OK, in January last year, we played a survivor game titled S is For Survivor (which is just a random name to differentiate it from all the other survivor games). It ended 10 days later, at which time it had maybe 30,000 views, ranked as #10 most viewed topic in Wuxia Fiction forum. Since then, however, I've noticed a sustained steady increase in page views - even months, and now more than 1.5 years after, the last discussion there. It kept increasing and a while ago, it became the most viewed topic in this forum, with over 200,000 views now.

Why is that strange? Well, for one, previous survivor game got most of their page views DURING the game, and accumulate slowly afterwards. For example, it could generate 25,000 views during the game, and double the views over the next 5 years. This was not the case; here, it grew by almost 7 times in just 1.5 years. It's definitely on some kind of super strength steroid + growth hormone combo.

Now, a thread's view count can increase for a few reasons - maybe it continues to be immensely interesting, or maybe it features some frequently searched keywords found via google (like the "hot Asian babes" in the Off Topic forum). This survivor game doesn't fit #1, and I doubt it has fans who click through it several times daily. So I think it must be #2 - people clicked on it from google search of novel names, the theme of the game. In that case, it's encouraging that people are searching for wuxia novel names. Though, they probably cursed when they saw nothing more than a repetitive voting game.

There you have it, my analysis du jour.