Thread: Female thief stripped, beaten and shamed in China

Default Female thief stripped, beaten and shamed in China

Female thief stripped, beaten and shamed

A female thief in China was beaten up, stripped and humiliated in public after she was caught red-handed.

A mob vented their anger on the woman by cutting up her clothes and her bra. They beat the woman, paraded her topless in the streets and even used a marker to write "I am a thief" on her back.

All these were done before the police were even notified of the crime.

The incident, which purportedly took place in Taizhou, Zhejiang, China, was carried on many Chinese news networks and has caused a buzz among Chinese netizens.

Many are also saying that such vigilante justice should not be condoned.

While the thief may have committed a crime, the people who ripped the woman's clothes, beat her and humiliated her were not only committing crimes as well, they were also infringing on the woman's rights.

Observers also commented that such an incident showed that Chinese citizens are uncultured and lack understanding of the rule of law and of human rights.
    link
    http://news.insing.com/tabloid/femal...ed/id-c4fc3e00

Is this 'street justice' or street molest sexually attack?

It sounds like street molest sexually attack to me.

Besides, what did she steal to deserve such a treatment? Not that they should be doing such thing no matter what she stole. They could have just handed her over to the cops.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

It was nothing more than an opportunistic sexual attack. Some lecherous people just found an excuse to attack a woman.

In Malaysia, in the rare event a motorcycle snatch thief is caught red-handed, they normally get beaten up by an angry mob before the police arrive, but motorcycle snatch thieves are responsible for injuries and even death to innocent passer-bys when they drag their victims along the road trying to snatch the handbags, so there's little sympathy for them. I can't imagine any of them being molested, although they've been 100% male so far. What was done in that article went beyond street vigilante justice, and was just an opportunity to fondle a helpless woman in the name of "justice". If it were a man I'm sure they'd just have beaten him and left it at that. I'd hazard a guess that the thief, while not necessarily attractive, was not one of repulsive physical appearance.

EDIT - just read the link and saw her pic. Yep, quite likely the sort that a sex maniac would attack given half the opportunity...
    Last edited by Ian Liew; 11-02-11 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    It was nothing more than an opportunistic sexual attack. Some lecherous people just found an excuse to attack a woman.

What was done in that article went beyond street vigilante justice, and was just an opportunity to fondle a helpless woman in the name of "justice".
    100% agree. I think the same too. This is not street justice. They are just taking advantage of the situation to molest a woman.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Everyone who participated in that should be thrown into the slammer. The female theif should be charged for her crime. Nothing more and nothing less.

Street Justice rarely works. The mob is simply not a trustworthy source of fairness and justice. (not saying Chinese police are much better) It can easily turn on its head and next thing you know you get London style riot.

I bet she never steals again.
    --=={Grundle}==--

How come they didn't say what she stole? Dubious...but I guess that's besides the point. Poor girl...there are worse that deserve harsher but are served less...
    I like me.

morals down the gutter as usual. everybody just need a weak excuse to unleash their 'inner demon', and from the looks of it, there's plenty of such people in taizhou, since it's a 'common occurance'.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

According to the article I read, such punishment is common for thiefs there. Further, this is causing an uproar likely cuz she's a woman.

I am a big fan of vigilantism and while this may have been harsh, according to what I read she was not sodomized or raped... merely humiliated.

Thumbs up from me based on the info I can see.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner