Thread: Causes of Poverty

Default Causes of Poverty

http://asianfanatics.net/forum/topic...es-of-poverty/
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse' timestamp='1335201458' post='7080657
    - Over 3 billion people (about half of the world) live on less than $2.5 a day and at least 80% of humanity lives on less than $10 a day.
    - 1 billion children live in poverty. 640 million live without adequate shelter, 400 million have no access to safe water, 270 million have no access to health services.
    - About 21,000 children die every day around the world due to silent killers: poverty, hunger, malnutrition, diseases and illnesses that can be easily prevented, and other related causes.
    - Nearly a billion people entered the 21st century unable to read a book or sign their names.

Now just tell us what causes of that poverty do you think? It’s so easy to blame poor people for their own predicament, laziness, poorly-made decisions… but what about their governments and other global causes? Let’s take a deeper look at the problem and attend the discussion of whether or not we can win in this fighting against poverty in the end.
    I found this topic from asianfanatics.net and I think this is a great topic for debate.
    As for what I think, I think poverty is mostly self inflicted. If you work hard and live responsibly, you might not be rich but you will live a decent life. You will not be poor.

There are both micro and macro factors. Micro are what you refer to - individuals are responsible for their own lives. On the other hand, macro factors may play a part. E.g. government corruption, government increase of taxes may make a "rich" person "poor".

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    http://asianfanatics.net/forum/topic...es-of-poverty/

I found this topic from asianfanatics.net and I think this is a great topic for debate.
    As for what I think, I think poverty is mostly self inflicted. If you work hard and live responsibly, you might not be rich but you will live a decent life. You will not be poor.
    If your environment provides little to no opportunities, it doesn't matter how hard you work or live responsibly - you still get shut down.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I think poverty is mostly self inflicted. If you work hard and live responsibly, you might not be rich but you will live a decent life. You will not be poor.
    Most poor people on this planet has very little choice in their poverty, they are born to it, they can work their hands to the bones (and most do) and will never escape the poverty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimeron View Post
    Most poor people on this planet has very little choice in their poverty, they are born to it, they can work their hands to the bones (and most do) and will never escape the poverty.
    There are newly immigrants from third world countries to US/Canada/Australia/ect. with no English and no wealth and still able to move up the ladder by working two minimum wage jobs as a dish washer. While there are thousand of excuses from the lefty regarding why a young people who grew up in US/Canada/Australia with english as their first language and still live in so call poverty. If you watch the reality show "The First 48", you will see how the so called ghetto who are on welfare having many many children and enjoying crack/drugs/alcohol/tobacco on their daily basis. With lifestyle like that, they deserve to be in poverty.

In first world countries like US/Canada/Australia, being in poverty is totally self inflicted as opportunity is always there. The job may pay only minimum wage but that is still more than enough to go by. I am just sick of all those lefties who love to make all kinds of excuse for those so called live in poverty.

There are newly immigrants from third world countries to US/Canada/Australia/ect. with no English and no wealth and still able to move up the ladder by working two minimum wage jobs as a dish washer. While there are thousand of excuses from the lefty regarding why a young people who grew up in US/Canada/Australia with english as their first language and still live in so call poverty. If you watch the reality show "The First 48", you will see how the so called ghetto who are on welfare having many many children and enjoying crack/drugs/alcohol/tobacco on their daily basis. With lifestyle like that, they deserve to be in poverty.

In first world countries like US/Canada/Australia, being in poverty is totally self inflicted as opportunity is always there. The job may pay only minimum wage but that is still more than enough to go by. I am just sick of all those lefties who love to make all kinds of excuse for those so called live in poverty.
    I don't think we are talking about the same demography here, in the topic you quoted with the 3 billion figure it is mostly about absolute poverty all over the world. First world nations has some of the highest class mobility. If we go by internationally defined Poverty line there is almost no absolute poverty in first world nations.

Vast majority of 3 billion poverty stricken people are not in first world, they live in third world shit holes. Should have clarified about the "poor" in Western countries.

You start a thread on world poverty and then goes on to back up your view with generalisation from developed countries. Please educate the lefties on this thread on this: How many of those 3 billion people have access to government welfare? What is the minimum wage in a war infested subsaharan country?

Has asianfanatic banned you for trolling?
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.