Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: What series are you currently watching?

Originally posted by goddessofhonour
    Just Finished
    *Mission of the Warriors - Like I've mentioned before; re-watching shows too many faults, but I still enjoyed watchign it. Get a 3 out of 5 stars.

*Endless Love - Could have been much better.....Lol, but then Won Bin is in there so can't give it too low of a score. Hmm...2.5 out of 5 stars

*Light of Million Hopes 2 (Series completely over, supposedly) -This series is like one of ATV's best productions in my opinion!!! Diffinately deserves a 4 out of 5 stars

*Taiji Prodijy - Eh I totally did not like this serie at all really. There were only few parts I enjoyed and watching the casts, but storyline was a bore to me. 2 stars out of 5.

Currently Watching
    *Drunk Kung Fu Master - Zhao Wen Zhou looks so young in this series!!!!! Not big fan of Kristy so no comment. So far so good

*Virtues of Harmony 2 - Cutie's getting more focus!! YAY

*Hero - Just began on it, but Eric Huang is in here!!! Haven't seen him in sooooo long!!!!!

*Miss Mermaid - Only seen up to tape 10 of the first part. Don't know if I'll continue.

*Not Just a Pretty Face - Hehe, Roger

Goddess,
    How do you manage to watch all the above drama tv series at the same time?
    I believe some of them are many tapes long.
    How many hours do you watch per day or per week?

I only can watched about 1-2 dramas during the week.
    Last edited by earth4477; 11-23-03 at 03:13 AM.

Which dramas do you like or dislike or recommend?
    and why?

Lol, you should see how many series I juggle in the summer time!!! Currently about 5 series at once isn't a lot is it? : Well I actually didn't finish all those series and start watching the others at the same time. I finished them like maybe a few days or weeks apart, but included them all togehter in the list.

Yeah some of the series in that list there is pretty long. Probably 2 or 3 of them have at least 30 tapes or so. Hmmmm...usually on an average day weekday I get at least 5 to 6 tapes in a day. Lol, get home from school pop the tape in the VCR and do whatever at the same time as watching. Always works

Lol, how do I manage? Gosh, I guess its just a miracle!!! But mostly I watch a series as it releases out weekly and I rent them mostly at the end of school on Friday so that means I can usually watch all of it on the weekend. Then if I am re-renting an older series I usually rent it anytime during the week and take my time on it. Then usually on breaks or long days off I sometimes rent a whole series that I havne't watched and try to get as much of it done as possible. Lol, I've got my own little series watching plan and all :

Would you like recommendations on just any radom series or the ones I've seen recently? Goddess has lots to talk about then I guess
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Goddess recommned me some funny series at most 5 years old. I like the following series: FSY, Mr Winner, Taiji Prodigy(okay draggy though), LOCH03, HSDS03, ....
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

Originally posted by Trinie
    To goddessofhonour, I agree with you about Taiji Prodijy. Gosh was the series bad. I think it totally destroyed Zhang San Feng's character and disrespected the real historical figure. I saw it on TV and didn't like it at all. I think that most people are only watching it for the cast and not for the quality of the series itself. I would give it about a 1.5 or 2 out of 5 stars too.

I am watching any series right now due to school.... I can only watch series during vacation time.
    I liked atv's 1980's version of "the tai chi master I" overall, but I dislike the sad ending.
    Here's a review by a fan at
    http://www.spcnet.tv/atv_taijimaster1.shtml

Man,Tze-leung (alex) & mai,suet (michelle yim) was young and good-looking in this series. I wished they would release this series on vcds. I saw this long time ago.

I have not get to watch atv's 1980's version of the sequel called "the tai chi master II" starring
    chan,sau-man (amy)
    man,tze-leung (alex)
    cheung,kwok-wing (leslie)
    and etc..
    I hope atv will also release this on vcds too.
    Here's other review by a fan at
    http://www.spcnet.tv/atv_taijimaster2.shtml

Have anyone watched the above 2 series about?

I wished the video distributors/manufacturers would release more good oldies series of the 1980's or 1990's on vcds or dvds because they some are much better than nowaday's series especially ATV.

The atv series I like to watch are:

PRINCESS CHEUNG PING--1980'S VERSION
    http://www.spcnet.tv/atv_changping_b.shtml
    This is also released on vcds for purchase in stores.

DYNASTY I (DAI NOI KWAN YING)---1980'S VERSION
    http://www.spcnet.tv/atv_dynasty.shtml
    I heard this series receive good ratings from viewers.
    This is released on vcds in dual audio for purchase in stores.

