Thread: Tattoos and Body Piercings

Default Tattoos and Body Piercings

First of all, I have nothing against people who are doing it but I think they are both ugly and scary. It's a big turn off. I personally would never have tattoos and body piercings myself as I don't want to go through all the pain and also cost money. To me, healthy skin is the best. What do you think about tattoos and body piercings?

Both are turnoffs. An ear with 10 earrings is a turn off as well.

Are tattoos and piercing becoming popular now? I seem to see more and more people with more than two tattoos and body piercing. Do I like it? I don't like tattoos. The only piercing I can approve of is ear piercing to a certain extent.

I never understood why people would want many tattoos. Do they not realize that it's on there permanently? It could be remove but isn't it costly? I always thought getting tattoo is a phase in life. It seems like if someone gets their first tattoo they will get more. It eventually covers their whole body. Ever time I see people with lots of tattoos, some NBA players for example, I just wonder what is going on in their heads.

I've seen some disgusting body piercings. I once seen ten piercings on one arm. It was really gross. I'm OK with the standard earrings (one on each ear). When there are more than one on one ear, its weird but I can live with it. Ear stretching seems to be a new fad. Every time I see it I just cringe. You can put a pen through someone ear lobe. Some are big enough to put a marker through. Eww. Who thinks that is a good idea? If's a turn off.

I think getting tattoos has always been a popular thing and not just recently. I don't think I could pull it off and I could be indecisive at times so I'd never get one. And I admit that some people have pretty cool artsy tattoos, but some people make it like they're more random than purposely. As for piercings, gauges seemed to be the new hip thing to do. Some people have really big size gauges and they looked so painful to have.
    Less Than Perfect

Piercings kind of turn me off, but I'm indifferent to tattoos, in that whether a person has them or not makes no difference to their physical attractiveness, unless it was done on the face (e.g. Darth Maul), or on the whole body Yakuza-like. People like Cheryl Cole or Popeye are no different to me whether they have their tattoos or not.

I don't like to put anything permanent on my body that cannot be removed easily. So, i would never get a tattoo. Luckily, mom my is not like other moms who bring their daughter to have their ears pierce when they reach certain age. She give me the freedom to choose. So, I didn't even have my ears pierce and I don't plan to. I'll make do with stick on and clip on if I want to wear earrings or tattoo.

My hangup is only the permanent nature of both art. But, they can be beautiful when well done, especially tattoo. And for ear piercing, you can adorn you ears with many beautiful jewelry.

But, I really don't get body piercing, especially those who pierce on their tongue. Why would anyone do that? It must be really painful.
    Last edited by kidd; 10-31-11 at 04:23 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Luckily, mom my is not like other moms who bring their daughter to have their eas pierce when they reach certain age. She give me the freedom to choose. So, I didn't even have my ears pierce and I don't plan to.
    Someone is looking for you. Heh, this guy I know wants a girl who is pure: no tattoos and piercing of any kind. What he failed to realize is that most girls do not have a choice when it comes to ear piercing.
    Last edited by dictionary; 10-31-11 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    Someone is looking for you. Heh, this guy I know wants a girl who is pure: no tattoos and piercing of any kind. What he failed to realize is that most girls do not have a choice when it comes to ear piercing.
    I guess I am one of those where it wasn't my choice to get my ears pierced but I'm kind of glad because I don't think I would get it now had I not when I was a kid. Also, it doesn't take a super long time to close up their lobes if they don't want the piercing anymore. Now what I don't get, is why a person would have their private areas pierced.
    Less Than Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I don't like to put anything permanent on my body that cannot be removed easily. So, i would never get a tattoo. Luckily, mom my is not like other moms who bring their daughter to have their ears pierce when they reach certain age. She give me the freedom to choose. So, I didn't even have my ears pierce and I don't plan to. I'll make do with stick on and clip on if I want to wear earrings or tattoo.

My hangup is only the permanent nature of both art. But, they can be beautiful when well done, especially tattoo. And for ear piercing, you can adorn you ears with many beautiful jewelry.

But, I really don't get body piercing, especially those who pierce on their tongue. Why would anyone do that? It must be really painful.
    Always thought you are a guy. Yeah, it's is disgusting to do it on the tongue. Good for you that you stay away from all those junks.

Seriously, which guy wouldn't want a pure girl over a non-pure girl? I think most guys do not want a girl that is full of tattoos and piercing, except earrings (one on each side).

