Page 10 of 229 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Swordsman 2012 《笑傲江湖》 - Wallace Huo, Joe Chen, Yuan Shan Shan

Quote Originally Posted by chancy426 View Post
    Mickey's portrayal of 4th prince in Gong 1 was unbearable already, but his portrayal of Yong Zhen in Gong 2 was slaughter. Back then he kept claiming that his portrayal of this historical figure was most accurate. Now he says that his portrayal of SOD in history perspective is most accurate. He must be seeing stuff in very special light to come up with this stuff.
    Lol. I didn't watch past the 20-minute mark of Gong 2 so I was spared any further YongZheng butchering by Mickey He. >_< I can't imagine it'd be pretty though... T_T

I definitely agree about wishing to see more variety of actors in series, and also being skeptical with Yu Zheng claiming his XAJH is going to be the "most accurate". (In fact, I was terrified when I heard him say that, haha. I'm still pretty nervous about it but holding out hope...)

My endurance level seems to be a higher. I managed to finish ep 3. I don't really think the problem lies with Mickey He though because he was just acting accordingly with what's written for him. As for YSS, I didn't watch beyond ep 3 to rate her performance, but sometimes I think it's the script that breaks the actor/actresses. I hope Wallace isn't put to waste in this production. I think he's really wuxia material, ever since watching him inside Hero. Otherwise, I'd be disappointed that he passed TR's offer for Yu Zheng. I'm really craving a good wuxia so really hope this turns out good. Regardless, I'll watch it still. Yu Zheng has this ability to spin addictive plots regardless of if the story turned out good or bad. I think Gong 2 was the only one that I started and couldn't pull through.

Quote Originally Posted by tobemela View Post
    Former Ren Ying Ying - who do you like best?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/6b448d75gw1do17251m20j.jpg')
    All look okie to me except the third one

Mickey's portrayal of 4th prince in Gong 1 was unbearable already, but his portrayal of Yong Zhen in Gong 2 was slaughter. Back then he kept claiming that his portrayal of this historical figure was most accurate. Now he says that his portrayal of SOD in history perspective is most accurate. He must be seeing stuff in very special light to come up with this stuff.

Not just with Yu Zheng, but I really don't like it when they keep using the same pool of actor/actresses for their productions. It gets tiring. Especially if you like the production team (producer, scriptwriter, director,...), but it's so limiting when they like using the same actors all the time. Really hope that they utilize a wider pool. Same pool for side characters is alright, but it's more enjoyable when they use more variety for main leads. I think Wallace only worked with Yu Zheng once and he's pretty fresh face for with those popular wuxia title.

But then again, it seems like for his casting talk, Yu Zheng is pretty much brainstorming publicly. So....it might not be finalized.
    Yu Zheng does seem to like having the same actors/actresses playing in his dramas. Once he said in his blog he's growing older and for all the years in the show biz he is glad to see some actors/actresses are becoming successful under his care. I don't know whether for these reasons he likes to have the same people showing up in his dramas again and again until the audiences memorize them.

In fact, Yu Zheng first mentioned Wallace in his blog back in 2007. Yesterday he posted in his blog confirming again Wallace will be LHC. He said Wallace suits the role.

In fact, Yu Zheng first mentioned Wallace in his blog back in 2007. Yesterday he posted in his blog confirming again Wallace will be LHC. He said Wallace suits the role.
    Wallace acted with Fan Bing Bing when she produced Rouged Snow and Yu Zheng was scriptwriter for that drama in 2008.

Wallace acted with Fan Bing Bing when she produced Rouged Snow and Yu Zheng was scriptwriter for that drama in 2008.
    Bingo! He first mentioned Wallace in 2007 that he continued to hearing people around him (he named some directors) talking how good Wallace was in terms of his personality as well as his dedications to work. He then watched his dramas Tian Xia Di Yi, Hands in the Hair, and Hong Fu Nu and when he produced Roughed Snow someone recommended Wallace again to him and so he asked Wallace to join this drama. In his recent post he said after that they missed many chances of working together and finally they can work together again on SOD. Here is a rare pic of him and Wallace:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/webkit-fake-url://8F2098EE-B7EE-4521-A763-D3CECF1DCDFC/a22eaa36jw1dqa5oz1oi8j.jpg')a22eaa36jw1dqa5oz1oi8j.jpg
    Last edited by tobemela; 02-21-12 at 08:20 AM.

that does mean Fan Bing Bing will be in this series?

