Page 227 of 229 FirstFirst ... 127177217218219220221222223224225226227228229 LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,540 of 4578

Thread: Swordsman 2012 《笑傲江湖》 - Wallace Huo, Joe Chen, Yuan Shan Shan

Do anyone bought DVDs with swordsman 2013? (can share?)

Banned

Ha ha ha. This was the best Xiao Ao Jiang Hu I've ever watched. To be honest, I hated Jin Yong's original work. Who in the world wants to watch a transexual fall in love with our main protagonist anyways? DFBB-LHC pairing/interaction was the best part of the show! The ending twist was really awesome!

Btw, does anyone know the difference(s) between the uncut and standard version?
    Last edited by hirobo2; 12-17-14 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hirobo2 View Post
    Ha ha ha. This was the best Xiao Ao Jiang Hu I've ever watched. To be honest, I hated Jin Yong's original work. Who in the world wants to watch a transexual fall in love with our main protagonist anyways? DFBB-LHC pairing/interaction was the best part of the show! The ending twist was really awesome!
    Dongfong Bubai never fell in love with Linghu Chong in the novel. The best adaptation of the novel is the 1996 one starring Jacky Lui. It not only has a better cast, but the plot is coherent with themes that mostly work well together. Yu Zheng's version falls apart because it's a poorly constructed mish-mash of different stories.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ToastedRossi View Post
    Dongfong Bubai never fell in love with Linghu Chong in the novel. The best adaptation of the novel is the 1996 one starring Jacky Lui. It not only has a better cast, but the plot is coherent with themes that mostly work well together. Yu Zheng's version falls apart because it's a poorly constructed mish-mash of different stories.
    Don't get the wrong idea. I would have hated the novel even if DFBB wasn't in it. I get that a student is supposed to love his master and juniors/junior sister. But, the way Jin Yong made LHC's devotion so just came off as very corny to me. Exactly why I loved YZ's version, b/c the story focussed on other areas instead, like the love between DFBB and LHC...

Don't get the wrong idea. I would have hated the novel even if DFBB wasn't in it. I get that a student is supposed to love his master and juniors/junior sister. But, the way Jin Yong made LHC's devotion so just came off as very corny to me. Exactly why I loved YZ's version, b/c the story focussed on other areas instead, like the love between DFBB and LHC...
    I agree - I like the novel except I can't stand LHC's 'everlasting' devotion to his junior and his devious master.

Update:
    Just finished the full 40+ episodes in HD (youtube)
    Kinda like the series as it kept me guessing about DFBB's fate, until the last episode

I was rooting for DFBB and was kinda hoping she would end up with LHC rather than Ying Ying (or at least with both . The series spent a lot of time developing the relationship between LHC and DFBB. Ying Ying's character was really underdeveloped in the series and she came in a little too late to garner my support/pity). [In this series DFBB is a female (a big loophole as the sunflower/Bixie swordplay requires a castrated male - either that or DFBB is bis-xual (as she had a female lover yu-niang in one early episode) which allowed her to practice the skill(?)]. 2/3 thro, they abruptly 'killed' off the love story and had DFBB turned bad.

Another plus is the duel between Feng XY and DFBB - had always wonder what the outcome would be like (Dugu 9 vs Sunflower swordplay) if they had met and fought. Inconclusive ending though...and the episode missed the opportunity to demonstrate the "best" of each swordplay.

I decided to check this out since the guy that played YG (2014 version) was in here too and people said he was better looking in here.

How right they were, I can see where the YG feel came from, he looks so good.

I watched this up until DFBB started to have feelings for LHC, then I was outta there. I liked DFBB when she was all proud and trigger happy but the moment she show signs of sappiness...that was it. Everyone else is so annoying though. OMG, I don't think I could ever dislike YY or YL, this drama proved me wrong.
    Last edited by Linda; 01-03-15 at 09:37 AM.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Linghu Chong started out very strongly in the novels, but I think his character fell out very quickly after he became the leader of the nun's sect, for one reason or many. For such a free and independent character, it doesn't really suit Linghu Chong to be tied down in such a way.

Still, of all the different ways and circumstances in which Jin Yong's protagonists become powerful, Linghu Chong's path to greatness is definitely my favorite. Simple talent, dedication with a dash of luck. That also made his fighting scenes very fun to read. My favorite moments in the book must be whenever Linghu Chong face someone trained in the Bixie Swordplay and defeats them with the Dugu Nine Swords, a skill that he inherited and learned honestly, not through lies and schemes and murder. I only wish he had learned Yijin Jing earlier too so he'd be even more of a monster!

If the novels had a better second half, or if it hadn't ended in such an anti-climatic way, it would definitely top the Condor trilogies as my favorite wuxia. As it is, it's fine too. I definitely prefer the novels to this fan fiction.

im currently on episode 13 and i'm so confused. how is Ren Yingying DFBB's sister? based on the various reviews ive read RYY is Ren Woxing's daughter. unless they are all related somehow i dont see how this is possible. this is all something YZ made up?

what's their actual relationship?

Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted View Post
    im currently on episode 13 and i'm so confused. how is Ren Yingying DFBB's sister? based on the various reviews ive read RYY is Ren Woxing's daughter. unless they are all related somehow i dont see how this is possible. this is all something YZ made up?

what's their actual relationship?
    They are not related. DFBB in this version just consider RYY as her junior sister.

lol, im an idiot. everything is straightened out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    I decided to check this out since the guy that played YG (2014 version) was in here too and people said he was better looking in here.

How right they were, I can see where the YG feel came from, he looks so good.
    Yup.

I watch Swordsman because I like XAJH, LHC is my 2nd favourite Wuxia Hero, and Wallace Huo .. but in the end, I got sick of everything and was attracted to LPZ instead. LPZ is never be my favourite character, but I like how CX is portraying him here. Comparing his performance with YG, I always suspect that his problem in YG is mainly due to the script, although perhaps, he did exaggerate sometimes.

And yeah, I also didn't finish the story. I only watched until the Shaolin part, and then jumped to the fighting parts and LPZ parts.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWErD View Post
    Linghu Chong started out very strongly in the novels, but I think his character fell out very quickly after he became the leader of the nun's sect, for one reason or many. For such a free and independent character, it doesn't really suit Linghu Chong to be tied down in such a way.

Still, of all the different ways and circumstances in which Jin Yong's protagonists become powerful, Linghu Chong's path to greatness is definitely my favorite. Simple talent, dedication with a dash of luck. That also made his fighting scenes very fun to read. My favorite moments in the book must be whenever Linghu Chong face someone trained in the Bixie Swordplay and defeats them with the Dugu Nine Swords, a skill that he inherited and learned honestly, not through lies and schemes and murder. I only wish he had learned Yijin Jing earlier too so he'd be even more of a monster!

If the novels had a better second half, or if it hadn't ended in such an anti-climatic way, it would definitely top the Condor trilogies as my favorite wuxia. As it is, it's fine too. I definitely prefer the novels to this fan fiction.

I like LHC because I love a character who is cool, smart, and kind. My favourite Hero is therefore YG, the smartest and the most handsome Hero in wuxia world (well, at least in my imagination ). Although LHC is not as smart and cunning and handsome as YG, but he is more easy-going and fun to be with. He is a friend with whom you'll feel comfortable and can rely on, someone who can joke around and try to be happy even in the dark moments. That's why, he's my 2nd favourite Wuxia Hero. Judging from his skills, yeah, I also like his fighting parts in the novel using Dugu Nine Swords. He always manages to find the weaknesses of each skill and breaks it. Then again, I don't think LHC is that formidable without a sword (dunno how his skills after learning Yijin Jing, though .. since it happened in the end of the story).

Anyway, my favourite parts in the novel is when YiLin told people the story of how LHC saved her life from TBG (it's a very interesting experience, while it's funny to imagine pretty little innocent YiLin telling this in front of her seniors), and the part when LHC learns music from Popo until he realizes that Popo is actually RCC who had fallen in love with him.

I agree with you that the novel should do better with the second half, especially with the end of YBQ and LPZ. Still, I love it when LHC-RYY secretly meet before wedding, and the wedding part itself *lol to the 6 Fairies and the embaressed LHC*. And, yeah, I also definitely prefer the novel than this fan fiction.
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 01-08-15 at 09:53 AM.

what a ridiculous ending. cant say i hate it.

I like the actress playing DFBB so much that I got hold of her Queen of SOP. Now into the 2nd ep - love it; she is really good (despite her age)

[FYI - I rarely watch Taiwan/Chinese modern dramas as I prefer Korean dramas...]

Here's why after all these time I didn't bother watching it after the first few episodes. It's all about the looks! Y'all don't want to know how harshly I judge actor's/actresses looks!

Look, Wallace Huo is handsome! Period!
    But to get beat up on the bum for being naughty...he's too old for that. And he didn't act all that naughty too, he was giving out his serious look too much of the time, so the role did not match him. His Ah Shou character from Shi Lang was TOTALLY SUPERB!!! Although he was a little exaggerated in there, I love that show to death, so unbeatable!!! But he didn't give out the same acting from there to this Swordsman show. Even Steven Ma (before the curly noodle hair came to play) portrayal of a playful LHC at the beginning with his ShiMei is too cool to beat here.
    Besides, Wallace is casting in every single show now and then, it's way too much.

Yan Rong
    I like this girl so much from HuanXiPoPo, that show was also really good too. I was so happy at first to see her playing the cool ShiMei in Swordsman, but turned out to be a total disappointment. I still love that lady who played with Steven Ma more, she's sooo cute!
    Yan Rong's acting here is not convincingly cute, it was as if she's trying too hard or something. That pissed me off bc I knew she can do better. It is the director's idea and fault that made her role here sucks.

