Page 6 of 229 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Swordsman 2012 《笑傲江湖》 - Wallace Huo, Joe Chen, Yuan Shan Shan

YSS has such a long face, I prefer Ady or YM than her, lol. Her face is not striking or have any distinguish feature. But then for every YZ's production, there will be lots of hype and anticipation. The acting and story line might fall flat, but the actors will shoot to fame, lol.

Joe Chen as DFBB? Is that some kind of joke?

This thread is moving really fast! Im really excited that there will be another SOD. Hopefully it is as good as the one with Jackie Liu.

let just say everything when downhill after I heard who play Joe Chen as DFBB, this series is DISASTER IN THE MAKING

Quote Originally Posted by bachtuyet View Post
    let just say everything when downhill after I heard who play Joe Chen as DFBB, this series is DISASTER IN THE MAKING
    I think you are a bit harsh, DFBB doesnt cover most of the screen times of this drama, don't forget that Wallace is the main lead. A small role won't ruin the whole drama. The whole drama do not just depend solely on DFBB's role. Just give them a benefit of the doubt.
    Not like Huang xiaoMing and Liu Yi Fei as the main leads in ROCH, they did ruined the drama to me because they covered most of the screen times and they were sux big time.

I have nothing against Joe Chen, but she looks too modern to play a wuxia character, much less DFBB. I highly doubt any actress can surpass Brigette Lin in the role. And what is wrong with having a man play this character?

If YSS is really going to play RYY, I'm super disappointed. I was so hoping for a Yang Mi/Wallace Huo pairing .

wow, i'm surprised by the number of ym/wallace shippers already. yes, i'm very much disappointed that ym didn't get this role. i agree that yss isn't striking in the least bit. she has nice features but when put together, she doesn't stand out.

actually yu zheng did post that wallace and joe chen are the main leads, so i understand why those who feel that this is a disaster in the making feel that way. i've only seen one series of joe chen and gave up on it as i did not find her charming enough as a lead to capture my interest. since this series is focusing heavily on lhc and dfbb (i guess yu zheng will be making dfbb a bigger villain than lhc's master), i guess that means there isn't too much focus on ryy. since yu zheng said that the budget will be used more for the production of the series than paying for expensive actors and actresses, that explains why he chose yss to play ryy. i hope there is an uproar in the chinese community over his recent casting decision and that will get him to change his mind. yeah, there's absolutely no chance that our prayers will be heard, but here's to hoping!
    Last edited by patricia n; 02-09-12 at 01:00 AM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by Hana6002 View Post
    I think you are a bit harsh, DFBB doesnt cover most of the screen times of this drama, don't forget that Wallace is the main lead. A small role won't ruin the whole drama. The whole drama do not just depend solely on DFBB's role. Just give them a benefit of the doubt.
    Not like Huang xiaoMing and Liu Yi Fei as the main leads in ROCH, they did ruined the drama to me because they covered most of the screen times and they were sux big time.
    I think the more disturbing part is that he said Wallace and Joe Chen are the male and female leads...which might mean that he's going down the Jet Li/Brigette Lin movie route. Given YZ's track record of distorting history and stories, it's not a surprise. I suppose the best way to view it is as an independent story that is coincidentally named "Xiao Ao Jiang Hu" rather than view it as an adaption. It will probably be more enjoyable that way, if you plan on watching it, that is.

If Yu Zheng can have Xiang Wu and Lu Zhi have some kind of love story in his other drama, I would be surprised if he didn't have LHC and DFBB as lovers here. Which is interesting, esp. if Wallace and Joe will be LHC and DFBB. Wallace and Joe aren't on the best terms in real life (unless that has changed recently) so I'm surprised how he got them to agree.

The best thing about this so far is having Wallace for LHC.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    If Yu Zheng can have Xiang Wu and Lu Zhi have some kind of love story in his other drama, I would be surprised if he didn't have LHC and DFBB as lovers here. Which is interesting, esp. if Wallace and Joe will be LHC and DFBB. Wallace and Joe aren't on the best terms in real life (unless that has changed recently) so I'm surprised how he got them to agree.

The best thing about this so far is having Wallace for LHC.
    Whatever the turn out of the story, I dont think Joe Chen is the female lead of this drama, Yu Zheng is just using these two names Wallace and Joe to promote and create more hype for his coming drama. Remember the Chinese rule that either male or female lead in a Chinese drama has to be Chinese citizen, both Wallace and Joe are not Chinese citizen as we know it.
    So whatever he does, Yuan shan Shan will definitely more screen time than Joe for sure. Otherwise Wallace wouldn't have agree to be in this drama to start opposite Joe Chen and having love lines with her.

