Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deaths that you were 'happy' about

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Yep. Kwan Chung always played the villain, but a *classy* villain.

Kwan's Cheun Gwoon Ching died trying to thwart the Mo Yungs from taking over the Beggar's Union, but he was no Kiu Fung.
    He may be no Qiao Feng, but it seems he died a heroic death, or at least died for a good cause. not quite a death we would be 'happy' about, I guess. Chan Wingchun's was a perfect death for a scumbag. If TVB weren't so strict I'd upload that scene on Youtube...

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    Chan Wingchun's was a perfect death for a scumbag. If TVB weren't so strict I'd upload that scene on Youtube...
    Do you mean Quan Guanqing's death scene? I don't have the clip, but I do have some shots.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i46.tinypic.com/30bikx4.jpg')
    Quan Guanqing and the two Beggar Sect Elders.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i50.tinypic.com/4fwbx5.jpg')
    After being smashed on the head as blood drips down his face.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i47.tinypic.com/2elchzc.jpg')
    And he dies with his eyes open.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i46.tinypic.com/295foz6.jpg')
    His body still twitches as he lays on the ground.
    Simon the Snowblower.
    Check out hilarious Jin Yong Adaptations' bloopers!

Quote Originally Posted by Yuet Thi View Post
    Do you mean Quan Guanqing's death scene? I don't have the clip, but I do have some shots.
    Without trying to sound morbid, those shots bring back some very VERY fond memories!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    Without trying to sound morbid, those shots bring back some very VERY fond memories!
    i don't blame you for being morbid. cause that would make me morbid cause those memories where fond for me too
    If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
    If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;

GWM would be one of them.

I was pretty happy when Madame Ma died, though the way she died was pretty creepy and sad.

Kong Kum and his son Kong Yuk Lan (Two Most Honourable Knights).

Au Yeung Hak and Yeung Hong of LOCH82
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 11-27-14 at 02:00 AM.

Ren Woxing in most of the XAJH adaptations. He was an unreasonable father and ruthless tyrant he certainly deserves to die

Chiu Chi Kin and Duan Chi Ping of ROCH
    Yeun Nan Hong Lit and Ghenghis Khan of LOCH

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Yeun Nan Hong Lit and Ghenghis Khan of LOCH
    The former yes, the latter I kind of admired.

He did raise GJ with no ulterior motives.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post

Genghis Khan invaded many countries. He destroyed millions of families, cause millions of deaths. He committed countless crimes against humanity.

Genghis Khan invaded many countries. He destroyed millions of families, cause millions of deaths. He committed countless crimes against humanity.
    And yet it was the Chinese, not the Mongols, who broke their alliance by attacking the other. Throughout history, among states, betraying one's allies is about the worst crime there is, and the Chinese did it against the Mongols. What say you to this?

perhaps some Mongolian fortune teller told him that a kid by the name of GJ will help him to defeat the Jin in the future which is why he did what he did.

I was referring to the fictional character in LOCH rather than the historical one. In LOCH Genghis Khan was portrayed as a valiant leader who had the interest of his people at heart.

However even the historical one was not without admirable qualities. We might not agree with his methods but its hard not to admire his results. How many other orphans on the steppes could rise to created the largest connected empire in history.

Quote Originally Posted by Malevolent View Post
    perhaps some Mongolian fortune teller told him that a kid by the name of GJ will help him to defeat the Jin in the future which is why he did what he did.
    If that was the case then he should get his money back as the fortune teller forgot the bit about GJ becoming the Mongol Empire's nemesis for three generations.

I was referring to the fictional character in LOCH rather than the historical one. In LOCH Genghis Khan was portrayed as a valiant leader who had the interest of his people at heart.

However even the historical one was not without admirable qualities. We might not agree with his methods but its hard not to admire his results. How many other orphans on the steppes could rise to created the largest connected empire in history.
    Qiu Chuji thought highly of Genghis Khan, having met the man in person and spoken with him.

If that was the case then he should get his money back as the fortune teller forgot the bit about GJ becoming the Mongol Empire's nemesis for three generations.
    Maybe the fortune teller intentionally did not tell him the second bit? was it 3 generations? Thought it was two?

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    And yet it was the Chinese, not the Mongols, who broke their alliance by attacking the other. Throughout history, among states, betraying one's allies is about the worst crime there is, and the Chinese did it against the Mongols. What say you to this?
    Of course the Song should not do what they did to the Mongol. It's a fatal mistake by the Song Dynasty. It gave the Mongol the reason to attack them. However, the Mongol invaded and genocide many many other countries that did not do anything to them.

Sure, he had the interest of his people at heart but he lead them in the wrong way. Instead of invasion, he should push for peace treaty with both the Jin, Song and other countries. He should push for free trade that allow his people open business such as shop and restaurant in Jin and Song.

Well, he caused countless million deaths due to his invasion.

Sure, he had the interest of his people at heart but he lead them in the wrong way. Instead of invasion, he should push for peace treaty with both the Jin, Song and other countries. He should push for free trade that allow his people open business such as shop and restaurant in Jin and Song.

Well, he caused countless million deaths due to his invasion.
    Which goes to show how little you know about the subject. Genghis attacked the Jin in combination with the Song, so the Chinese were equally culpable in that war. As mentioned before, the Chinese were principally at fault for attacking the Mongols and starting that war. And Genghis actually tried to establish trade with the Khwarezmians, but one of their provincial governors raided the caravan, and the Khwarezmian ruler refused to give satisfaction.

Post unification, just about the only war Genghis engaged in that wasn't to avenge a wrong to his people was the expedition by Jebe and Subedei to the west, and that happened because a Georgian people explicitly asked him to liberate them from their tyrannous ruler. Which they did, to the Georgians' gratitude. And even there, there are Chinese antecedents, especially during the expansionist Han dynasty, which saw one Chinese general reach as far as the borders of the Parthian empire.

Go read some history books and educate yourself instead of repeating your ill-informed guff.