DFBB
    I'll be honest that QiaoEn is not pretty (some people won't agree, I'm just saying for the majority). Her eyes are beautiful!!! If you only look her from the parts, like her eyes, nose, and mouth, they are beautiful! But adding them altogether, Nah.....no! But she's CUTE! Casting her as DFBB makes me realize how INNOCENT she looks and she was the biggest miscast here ever. She does not look tricky, evil, mad, powerful, cool, or any DFBB thing related at all. No way. I only see those big innocent eyes!!! With that already being the case, she also play as a DFBB who is soft-hearted, that makes her even more innocent and compassionate. If she can just be Ren yingying, that'll match her more, although I do expect a prettier Ren Yingying.

Yuan ShanShan
    OH BOY! I love Palace even if it was a 99% plagiarism of Boys Over Flowers, I still love it more than Boys over Flowers, especially of all the strong casts. BUT I DROP PALACE II ALL BECAUSE OF HER AND NOW SHE'S ALSO IN SWORDSMAN II AS RYY????? She has that...old and super mature look. Her role as a mother at the beginning matches her a lot, but not as RYY. She's not ugly at all...and actually, she is pretty compared to Qiao En, but she's not charming/cute/likeable...etc. Even Chen Zi Han and Florence Tan are so beautiful, but with them being main casts wouldn't satisfy me much, so with Yuan Shanshan...not a chance.

When the casts already do not meet the standard, needless to bother about the storyline. Thought was going to maybe watch it when there's absolutely nothing out there, now sounds like the storyline is also a disappointment...that's too bad.

Lol from UR perspective lol yss prettier than joe? Lol U must be kidding me go recheck UR eyes and who R u to judge every characters? Just keep it to urself to avoid problems

Don't be offended, but we can't say YSS is ugly, she's just not pretty enough, I'll repeat, she's not likable or charming. Joe is not the pretty type but she has the charm and cute look.
    Cannot be bias, just because I love watching Wallace (like, ALOT of Wallace Huo!) +Yan Rong+Joe's dramas doesn't mean their dramas will always turn out great. Of course I liked Joe from her past dramas. But with her look SO SO SO SO innocent, it's too challenging for her to pull off an evil and strict look. If the director can probably do a better job with the camera or use good music on those scene, then it might've help/or might just make things worse (who knows). It's best if she don't take this role in the first place to start of with. Wouldn't it be more of a win-win if somebody has both the look+acting for a specific role? (Don't go overboard, not asking for obvious evil eyebrow looks on people faces to make them look evil)

From where I left of, Chen Xiao and han dong were good, but they're not the main cast, it's not realistic to be driven into this drama bc of those two??. Like everyone else, if we know a storyline isn't too good, I just happen to be a hard *** JUDGE about the casts, and if casts are not good, then I look for the acting. But this case, nothing is just working for me, the CGI and fake gongfu has to be another extra annoying thing on top of everything... I'm sure this drama works for some other people so don't be offended, everyone has their own taste. There are many people out there who are not Wallace and Joe die-hard fan even though they go through every of their dramas, those type of people usually wouldn't find Swordsman2013 successful, and they will have problems with ALL the main characters here too.

Quote Originally Posted by Totorchik View Post
    Do anyone bought DVDs with swordsman 2013? (can share?)
    I am looking for this english sub DVD (and Perfect Couple) but cannot find it. Apparently, this drama was shown in a Singapore channel so you may be able to find the DVD in Singapore. If you find it, let me know where I could buy it. :-)

Banned

Wow, watching HSDS '09 after Swordsman really opened up my eyes. DFBB in Swordsman, her character, manner of dress, tomboyishness, etc. is a direct rip of Zhao Min (Wuji's lover) in HSDS... Or maybe I'm using too harsh a term, b/c it is Jin Yong's work after all. Maybe it is JY who recycled the same character type in a different story, but did DFBB even have such a big part in the novel? Aha! Mr. YZ is widely known for borrowing from other people's work.

If anyone can't get enough of the DFBB character and wants to see her reincarnated again, I highly recommend HDSD '09...

Wow, watching HSDS '09 after Swordsman really opened up my eyes. DFBB in Swordsman, her character, manner of dress, tomboyishness, etc. is a direct rip of Zhao Min (Wuji's lover) in HSDS... Or maybe I'm using too harsh a term, b/c it is Jin Yong's work after all. Maybe it is JY who recycled the same character type in a different story, but did DFBB even have such a big part in the novel? Aha! Mr. YZ is widely known for borrowing from other people's work.

If anyone can't get enough of the DFBB character and wants to see her reincarnated again, I highly recommend HDSD '09...
    Chen Qiaoen's DFBB was far more classy and colorful. Her facial expression is much better than Ady An too. As for character, both are high position people but if you pay close attention, DFBB is far more colder to her subordinates as compared to ZM. ZM was really nice to the mute monk and that archer so its different compared to DFBB.

YZ made it more interesting when he gave DFBB more parts to the story. If he had not done so it would be just another usual xiao ao jianghu which most people might not have watched till the end. There is no harm borrowing people's ideas as wuxia plots are somewhat similar in most ways. WHat YZ failed to do was he did not have the guts to go all the way till the end with his changes thus screwing up the story.

I prefer to watch YZ's DFBB than HSDS 09 ZM