Tobeme: how does the Chinese drama community react to the news of Joe as DFBB?

I have faith in Wallace for choosing this drama.

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    and here's a picture of her playing the qin...any Ren Ying Ying vibe?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/96ee0160gw1dpovc2yc9bj.jpg')
    If YSS is going to be RYY, then the makup department must do something about her sleepy eyes! She looks like she is about to whine and cry in these pics! YSS is really a miscast. My first thought of RYY in this version would ahve been Tang Yan! Maybe Yu Zheng is casting YSS so that audience has no choice but to root for LHC and DFBB!

Hate the female casts! None of them give me a wuxia feel!

What does Deng Sha look like?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Hana6002 View Post
    Tobeme: how does the Chinese drama community react to the news of Joe as DFBB?

I have faith in Wallace for choosing this drama.
    Here are the 4 main females in the drama. The Chinese community think Wallace is probably the best looking of them all and they will just focus more on the male cast.

Clock wise: Yuan Shan Shan as Ren Ying Ying, Yang Rong as Yue Ling Shan, Joe Chen as Dong Fang Bu Bai, and Deng Sha as Yi Ling

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/6bccb7bbtw1dpv5bzh1hjj.jpg')

is this the real confirm cast for the female leads? they aren't attractive tbh.

what happened to the other beautiful mainland actresses?

seems like there going with the singapore legendary swordsmen route n have linghu chong have love interest with dfbb.

hopefully they make the 9 recluse stance look cooler with better special effects. something the other tv serials haven't don't yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tobeme View Post
    Here are the 4 main females in the drama. The Chinese community think Wallace is probably the best looking of them all and they will just focus more on the male cast.

Clock wise: Yuan Shan Shan as Ren Ying Ying, Yang Rong as Yue Ling Shan, Joe Chen as Dong Fang Bu Bai, and Deng Sha as Yi Ling

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/6bccb7bbtw1dpv5bzh1hjj.jpg')
    Oh My god...I do think Wallace is the most beautiful or the best looking out of them too hahahahha

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    is this the real confirm cast for the female leads? they aren't attractive tbh.

what happened to the other beautiful mainland actresses?
    These actresses are all Yu's girls. They have appeared in his numerous dramas. So far Yu only confirmed Yang Rong, Joe Chen and Deng Sha. Yuan Shan Shan playing Ren Ying Ying appeared in a Tainya thread. It said yss confirmed she'll finish a drama by this month and she will start working on SOD again in March.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post

Luanee, you know who she is. She's the cricket master's (son) wife in Strange Hero.
    Erm i think i need to rewatch lol... dont rem any cricket master's son's wife hee...

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    and here's a picture of her playing the qin...any Ren Ying Ying vibe?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/96ee0160gw1dpovc2yc9bj.jpg')
    She looks like Ma Xiang Yun (QSHF) in this pic haha...

Quote Originally Posted by tobeme View Post

I think the Yi Ling looks alright, if without that shocked expression in this pic

Anyway lets see how they look in the SOD costumes first

Quote Originally Posted by Luanee View Post
    I think the Yi Ling looks alright, if without that shocked expression in this pic

Anyway lets see how they look in the SOD costumes first
    Nope, Deng Sha's look is just ok. I looked thru her weibo and this is the best pic I could find:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/637686a1jw1dgr01vhh18j.jpg')

[QUOTE=tobeme;1026602]

Think they can find a better looking RYY and DFBB.

Yu Zheng has emphasized again that SOD is his first male oriented drama and that he would be 'faithful' to the novel. Ummm, I'm not sure about that with having a woman playing dfbb.

Anyway, somehow I think he purposely picked the current female cast so that the audience would focus more on the male cast so that his goal of a 'male oriented' drama could be achieved. Let's take a look of the male cast:

Wallace as Ling Hu Chong: 20 something and has a long square face, sharp brows, thin lips.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/9021a1b6gw1dpih28z8y9j.jpg')

Han Dong as Tian Bo Guang: 30 something, white skin and not bad looking
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/6af18b7cgw1dlml8uv26ej.jpg')

Chen Xiao as Lin Ping Zhi: around 17 and looks like his mother. Handsome and looks feminine.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/4d3ea1d7gw1dkq671ir3ej.jpg')

Huang Wen Hao as Yue Bu Qun: around 60 but looks 40 something. Has a good man appearance.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/6f03972bgw1djtlum8h9dj.jpg')