EMPEROR QIN SHI HUANG (the rise of the great wall)
    http://www.spcnet.tv/atv_emperorqin.shtml
    It's too bad that the original cantonese audio version its not release, but only the dubbed-mandarin or dubbed-thai audio language its release. I wish the would keep the original cantonese audio even when they added other dubbed-asian language in there.
    I heard this also receive very good ratings.

I think nowdays, there are either very few or no good series worth watching. Do you agree or disagree? and why?
    Last edited by earth4477; 11-27-03 at 12:49 AM.

Hiya earth
    Hmmm...seems like you are really interested in ATV's 80's productions right? I really haven't seen any productions of ATV in the 80's so can't comment on any of them that you've listed there.

To answer your question on wether there are no or few good series. It depends on if you are asking in general or for one producing company. I think that lately there has been very few good series or there are some that are similar to others. At least that is what I'm seeing with TVB. However for ATV I find that their series are becoming better and the storyline is enjoyable. However it does have its draggy parts and all. As for Taiwanese, Singapore, and etc companies I find their series to be okay. Some of them are a little too draggy, but then again its good to watch.

Hey hkopinions
    Funny series huh? Hmmmm....here are some that you might enjoy if you havent' seen it already

*Anti-Crime Squad: Wayne Lai is hilarious in here!!! Lol, and just pairing him with Louisa is great!!! They will keep you laughing for awhile
    *Stealing Dragon Exchanging Pheonix: Zhang Ting and Vincent are really funny in here. The scenes between them in teh beginning of the series and middle is rather funny.
    *VOH: I think everyone knows this series contains mostly laughs and all right?
    *Heroes in Black: Its a Singaporean series with Li Nanxiang, Fan Wong, Vincent Ng, Bobby Au, and etc. Li Nanxiang is really funny in here!!! The storyline is okay, not that good though.
    *The Longevity Monkey: There is only like 8 tapes in here and its a short series that does give out laughs. I enjoyed it
    *Golden Faith: I thought Deric was really comedical in here, at least when needed.
    *Legendary Siblings99: Jimmy Lin and Theresa Lee's pairing is really funny to watch. The way Theresa tags after him and demands for him to like her in a way is really cute and funny all in one.

And here are just some other series I really enjoyed and maybe you will too

*Immortal Love: This is my most favorite series ever!!! The chemistry with Chew Chor Meng and Florence Tan is really cute. Anyways, CCM is great in here, hehe
    *The Vagrant: This is also a singaporean series with Li Nanxiang, Huang Bi Ren (Is that right?), Yvonne Lim, and etc. It contained a little of everything. Funny scenes, sweet scenes, touching scenes, and etc. I've been trying to find this series again to rewatch or buy, but no luck
    *Unbeatables 3: Okay, a little draggy with all of Li Nanxiang and Zoe's argueing and all, but still good. LNX was just so sauve as the gambling king!! Plus the addition of Vivian Lai and Allan Wu was great. Those two have a lot of chemistry!!!
    *Blood Cold Proud Hot 2001: Li YaPeng and Xu Qing are probably the best LingHoChong and Ren Ying Ying. At least for me. This was my favorite adaption of SOD.
    Survivor's Law: Really enjoyable. The four mains did well and the cases they had was nice to watch.
    *Beautiful Days: Hehehehe, Lee Byung Hun is Couldn't take my eyes off of him...........hehehehe
    *Square Pegs: I think you've seen this though right?

(Lol, getting tired of commenting after the series so I'll just keep nameing series I enjoyed and if you want to know more on it just ask then )

*Innocently Guilty
    *Amazing Story
    *Light of Million Hopes
    *The Trust of a Lifetime
    *Chiang Nan Yin Yu (Giang Nam Phong Van)
    *A Step Into the Past
    *Whatever it Takes
    *Burning Flame2

Hehehehe, I think thats all for now. Bye guys
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I have already watched the 3 above mentioned series
    PRINCESS CHEUNG PING---ATV'S 80'S VERSION released on vcds for purchase in stores.

DYNASTY I ---ATV'S 80'S VERSION released in dual on on vcds for purchased in stores.

emperor qin---atv's 80's version---only added dubbed-mandarin audio,
    there's no original cantonese audio version release.

I felt it was one of atv's best productions.
    I would like to recommend them to people.

goddess,
    what does lol stand for?
    exchange phoenix, stealing dragon-----is this the same series called in the different title "the lovely twin ladies"?
    From looking at some pictures of "the lovely twin ladies", the leading actresses were not lovely nor pretty at all. They don't seem like twins at all. It seem like one leading actress is is chubby than the other leading actress since one actress have a more chubby face than other.

