Page 9 of 229 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Swordsman 2012 《笑傲江湖》 - Wallace Huo, Joe Chen, Yuan Shan Shan

I'm excited that my favorite actor Wallace is playing Ling Hu Chong! Hope Yu won't mess around with the scripts! I'm looking forward to the stills. If they must use YSS or Joe Chen, I hope the stylists could make them beautiful. Of coz I hope the stylists won't mess up LHC as well!

I am half way through this series now, and yes I think this series is a bit slow, LHC is injured from start...

I do really hope Yu Zheng will stay true to the novel to at least 80 to 90% otherwise I will end up hating the drama, and with Wallace in it, I dont what that to happen.

Wallace's side still hasn't confirm his part in this drama. It's so much like him...the noisier it gets, the quieter he stays.

Indeed the story is slowly developed in the original Jin Yong novel. If they want to have a more exciting onscreen story, fast track is needed.

If I were Yu Zheng, this is a good chance to make a good drama by sticking to the original novel as a way to clear his bad reputation of copying and spoiling the original stories. SOD has a really good story and it's a no brainer to waste it. It's really unnecessary.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/62037b5ajw1dq1wmmq8f3g.gif')

Hengdian World Studios announced the making of SOD. It said they heard Wallace will be in the show but then they sarcastically stated "what happened to DMY?"

@横店影视城娱乐频道 : 横店影视城本周剧组拍摄动态(新版#笑傲江湖#已在筹备中,据说有霍霍~,$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/58/mb_org.gif') 不过DMY肿么办)$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/af/kl_org.gif') http://www.hengdianworld.com/Item/756.aspx

Visitors to the studios require to pay a fee to enter. Hengdian World Studios is a hot spot for tourists in China. Sounds like a good place for my next trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Hana6002 View Post
    Wallace's side still hasn't confirm his part in this drama. It's so much like him...the noisier it gets, the quieter he stays.
    Indeed this is really Wallace's style: the noisier it gets, the quiter he stays. But I don't know whether this is good in terms of building his popularity in the show biz.. He's too low profile and some fans are impatient. But to think about it some of the stars who jointed the show biz at the same time as he was didn't make their names at all after all these years although they were once popular. But I believe he should be more popular if he's a bit more high profile.

only Wallace is confirm, the rest of the cast is still under discussion right?

Quote Originally Posted by bachtuyet View Post
    only Wallace is confirm, the rest of the cast is still under discussion right?
    So far only Yu Zheng said he has signed a contract with Wallace. But really I'm not sure whether to trust him or not about it. Since this drama will be aired in mid March, an official announcement should be made soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ichiban View Post
    So far only Yu Zheng said he has signed a contract with Wallace. But really I'm not sure whether to trust him or not about it. Since this drama will be aired in mid March, an official announcement should be made soon.
    Not airing, they will start filming it in Mid March. We haven't heard anything from Wallace's side either so just have to wait and see. Wallace signed up with him was only his side of the story. And most of the female leads haven't signed with Yu Zheng yet. I am keeping my finger cross for RYY's role. I hope he will get somebody capable, not his favourite girl, they will ruin the drama one way or the other.

Yu has a press interview in Hengdian World Studios today and he said he has high expectations for SOD. Have to wait for the press contents to come out and hope he didn't comment anything nonsense.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/6fe6b187jw1dq3x26jhy9j.jpg')

Oh thank goodness nothing has been confirmed yet. Yu's statements are not very trustworthy. I will believe the info only when there are confirmation from the cast. Praying really hard for Yang Mi to be RYY (a miracle can still happen). Or at least someone more suitable than the women named so far.

good thing the female cast isn't confirmed yet. there way way better actress in mainland that deserves the leading roles etc.

Well Wallace is definitely my favourite part of this cast so far, so if he is the only one that comes true, I will still be thrilled, haha.

I'd even prefer relative newbies to YSS (and maybe Joe Chen). At least if it was something new, I wouldn't be going into it with previous biases...and would have hope that they could do a good job... (Then again, I thought Liu Jing, as a relative newbie, was a disappointment after being cast as ZZR in HSDS, so maybe it's not a good idea either. >_<)

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    Oh thank goodness nothing has been confirmed yet. Yu's statements are not very trustworthy. I will believe the info only when there are confirmation from the cast. Praying really hard for Yang Mi to be RYY (a miracle can still happen). Or at least someone more suitable than the women named so far.
    I'm definitely not holding out any hope...but hey, I just read that Yang Mi's next movie project (Mulan Qi Yuan), which was due to start filming in March, may be delayed due to various issues--so she is considering other roles right now! (Most likely to be other movie roles, since TV series do take quite some time to film and therefore it'd probably clash with her later filming schedule...but...at least this gives me a 0.1% sliver of hope? Lol. But then, Yu Zheng hasn't even mentioned considering her for a role in XAJH so... T__T )

i really wished tangren would make more jin yong novels. or at least this one. really wanted tang yan or ady to play the role as ryy. i like tangren choices in actors/actress as well as there ost.

what series have this director/producer made that are wuxia base?

this was from the hu ge thread. would've love this cast with wallace in sod
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwzI8...layer_embedded

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    i really wished tangren would make more jin yong novels. or at least this one. really wanted tang yan or ady to play the role as ryy. i like tangren choices in actors/actress as well as there ost.
    Personally I really wish TR would make more historical idol series (I know that sounds kinda contradictory, but it's how I describe Yang Warriors, lol). After their disastrous attempt at adapting LOCH (only highlights out of that one was Ouyang Ke, and some of Yuan Hong as well as Ariel's scenes), I'm not really wanting to see more idol-style Jin Yong from them.

