to admit he liked her.

I swear, I'm rewatching the scenes and I can definitely say they both kissed at least twice in that episode. Once after she had confessed in the cave, he then holds his hand out to touch her face and she hugs him. Then he kisses her, but then think how they are from different worlds and it's impossible to have a future with her, so he pushes her away after one kiss. Then runs out and she follows in the rain. He tells her how impossible it is because they're from two different worlds and he can't let go of his revenge for his country and his plan to bring back Northern Han. She said she'd wait for him to become the Honam in her heart and she will keep waiting. She asks him for a chance, and he nods. She comes into his embrace and in the rain they kissed another time onscreen. Next, she is found asleep in the cave with the royal jade piece that all Lau royal members have.

On another note, if she had followed him and they had regained the Han dynasty, she'd be his Empress. Woohoo~! That's what he wanted, but she didn't really care for wealth. But anyway, Honam totally changed because of her and even became a stalker to see she goes home okay.
    I believe you! Some fans in mainland China can confirm what you have described! There were more scenes about Hounam and Paifung being cut by CCTV when this TV was introduced to mainland China.

Default Hounam & Baifong in my heart

I love bro Gilbert & sis Annie at first time watching HOY, this love has never ended throughout the pass 10 years. Also I've been wondering if i love bro Gilbert or his role Ye Lut Haonam, and now could definitely confirm that love him because of his super acting as YLHN. I am not deny that the role of YLHN itself is attractive and challenging for any actor who has chance to play, and our Gilbert is the luckiest one.

However, as some discussion above, if switching role between bro Gil and Vin, I will 1000% argue on the idea that Vincent will draw up an impressive YLHN like Gilbert bro. It’s impossible since the beauty of them is different as well as the charismatic acting skill. Both of them are one of the most handsome actors in ancient costume, but to be honest, I love the beauty of bro Gil than Vin
    I saw some ancient series of Vin bro, he’s handsome and has good acting skill, however, I am not impress with his roles after watching, maybe because of the script, but I have a feeling that his way of acting is more outward (hard to describe, but something like he normally uses his whole outside face to play the role, hence even he did a good job with a role that has pitiful fate, I still could not give my full empathic toward the role of him, easily to forget).

In contrast, Gilbert’s acting way is more introverted, even he plays good/bad or comedy role. I believe the secret weapon of him is his eyes, which make audiences keep thinking about his roles and this skill is hard to find from other actors, you could easily recognize throughout 2 series of HOY (even he’s YLHN or Cheung Ngau) and in other series as well. So for me, he’s an outstanding and best fit for YLHN role which requires a deeply inner acting. Then, together with a super ancient beauty (handsome face + sexy body + fitted ancient outfits & hair), we’ve been killed at first for a flawless YLHN in part 1 with an signature smirk – intelligent, arrogant, master in pen & sword, cold-blooded in war & soft-hearted in love. How perfect of a man we could wait for

(sorry to fan of Vin bro, some scenes of only these 2 men, I see Gilber bro is a bit more handsome/cool than Vin bro )

Anyway tks God that this is just “IF”, and Gilbert bro & Annie sis is my idol ever, without replacement thus far. Do hope they will pair up happily in another serie, but .. more than 10 years already

Quote Originally Posted by pippoinzaghi View Post
    I love bro Gilbert & sis Annie at first time watching HOY, this love has never ended throughout the pass 10 years. Also I've been wondering if i love bro Gilbert or his role Ye Lut Haonam, and now could definitely confirm that love him because of his super acting as YLHN. I am not deny that the role of YLHN itself is attractive and challenging for any actor who has chance to play, and our Gilbert is the luckiest one.

However, as some discussion above, if switching role between bro Gil and Vin, I will 1000% argue on the idea that Vincent will draw up an impressive YLHN like Gilbert bro. It’s impossible since the beauty of them is different as well as the charismatic acting skill. Both of them are one of the most handsome actors in ancient costume, but to be honest, I love the beauty of bro Gil than Vin
    I saw some ancient series of Vin bro, he’s handsome and has good acting skill, however, I am not impress with his roles after watching, maybe because of the script, but I have a feeling that his way of acting is more outward (hard to describe, but something like he normally uses his whole outside face to play the role, hence even he did a good job with a role that has pitiful fate, I still could not give my full empathic toward the role of him, easily to forget).

In contrast, Gilbert’s acting way is more introverted, even he plays good/bad or comedy role. I believe the secret weapon of him is his eyes, which make audiences keep thinking about his roles and this skill is hard to find from other actors, you could easily recognize throughout 2 series of HOY (even he’s YLHN or Cheung Ngau) and in other series as well. So for me, he’s an outstanding and best fit for YLHN role which requires a deeply inner acting. Then, together with a super ancient beauty (handsome face + sexy body + fitted ancient outfits & hair), we’ve been killed at first for a flawless YLHN in part 1 with an signature smirk – intelligent, arrogant, master in pen & sword, cold-blooded in war & soft-hearted in love. How perfect of a man we could wait for

(sorry to fan of Vin bro, some scenes of only these 2 men, I see Gilber bro is a bit more handsome/cool than Vin bro )

Anyway tks God that this is just “IF”, and Gilbert bro & Annie sis is my idol ever, without replacement thus far. Do hope they will pair up happily in another serie, but .. more than 10 years already
    When Annie has retired since getting married and having a little girl. Gilbert has finally left ATV and the series he made has still not aired after 2 years so I am too! But sadly, the chances of the two pairing up together in a series is quite minimal.

I too think that Gilbert does well in subtle roles and he makes good use of his eye and body expression. But poor Vincent was probably have trouble understanding the script as he doesn't understand Cantonese so his acting id distracted. His acting is normally quite good.
    Cyril Connolly