Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new SPCNET design doesn't seem to work all that well.

Exclamation The new SPCNET design doesn't seem to work all that well.

There are many things different from the old one, but I'll only list the problems that affect me/I have encountered. 1. No format at all, whatsoever. (As can be seen from this post. E.g. no spacings if we wanted to type a new paragraph. Is there another set we are supposed to use?) 2. I cannot seem to find the tools/boxes to make certain writing italic/bold/underlined. Although I just found out we could still use the code written down-there's just no shortcut boxes([U ] [/ U]). 3. I cannot edit my post. When I click 'edit post', it comes up with the box so I can add/delete things in my post, but then I can't save the modified version, so it's actually no use. 4. The post width has become more narrow, so if we wanted to post large pictures, we would need to scroll across, which makes things quite hard. --------------------------------------------------- Of course, if this site is under maintenance, I can understand. I just need some sort of explanation, and there's no post regarding this in the Announcements section. I'm not even sure if the other members are experiencing the same problems as me. Could a mod. help out? Or guide me on how to change this new design to the old one? Thanks.
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 01-19-12 at 08:23 AM.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Default EXAMPLES

EDIT: I don't think ANY of the other members are having this problem with the new spcnet. I don't even know if other users' spcnet is different from mine. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- NEW SPCNET: $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc502/HGe_CLiu/Capture3-1.jpg') ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- WITH FORMAT: $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc502/HGe_CLiu/Capture2-1.jpg') ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- WITHOUT FORMAT: $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc502/HGe_CLiu/Capture-5.jpg') I'm currently using dashes to put spaces between each image/caption.

Can you try hitting Ctrl+F5 on your browser if you are on Firefox to hard refresh the page? We did have to recache some javascript and css changes made on the forums.

If you are still having problems, please let us know what OS and browser you are using.
    -SC

Thankyou for answering! Yes, after hitting ctrl+F5, it went back to normal.

The view is condensed with huge left and right margins even after hitting ctrl+F5. How do I get the full screen view again?

I noticed the big banner link thing at the top where the banner ad used to be...but now I see SPCNET link bar...I guess this is an attempt to connect/link the main spcnet site and the forum together? I really hope this is an experiment. I'm not liking how it looks.

And yes, I do notice that the width of the text box is wider and I'm using Google Chrome with Windows 7.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I'm also having problems with the new site format. I have to use the scroll bar to scroll horizontally because the post width is narrower and the left and right margins are wider. Plus, I can't view the toolbar to change font, add video links, make text bold, italic, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    There are many things different from the old one, but I'll only list the problems that affect me/I have encountered. 1. No format at all, whatsoever. (As can be seen from this post. E.g. no spacings if we wanted to type a new paragraph. Is there another set we are supposed to use?) 2. I cannot seem to find the tools/boxes to make certain writing italic/bold/underlined. Although I just found out we could still use the code written down-there's just no shortcut boxes([U ] [/ U]). 3. I cannot edit my post. When I click 'edit post', it comes up with the box so I can add/delete things in my post, but then I can't save the modified version, so it's actually no use. 4. The post width has become more narrow, so if we wanted to post large pictures, we would need to scroll across, which makes things quite hard. --------------------------------------------------- Of course, if this site is under maintenance, I can understand. I just need some sort of explanation, and there's no post regarding this in the Announcements section. I'm not even sure if the other members are experiencing the same problems as me. Could a mod. help out? Or guide me on how to change this new design to the old one? Thanks.
    I had similar probs, and I tried hitting CTRL-F5, but it deleted my post! So I want to say that I have the probs: 1. All paragraphs are merged into ONE ----------------- 2. No smileys appearing ------------------ 3. Editing services are not available --------------------- HELP please!

The problem is back again, and this, it is immune to ctrl f5. I hope this 'test' ends soon.

The speech bubble boxes on the front page (next to each section title) aren't in line with their respective forums.

I'm using Opera.
    玉木宏

blog

Hi, SC. I'm posting on behalf of another member here, tweety365. Ever since the forum format change, she can only view the forum but cannot post anything at all. She says that the "Reply to Thread" button does not even work for her anymore. Thanks for your help in working out the bugs.

I can post now! YEAH!

Screenshots of how the post width is off please? I think the problem might be because we have 3 servers and some of you might be seeing a different version of the forum. And that we're running through a cache engine, not sure how it might be handling some of the caching for the javascript and CSS.
    -SC

This is a picture of the actual width of the post+the column on the side which states user statistics. $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc502/HGe_CLiu/Capture-6.jpg') Is there any other keyboard combination or method to fix the posting problem? I still can't space out/edit my post, and there are still no tools on top of the post when I click "Reply to this Thread". ctrl+f5 doesn't work now.

Unhappy

Now I can't seem to edit my posts. Plus, it takes a really long time for the reply window to download, hence making it difficult to post things. I have a MacBook and am using Safari or Firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Now I can't seem to edit my posts. Plus, it takes a really long time for the reply window to download, hence making it difficult to post things. I have a MacBook and am using Safari or Firefox.
    Try Google Chrome, Mel.

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    Is there any other keyboard combination or method to fix the posting problem? I still can't space out/edit my post, and there are still no tools on top of the post when I click "Reply to this Thread". ctrl+f5 doesn't work now.
    I can now edit/format/space out my post, use quick reply etc. although the pictures for the links don't show up (but that doesn't cause any problems for me). Although I do hope this is permanently fixed and not on and off. (last time, this only lasted a day).
    My current browser is Firefox 9.0.1.

EDIT (18/01/12): I can edit/space out my post now! Fingers-crossed that this doesn't last for just a day.
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 01-17-12 at 11:39 PM.

This is not so much a problem with posting, but where did the settings button go ? it normally was up there with the Notifications and the username and My Profile links ?
    Local Li Bingbing/Shui Ling addict
    Out of my mind, back in several years or until the Wife says I can, whichever comes first
    Itsh A Sthpork Sthupid!! ~ Daffy Duck, as quoted by my sister

I'm using Chrome. It took eternity to load the textbox for me to type things. All the tool buttons still missing.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I'm using Chrome. It took eternity to load the textbox for me to type things. All the tool buttons still missing.
    Refresh and try again now?

For those still reporting problems, can you hit http://www.spcnet.tv/test.html and let me know what you see there?
    -SC