But SNYJJ was, I thought, absolutely brilliant--still one of my favourite series to date!! I'm sad they just seemed to give up on that genre and went back to video game adaptations (I mean, I know CP1 and CP3 were really big successes for them so it makes sense...but I disliked both >_<).

I agree on their good cast and OST choices though (in general)!

I'm so looking forward to a wuxia drama... it has been so long without one!

江湖笑 恩怨了 jiāng hú xiào ēn yuàn le
    人过招 笑藏刀 rén guò zhāo xiào cáng dāo
    红尘笑 笑寂寥 hóng chén xiào xiào jì liáo
    心太高 到不了 xīn tài gāo dào bù le
    明月照 路迢迢 míng yuè zhào lù tiáo tiáo
    人会老 心不老 rén huì lǎo xīn bù lǎo
    爱不到 放不掉 ài bù dào fàng bù diào
    忘不了 你的好 wàng bù le nǐ de hǎo
    看似花非花 雾非雾 kàn sì huā fēi huā wù fēi wù
    滔滔江水留不住 tāo tāo jiāng shuǐ líu bù zhù
    一身豪情壮志 铁傲骨 yī shēn háo qíng zhuàng zhì tiě ào gǔ
    原来英雄是孤独 yuán lái yīng xióng shì gū dú
    江湖笑 爱逍遥 jiāng hú xiào ài xiāo yáo
    琴或萧 酒来倒 qín huò xiāo jǐu lái dǎo
    仰天笑 全忘了 yǎng tiān xiào quán wàng le
    潇酒如风 轻飘飘 xiāo jǐu rú fēng qīng piāo piāo
    江湖笑 爱逍遥 jiāng hú xiào ài xiāo yáo
    爱或恨 都不要 ài huò hèn dōu bù yào
    仰天笑 全忘了 yǎng tiān xiào quán wàng le
    潇酒如风 轻飘飘 xiāo jǐu rú fēng qīng piāo piāo

Former Ren Ying Ying - who do you like best?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/6b448d75gw1do17251m20j.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post

what series have this director/producer made that are wuxia base?
    I've watched 4 of Yu Zheng's production and they're either very flower-y or more serious. Gong, Gong 2, The Lion's Roar, Concubines of the Qing Emperor are in his flower-y side, made me surprised that a guy wrote them. They're so saturated with sappy stuff and clicheness and scenes taken from popular dramas. There's also other better ones, but they weren't memorable. I think that his Beauties of the Emperor might be good and his popular Schemes of a Beauty with Ruby Lin should be good as well.

If you want comparison in terms of wuxia, you should see what Yu Zheng did with Legend of Chu Liu Xiang 2007. Not just storyline changes, but also character personality changes.

^ Yup, "Schemes of a Beauty (MRXJ)" remains the only Yu Zheng drama I like. When he does things well, it's REALLY good--I absolutely loved the first 25 or so episodes of MRXJ and felt for sure it would go on my top favourite dramas list...everything was almost perfect (costumes, sets, music, character personalities, political intrigue, romance, just the right amount of scheming...battle scenes could be improved though). Unfortunately, the second half fell into his usual style of sappiness, cliches, and melodrama, which I hated. The rest of his dramas I didn't find that appealing. In fact, the only other one I even watched in full was Gong (which I thought was terrible for the most part but had some bright spots--i.e. FengMi--which kept me watching). All his others, I watched parts of some but just didn't feel compelled to continue.

Since MRXJ is adapted from a novel as well, I do have my fingers crossed XAJH could turn out good (if he doesn't put too much of his own "creative" input in--because his "original" scripts are mostly terrible ). Previously I had some misgivings about whether or not Yu Zheng could do wuxia fight/battle scenes well, but after seeing the trailer of "Bounty Hunter" (which has some very cool wuxia-esque fight scenes) he's assuaged my fears there.

Still nervous about the cast though. While on the whole Yu Zheng has a pretty impressive talent of choosing a star-studded ensemble cast (with even the cameos being actors I adore), there seems to always be someone who doesn't fit the role well (e.g. Mickey was miscast as 4th prince in Gong, IMO; YSS was terribly miscast in Gong 2; even in MRXJ, I felt like Ruby/Sammul fell flat in their portrayal of the two leads since I found almost every other character, even the minor ones, more compelling. It was probably the strength of the script that made me not mind their rather dull acting in MRXJ).

Mickey's portrayal of 4th prince in Gong 1 was unbearable already, but his portrayal of Yong Zhen in Gong 2 was slaughter. Back then he kept claiming that his portrayal of this historical figure was most accurate. Now he says that his portrayal of SOD in history perspective is most accurate. He must be seeing stuff in very special light to come up with this stuff.

Not just with Yu Zheng, but I really don't like it when they keep using the same pool of actor/actresses for their productions. It gets tiring. Especially if you like the production team (producer, scriptwriter, director,...), but it's so limiting when they like using the same actors all the time. Really hope that they utilize a wider pool. Same pool for side characters is alright, but it's more enjoyable when they use more variety for main leads. I think Wallace only worked with Yu Zheng once and he's pretty fresh face for with those popular wuxia title.

But then again, it seems like for his casting talk, Yu Zheng is pretty much brainstorming publicly. So....it might not be finalized.