Quote Originally Posted by bachtuyet View Post
    that does mean Fan Bing Bing will be in this series?
    No. They are talking about a different drama here (Rogue Snow/胭脂雪:http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Rouge_Snow), which starred Wallace Huo and Fan Bing Bing. The scriptwriter was Yu Zheng, but the drama wasn't produced by him.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

After hearing mostly negative comments about Yu Zheng, is there one drama by him that is good at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Luanee View Post
    After hearing mostly negative comments about Yu Zheng, is there one drama by him that is good at all?
    It seems to me Schemes of a Beauty with Ruby Lin is his best drama so far...

I'm not a drama person and haven't seen enough dramas to make comments. Before knowing Wallace I mainly watched hollywood movies. But really Yu Zhang must be a very lucky person as he has continuously received bad comments but most of his dramas attracted high ratings. If you visited his weibo 80% of the comments bad mouthed him. This guy is a strange phenomenon in the show biz.

I read an interesting fact about Mr Jin Yong and want to share it here. Surprisingly Mr Jin Yong used to be a director. In 1961 he was the scriptwriter and director for《王老虎抢亲》Tiger Wang Kidnapped the Bride". Ms Xia Meng 夏梦 was the female lead in this movie. Mr Jin Yong said no one has ever seen Xi Shi 西施 (one of the four beauties in China history) but he believed Xi Shi must have Xia Meng's well-deserved reputation. He directed the movie so that he could stay close to her. Although they didn't make it at the end but this left behind a wonderful memory. Mr Jin Yong directed only this movie in his life. People believe Mr Jin Yong might have her in mind in creating his characters of Xiao Long Nu and Wang Yu Yan 小龙女、王语嫣.

Ms Xia Meng (6 Feb 1933 - )
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/757f0f97jw1dn9cjuthmfj.jpg')

Mr Jin Yong
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/496b2a65tw1dng61m3u0pj.jpg')
    Last edited by tobemela; 02-21-12 at 11:24 AM.

Yu Zheng's dramas might get bad reviews, but they're quite addicting once you start watching into them. If I'm getting my stats right, his Gong was like #2 top watched drama in China for year 2011.

I was read about some of his recent weibo posting and I feel so embarrassed for his antis. It seems those antis just pick on him because it's him. The whole commenting after he posted the Dragon robe was so funny.

Yu Zheng's dramas might get bad reviews, but they're quite addicting once you start watching into them. If I'm getting my stats right, his Gong was like #2 top watched drama in China for year 2011.

I was read about some of his recent weibo posting and I feel so embarrassed for his antis. It seems those antis just pick on him because it's him. The whole commenting after he posted the Dragon robe was so funny.
    Gong 1 toped China TV series (for similar type of dramas) and No 1 in Taiwan in 2011. Gong 2 broke 3 in rating in 2012. Yu claimed he will film until Gong 10 because of the good rating!

People just like to pick on him no matters what he said. But I guess because he's such an "entertainer" people enjoy watching his shows so they can pick on him more

Former Ren Ying Ying - who do you like best?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/6b448d75gw1do17251m20j.jpg')
    who is the first girl? i don't think i've ever seen her before. just based on that picture (because we all know how deceiving pictures can be), she looks spot on as ryy. among the ones i am familiar with, anita yuen looked the best and acted the best as ryy. pity that everything else about her series was terrible. not got the appeal for zjz's version...whatever her name is.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    who is the first girl? i don't think i've ever seen her before. just based on that picture (because we all know how deceiving pictures can be), she looks spot on as ryy. among the ones i am familiar with, anita yuen looked the best and acted the best as ryy. pity that everything else about her series was terrible. not got the appeal for zjz's version...whatever her name is.
    The first girl is Liu Xue Hua 刘雪华. According to Baidu she was born in 1959 in Beijing. She moved to Hong Kong at the age of 5 and signed up with TVB. She was famous for participating in many Qiong Yao dramas.

