Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: What series are you currently watching?

jus finished watching armed reaction 4 and seed of hope. about to start watching the one with adam cheng... n also watching virtues of harmony II.
    the problem with this world is that everybody is a few drinks behind.

Currently following Take My Word For It, enjoying it so far. Hope to catch Golden Faith soon.
    玉木宏

blog

Justice Bao, 1993, Taiwan, Kenny Ho, 241 episodes (I hope to see all of them by 10 years from now).

Nothing, the recent TVB series suck! *sigh*
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Just Finished
    *Mission of the Warriors - Like I've mentioned before; re-watching shows too many faults, but I still enjoyed watchign it. Get a 3 out of 5 stars.

*Endless Love - Could have been much better.....Lol, but then Won Bin is in there so can't give it too low of a score. Hmm...2.5 out of 5 stars

*Light of Million Hopes 2 (Series completely over, supposedly) -This series is like one of ATV's best productions in my opinion!!! Diffinately deserves a 4 out of 5 stars

*Taiji Prodijy - Eh I totally did not like this serie at all really. There were only few parts I enjoyed and watching the casts, but storyline was a bore to me. 2 stars out of 5.

Currently Watching
    *Drunk Kung Fu Master - Zhao Wen Zhou looks so young in this series!!!!! Not big fan of Kristy so no comment. So far so good

*Virtues of Harmony 2 - Cutie's getting more focus!! YAY

*Hero - Just began on it, but Eric Huang is in here!!! Haven't seen him in sooooo long!!!!!

*Miss Mermaid - Only seen up to tape 10 of the first part. Don't know if I'll continue.

*Not Just a Pretty Face - Hehe, Roger
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

To goddessofhonour, I agree with you about Taiji Prodijy. Gosh was the series bad. I think it totally destroyed Zhang San Feng's character and disrespected the real historical figure. I saw it on TV and didn't like it at all. I think that most people are only watching it for the cast and not for the quality of the series itself. I would give it about a 1.5 or 2 out of 5 stars too.

I am watching any series right now due to school.... I can only watch series during vacation time.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Yup, your right Trinie. Taiji Prodijy really didn't follow any of the facts and it was created mostly just for laughs. I enjoy comedys, but I just did not like this at all. I was actually looking forward to learning more on Zhang San Feng and all that. Eh, even though this is supposed to show him in his teens, I really don't think he was all that mischeif. Oh, totally did not like how they protrayed the character of Zhang Cui Shan. Seemed like he was too love sick and all
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hi goddessofhonour! Glad to see that you agree with me. I really didn't like how they degraded Zhang San Feng's character. What's up with Zhang Sui Shan too?? Isn't he supposed to be alot younger than Zhang San Feng?? This series just didn't make sense at all. What is up with making Zhang San Feng lose his memory?? My mom really mad when I told her about it since she didn't really watch it. Zhang San Feng was not that mischievious at all.He rarely left Wu tang after he became the founder....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Hey Trinie Seeing you around a lot lately, hehe. I know!!! What is with having Zhang San Feng being so much in the same age area as his students? Lol, and I think at the beginning Dicky's Zhang San Feng was really old looking and supposed to be 100 and something, but his students all seemed in their 40's I guess this version needed to bring in his students to make a storyline of something to talk about. Eh, I hated the character of Zhang Cui Shan in here!!!! Espically his little story with Han To To. Actually they didn't have all that much of a story in here. Just got like fifteen minutes then fell in love
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hi goddessofhonour, I am actually being a bad girl.. I have lots of school work to do but am sneaking on... I need to get off soon. Did you see all of that series?? I saw parts of it here and there on TV in Cantonese and didn't like it at all. I would have seen it all if I liked it but it got so boring and senseless. what other series are you watching now?? I am not going to be watching anything until X'mas vacation since I am busy with school now.

Stuck in a place between Heaven and Hell!

Just finished - "Wu Mei Niang"

Currently Watching:

- Four Detective Guard

- Book & Sword 02

- Young Scholar Tang Bo Hu

- The Rose

- Love Letters
    Cheers!!!!!!

Originally posted by Trinie
    To goddessofhonour, I agree with you about Taiji Prodijy. Gosh was the series bad. I think it totally destroyed Zhang San Feng's character and disrespected the real historical figure. I saw it on TV and didn't like it at all. I think that most people are only watching it for the cast and not for the quality of the series itself. I would give it about a 1.5 or 2 out of 5 stars too.

I am watching any series right now due to school.... I can only watch series during vacation time.
    Really? It wasn't good? I always wanted to watch it! Cuz it has Ruby.....who else is in it?
    Huang Yi Forever

My Fanfics:
    http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/H_Z_G_G_3[Completed]
    http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/Lovefate [Completed]
    http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/Desires [Processing]

TO Lilgirl, Zhang San Feng is a bad series. Also if you are only watching it for Ruby, than you should really skip it since Ruby is not in it much. She only a guest star and only appears at the beginning and towards the end, that's it.

Other stars in it are Dicky Cheung, Li Bing Bing, Tae, Alec Su(his character is funny but not necessary in this series), Rebecca Wang, Li Xiao Lu and others. I like the cast overall but the story is really stupid... I think most people are just watching it for the cast more than anything....
    Last edited by Trinie; 11-20-03 at 01:20 AM.

