Thread: Could a psychologist/therapist have helped the GWM overcome his performance anxiety?

Default Could a psychologist/therapist have helped the GWM overcome his performance anxiety?

The Golden Wheel Monk is known as one of the biggest chokers in wulin. Despite having power and skill that could match him favorably against the Greats of the Central Plains, he constantly loses either to them or even weaker opponents due to his lack of mental clutch.

If psychologists/therapists as we know them today were available to the Golden Wheel Monk, could a good one have helped the Golden Wheel Monk overcome his performance anxiety and actually stop choking away fights he could win?

There's definitely potential
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

The modern therapy industry would consider many of JY's characters to be potential patients.

YG --- oedipal complex

HCQ --- food issues

LHC --- substance abuse issues

DFBB, YBQ, LPZ --- gender issues

All of the above plus ZLC and RWX --- megalomania

WXB --- psychopathic tendencies, as well as sex/gambling addiction

Princess Jianning --- sado-masochism

ZWJ --- chronic indecisiveness

Anger Management for Ladies: HR, GF, ZM, RYY, YSS, LMC --- this will teach them to stop cutting arms, ears, asking people to blind themselves, etc. for the most trivial reasons.
    Last edited by sandy1; 05-26-12 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sandy1 View Post
    The modern therapy industry would consider many of JY's characters to be potential patients.

YG --- oedipal complex

HCQ --- food issues

LHC --- substance abuse issues

DFBB, YBQ, LPZ --- gender issues

All of the above plus ZLC and RWX --- megalomania

WXB --- psychopathic tendencies, as well as sex/gambling addiction

Princess Jianning --- sado-masochism

ZWJ --- chronic indecisiveness

Anger Management for Ladies: HR, GF, ZM, RYY, YSS, LMC --- this will teach them to stop cutting arms, ears, asking people to blind themselves, etc. for the most trivial reasons.
    The shrinks would make a killing (pun intended) on wulin mental patients.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    The shrinks would make a killing (pun intended) on wulin mental patients.
    Hahaha. But the difficulty would be to find a therapist who is willing to take the risk. After all, all of these potential patients are powerful martial artists. Many of them would kill without blinking. Imagine what they would do if they aren't happy with the advice or the hourly fees.

The only one among them that is probably safe to treat is the compassionate ZWJ.

Hahaha. But the difficulty would be to find a therapist who is willing to take the risk. After all, all of these potential patients are powerful martial artists. Many of them would kill without blinking. Imagine what they would do if they aren't happy with the advice or the hourly fees.

The only one among them that is probably safe to treat is the compassionate ZWJ.
    Cheung Mo Gei would *be* the shrink.

Cheung Mo Gei would *be* the shrink.
    Ah yes, I completely overlooked ZWJ's medical abilities. He'd make a good shrink! I'd advise him not to receive lady patients, though, especially the pretty ones.

Ah yes, I completely overlooked ZWJ's medical abilities. He'd make a good shrink! I'd advise him not to receive lady patients, though, especially the pretty ones.
    Yeah. Malpractice would ensue.

I don't know if he'd be able to advise the Golden Wheel Monk much on choking either, considering he seems to have a similar problem himself.

Yeah. Malpractice would ensue.

I don't know if he'd be able to advise the Golden Wheel Monk much on choking either, considering he seems to have a similar problem himself.
    I agree. JLFW should look for another shrink. ZWJ should specialize on conducting anger management classes. He'd be able to overwhelm the fiercer wulin personalities with his compassionate teachings, and if all else fails, he'd be able to subdue them with his high level of martial arts.

As for the pretty lady patients --- yes, ZWJ would definitely get sued.

I agree. JLFW should look for another shrink. ZWJ should specialize on conducting anger management classes. He'd be able to overwhelm the fiercer wulin personalities with his compassionate teachings, and if all else fails, he'd be able to subdue them with his high level of martial arts.

As for the pretty lady patients --- yes, ZWJ would definitely get sued.
    Cheung Mo Gei could have worked wonders for Kau Cheen Yan.

Cheung Mo Gei could have worked wonders for Kau Cheen Yan.
    He should definitely invite Reverend Yideng to be a guest speaker at his anger management class.

Yideng's soft chanting was somewhat effective, but much more effective was actually confronting QQR's demons, like HR recreating his fear of the baby's mother, and YG making him feel death.

This is consistent with my experience in real life that confrontation is the best way to address a big problem.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」