Quote Originally Posted by mi do ri View Post
    I guess I am one of those where it wasn't my choice to get my ears pierced but I'm kind of glad because I don't think I would get it now had I not when I was a kid. Also, it doesn't take a super long time to close up their lobes if they don't want the piercing anymore. Now what I don't get, is why a person would have their private areas pierced.
    Having earrings (one on each side) is normal for girls. What, people pierce their private areas? That is insane.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 10-31-11 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post

Seriously, which guy wouldn't want a pure girl over a non-pure girl? I think most guys do not want a girl that is full of tattoos and piercing, except earrings (one on each side).
    Depends on what the guy is looking for at the particular moment.

What do you mean by we don't have a choice? This statement is stunning. I do think there's social expectations on girls to pierce their ears (which to me is weird) but it's not like people would drag their daughters and force them to pierce their ears, do they?

People around me are always surprised to know that I don't pierce my ears or wear earrings (aka why am I not feminine -.-;;, and there will always be some who will say I should.

I seriously don't see the point... I cringe at the thought of punching holes on my earlobes and putting metal through them and I've seen cases of infection. Eeeks. >_>

I don't like tattoos too. There are not many tattoos that can come off as completely cool and not look like some vulgar/cheap art.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Depends on what the guy is looking for at the particular moment.
    I was talking about serious relationship, life time partner, or marriage quality, not one night stand.

People around me are always surprised to know that I don't pierce my ears or wear earrings (aka why am I not feminine -.-;;, and there will always be some who will say I should.
    Tomboy is cool, you and kidd are cool.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 10-31-11 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    I was talking about serious relationship, life time partner, or marriage quality, not one night stand.
    It differs. Not all guys have the mental mindset that their girlfriend/fiancee/wife must be a virgin.

Tomboy is cool, you and kidd are cool.
    See? This is what I was talking about. Just because kidd and I don't pierce our ears and wear earrings, you immediately assume we are tomboys, nevermind that you actually don't know us in real life and had never seen us before.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    What do you mean by we don't have a choice? This statement is stunning. I do think there's social expectations on girls to pierce their ears (which to me is weird) but it's not like people would drag their daughters and force them to pierce their ears, do they?
    Well, some girls got their ears pierced when they are 3 months old or 1-3 years old. My nieces are examples. That's what I meant by "not have a choice." It was decided for them.

I would only get a tattoo if I was in the military and the squad had a squad tattoo insignia.
    I've got 3 piercings in my left ear though. 2 lobe and 1 cartilage.

I think tattoos and piercings are personal. People do it for different reasons. But not everyone looks good with tattoos or piercings.

I adore creative tattoos and multiple piercings...within reason. I am too scared to get tats so I sort of admire the people who have really extravagant and beautiful ones. I have just normal ear piercings. I attempted to get more on my ears (I got re-pierced 3 times!!) .. but they all got infected I was testing out for a nose ring...but that experience scared me so bad that I never tried it again.
    I like me.

Well, some girls got their ears pierced when they are 3 months old or 1-3 years old. My nieces are examples. That's what I meant by "not have a choice." It was decided for them.
    It used to be the old saying that 'girls' should pierce their ears, and it was a 'normal' practice for a very long time until recently, where nobody bothered to poke their baby girls' ears and so you have the new batch of young adult girls without pierced ears. LOL. I personally know of some girls who really love earrings but didn't pierce their ears due to fear of pain. There's always the clip-ons, the magnetic alternatives. =)

then you have some of us, who simply get our ears pierced out of choice. =p

and I also know enough guys around with pierced ears, I assumed it's choice rather than getting 'poked' during babyhood.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

I got my ears pierced as a kid and so did my sister. Most of my female cousins got theirs pierced as babies. In the city I live in, most families are from Southeast Asia where most girls get their ears pierced very young.
    I was really surprised when I went to China for the first time and met a lot of girls and women who didn't have pierced ears.

I'm more curious about tattoos in other countries. I recently met a woman from Japan in her mid-thirties studying abroad in the USA, she got a tattoo on her leg. She told me that in Japan it's a huge taboo to get a tattoo especially in a visible area. She said soemthing about losing health benefits if you had a tattoo... and I think you're not allowed into hot springs if you have a visible tattoo.
    I've never thought to much about tattoos, only that when most of my friends were turning 18 some of them went to get very small ones as a rite of passage.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