Vincent jiao seem handsome in this series but I am disappointed in the female leading casts---they are not pretty at all---not lovely twin ladies at all.

Is this a mainland china production or a taiwan production?

Even the supporting actresses in "the water margin" by mainland china are much prettier and better-looking than the leading actresses in "the lovely twin ladies" series.
    For examples: the actresses (I don't know their names) who played these roles in "the water margin":
    1. woman-character who have a short stocky ugly-looking husband who committed adultery.

2. the young woman who dressed up as a young man who challenaged & used martial arts to fight in the stage platform.

3. the young pretty prostitute who lived in the brothel and fell in love with a young man-rebel-outlaw.

4. the singing girl who married an middle-aged man and committed adultery and was murdered.

5. the faithful wife who committed suicide because her husband was framed by higher government officials.

I think they are more suitable to playing leading female roles with vincent jiao.

what do you think?

I am disappointed that "the water margin" portrayed more woman in villain roles than in good roles.
    Last edited by earth4477; 11-27-03 at 01:16 AM.

Hi ya earth
    Lol means short for laugh out loud

I don't think that Stealing Dragon Exchanging Pheonix has a different title and even if it does I haven't heard it refered to as "The Lovely Twin Ladies." The series doesn't exactly have any twins. Its more about a princess being replaced with a boy so that the concubine could become queen. The boy grows up to be known as the prince who is going to inherit the thrown and then the real princess grows up in a brothel. I think this series is a Taiwanese production and you can read the reviews here
    http://www.spcnet.tv/taiwan_stealingdragon.shtml
    http://www.spcnet.tv/taiwan_stealingdragonb.shtml

Hmmm...I've never seen the Water Margin so can't comment on that.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Watching:
    - Beauty or Beast (Japan) A very enjoyable serial.
    - Armed Reaction 3 (HKTVB)
    - HSDS'03 (China)

Rewatching:
    - Heavenly Beings (Singapore) Simply love it!
    - HZGG 1 (Taiwan)
    Please visit the sites dedicated to the TV dramas, Mainland CCTV Xiao Ao Jiang Hu 笑傲江湖 and HK ATV Heroine of the Yangs 穆桂英 respectively. Thanks!!

Just finished watching Taiji Prodigy. I like the stars, but the plot doesn't make any sense.

Currently watching The W Files. So far so good.
    Beauty is not in the face;
    beauty is a light in the heart.

-It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart.

Currently watching:

Golden Faith
    Take My Word For It
    玉木宏

blog

Currently watching
    Imperial Treasure (Hoang Cung Buu Boi) --so far boring and jokes not even funny

SOD Taiwan?--with Richie Ren and Anita Yuen. What year was this released? Went to rent SOD 2001 but got this instead. Whats the viet title for SOD 2001? Only found SOD 96 and Richie Ren version. But so far so good. Figth scenes are good too.
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

currently watching :
    Driving Power

rewatching :
    Boy & Girl

planning to watch :
    summer scent (k-drama)
    maybe loch 03
    hzgg 1 n 2

Currently watching:

Driving Power
    Point of No Return
    Triumph in the Skies
    Light of Million Hopes
    All In

rewatching Chinese Ghost Story
    hoping there will be more new series here, really hard to get it.

I'm watching "Yong Bu Ming Mu" and am enjoying it so far. I really want to see who Oh Ching Chun ends up with in the end and what will happen to the other guy...
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Just Finshed rewatching:
    -Duke of mountian deer 2000- Loved it....watched it 3 times but still cried!!!!
    -Legend of condour heroes (old version)...it was ok...boring now i watched so many times

Rewatching :
    -Smart Kid: Ok i think!!! Like some actors so no a probs!!

Gonna Watch:
    Taiji Prodogy(soon just havent got round to it.....really looking foward to it/)
    HZGG3
    Armed reaction4

Originally posted by tanteun
    rewatching Chinese Ghost Story
    hoping there will be more new series here, really hard to get it.
    One with Daniel Chan, Big S, Jessica Husan, Jason Wu, and etc right? Lol, lucky you!! I'm actually watching it right now and only have up to tape 2
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Originally posted by goddessofhonour
    One with Daniel Chan, Big S, Jessica Husan, Jason Wu, and etc right? Lol, lucky you!! I'm actually watching it right now and only have up to tape 2
    Yes that one, it's been released here for quite sometimes in vcd. So what do u think so far about the serie??
    hhaha...not that lucky like u, didn't have much good series available here. I'm desperate to get the TVB's drama series