Taiji wasnt that bad. If you take away the characters of Rebecca and Rebecca's husband the series turns out to be much better. LOL Yes the story sucked and didnt stick to the novels at all. The history all messed up and Dicky didnt end up with LBB. But it still a series worth watching. Alhtough i was really depressed at the ending even though I knew Dicky couldnt end up with anyone. And I agree, the way they told the story disrepected the real character. He could forgive everyone but not his most loved and left her for last. It got teary at the end but still good. I say 3.5-4 stars cause of Ruby, Alec, Dicky, and Li Bing Bing.
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

Originally posted by Trinie
    Hi goddessofhonour, I am actually being a bad girl.. I have lots of school work to do but am sneaking on... I need to get off soon. Did you see all of that series?? I saw parts of it here and there on TV in Cantonese and didn't like it at all. I would have seen it all if I liked it but it got so boring and senseless. what other series are you watching now?? I am not going to be watching anything until X'mas vacation since I am busy with school now.
    Hey Trinie :wave;
    Shame shame shame!!! Lol, but then again spcnet is quite addicting!!! Either way get back to work now. Eh, I shouldn't be talking though; I came on to find some information on homework, but the next thing I know, I'm here.

At first I only caught glimps of this and that while my dad was watching since I sorta put it aside. Then afterwards I started over fromt eh beginnng and watched it till the end. Then again I was fast forwarding through A LOT of the series so does that still count as watching the whole thing?

Wow, don't watch any series unless there isn't much schoolwork? Lol, I have to have serise 24/7 or I'll go wack!!! Right now I'm basically watching the same thing I mentioned before. Drunk Kung Fu Master, MVOH, Not Just a Pretty Face, and Hero. I'm planning on re-renting a few series and all later on though.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Just started to watch TVB "Anti-Crime Squad" series. It's just a few years old, but looked so current. Maggie Siu is so cute in this series along with Benny Chan.

I'm also currently watching "Find the Light" starring Ron Ng, Damian & Maggie Siu. Almost done with this series and it's a pretty good series.

Hi Goddessofhonour, Yea I am being bad. I have to be a good girl or I won't get in to my grad program.. What grade are you in now? Yea, always remember school usually comes first.

I didn't see all of Taiji Prodigy either but I already realized how bad it is, so why waste time watching it all??Most people only like it because of the cast, that's it...

Yea, once you get to college or an even higher level(which is where I am now), you no longer have time for series. You only have time for them during vacation and that's it. I am fine with that since school is really important. How is Drunken Kung fu master so far? I plan to see that during my X'mas break. In the meantime, enjoy the series and good luck in school!!

Hey Trinie
    Yeah, I guess school is the most important thing. You can always watch as much series as you want after your done with school and all. Then again there's work to worry about, hehe Hehehe, Goddess is only a freshman in HS. I guess I don't know the real difficulties of school yet. *really hope there isn't real difficulties though*

Yeah, the cast in this series was really strong or popular in otherwords. And who wouldn't like it with the comedy Dicky was putting in? I rented it in the first place for the cast also, but storyline stunk. I didn't like the costume for some of the girls. Like Li Bing Bing and Jacquelin Ly. Not too for their costume and hairstyles.....

So far so good. I'm actually quite behind the seires. Don't know why I'm getting so behind seris these days!!! Lol, oh yeah schoolwork. I guess now that I'm in HS it is getting a little harder trying to find time to fit in seires and all. Anyways, the series so far is good. I sorta lowered the score down a bit because of Kristy. I don't like her for some reason

Wow, during X-mas break? Is it pretty close to that yet? This week is Thanksgiving and I get five days off so running to re-rent some series. Don't know what to watch though!!! Or maybe I'll just catch up on things. Good luck to you in school too Trinie!!! I'm sure your grade is really high though so don't work too hard!!! Enjoy yourself at times with things you like to do!!

Elite, saw Anti-Crime Squad a long time ago and also just recently when I re-rented it. I love the series. Hehe, mainly because Benny Chan is in there, but after watching it again I really liked the others. Espically Wayne and Louisa!! They are hilarious Enjoy the series!!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hi goddessofhonour, Glad to see you here again. I am sneaking on again since I got sick of writing my paper. I have been working on it all weekend. I had feeling you are really young. I was a freshman in HS back in 1993. I know that I am ancient... School does get harder and harder, but I am sure if you work hard, you can make it. I did, so can you.

We have 3-4 more weeks before X'mas break. Next week is Thanksgiving for us but I still have school work to do. I always use my breaks to do my school work or else I can never have enough time to finish it. Yea, I am at a really high level in terms of education so I have to focus. Thanks for your encouragement. Even though school is important, we have to take some time to relax too or else I would burn out...

You don't like Kristy? I like her and so does my mom. She can't wait to see Vincent, Max and Kristy in that series. Is Anti Crime Squad a modern series?? I don't really watch modern series at all since I don't like them.

I am surprised that people actually like Taiji Prodigy. But yea it is because of the cast, that's it.... See you and good luck in school! I gotta get back to my boring school work...

Hey there Trinie
    Lol, "sneaking" on? Hehe, but I know what you mean. I had just finished up with an eassy about a few hours ago and then finally got onto spcnet. I was working day and night on that essay and now its done, thank goodness!!! Oh, you've got a type of paper to write too huh?

Hehehe, a feeling huh? Sixth sense right? Lol, your not ancient!!!! I was guessing you were somewhere along that age, actually a little younger. hehe, its just that sometimes your comments make you sound playful and sorta mischief you know? lol.

Lol, I guess we have about the same calander then. I don't get too much work so usually I can get it all finished up in one day and spend the rest of the time relaxing. Yup, remember; all work and no play makes you crabby. So go relaxe and enjoy yourself when you can!!!!

Yeah, I'm not fond of her for some reason. Its just unexplainable. I've got a few other stars I don't like for some reason too and Kristy just happens to be one of them. Maybe I'll like her one day Yup Anti-Crime Squad is a modern seires. I think it was like released out in 99? Or somewhere around there. I usually watch everything My series standards are quite low and I actually enjoy everything I see. (Guess now Taiji Prodigy, hehe)

Okay then, back to work for you!!!! Talk with you again later. Bye now and remember to take care of yourself
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.