She acted as Fan Bing Bing's mother-in-law in Rouge Snow.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/a22eaa36jw1dqaxdqbsi7j.jpg')

^ OMG that is Liu Xuehua as a young girl?! I totally didn't recognize her!!! But now that you mention it, I see the resemblance in the features!

Wow. *Mind blown.* Ok I admit I haven't really watched the TV series from the 80s, but I can't believe I had NO IDEA she played Ren Ying Ying! O_o I agree with patricia, solely based on the pictures she is my favourite one (although I also agree the others look pretty good as well). Yu Zheng has to see that YSS is no comparison to them...

I read an interesting fact about Mr Jin Yong and want to share it here. Surprisingly Mr Jin Yong used to be a director. In 1961 he was the scriptwriter and director for《王老虎抢亲》Tiger Wang Kidnapped the Bride". Ms Xia Meng 夏梦 was the female lead in this movie. Mr Jin Yong said no one has ever seen Xi Shi 西施 (one of the four beauties in China history) but he believed Xi Shi must have Xia Meng's well-deserved reputation. He directed the movie so that he could stay close to her. Although they didn't make it at the end but this left behind a wonderful memory. Mr Jin Yong directed only this movie in his life. People believe Mr Jin Yong might have her in mind in creating his characters of Xiao Long Nu and Wang Yu Yan 小龙女、王语嫣.

Ms Xia Meng (6 Feb 1933 - )
    http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/757f0f97jw1dn9cjuthmfj.jpg

Mr Jin Yong
    http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/496b2a65tw1dng61m3u0pj.jpg

Wow, Xia Meng is stunning.
    Last edited by mango_cake; 02-22-12 at 12:34 AM.

The first girl is Liu Xue Hua 刘雪华. According to Baidu she was born in 1959 in Beijing. She moved to Hong Kong at the age of 5 and signed up with TVB. She was famous for participating in many Qiong Yao dramas.

She acted as Fan Bing Bing's mother-in-law in Rouge Snow.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/a22eaa36jw1dqaxdqbsi7j.jpg')
    She was also 4th Prince's mother in Gong, Consort De.
    Need to stop being lazy...

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    this was from the hu ge thread. would've love this cast with wallace in sod
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwzI8...layer_embedded
    Even though I am not a Hu Ge fan, I also think he would make a good LHC. Heck, he already has the personality down . Love the choices for Lin Pingzhi and Yue Lingshan. Leila would make such a cute YLS.

I'm so looking forward to a wuxia drama... it has been so long without one!

What a cool mv! Thanks for sharing, tobeme. I think I watched all the series in the mv. Ah, it brings back such wonderful memories. I need to find some time and re-watch them. They don't make movies like they used to

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    even in MRXJ, I felt like Ruby/Sammul fell flat in their portrayal of the two leads since I found almost every other character, even the minor ones, more compelling. It was probably the strength of the script that made me not mind their rather dull acting in MRXJ).
    Yup, I love the first 20+ episodes of Schemes of Beauty, but the series only went downhill from there. I kinda stopped watching after they killed off Yang Mi's character. I too felt that Ruby and Sammul had zero chemistry and were so boring to watch.

Same reaction as mango_cake ! I had no idea that Liu Xue Hua took on the role of RYY. Well, in the 2000 version with Anita Yuen, LXH was also Dongfang Bubai. So she has starred in 2 productions of SOD.

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    Same reaction as mango_cake ! I had no idea that Liu Xue Hua took on the role of RYY. Well, in the 2000 version with Anita Yuen, LXH was also Dongfang Bubai. So she has starred in 2 productions of SOD.
    And they were both by the same producer, Yang Pei Pei
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    What a cool mv! Thanks for sharing, tobeme. I think I watched all the series in the mv. Ah, it brings back such wonderful memories. I need to find some time and re-watch them. They don't make movies like they used to :sigh
    I also love this MV and watched it dozen times already. I particularly like Lesie's character in this video. He looked cool and resembled more of a wanderer.