Page 1 of 55 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils 2013 《天龙八部》 - Wallace Chung, Jia Qing

Default Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils 2013 《天龙八部》 - Wallace Chung, Jia Qing

**Will update when more information are release. In the meantime $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/14/tza_thumb.gif')

Cast:
    Wallace Chung as Qiao Feng
    Kim Kibum as Duan Yu
    Han Dong as Xu Zhu
    Jia Qing as Ah Zhu/Ah Zi
    Zhang Meng as Wang Yuyan
    Zhao Yuan Yuan as Mu Wanqing
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 12-02-12 at 03:15 PM.

Booting ceremony.....

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i46.tinypic.com/2hey9zp.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i48.tinypic.com/2r2oy0p.jpg')

Wallace Chung as Qiao Feng
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i45.tinypic.com/episxz.jpg')
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 11-10-12 at 01:10 AM.

Who are he female lead??? So far only hear of the male lead but not about the female

OMG, seriously, Wallace looks like he just got kicked out of some homeless shelter because his awful outfit was taking up too much space. Well, at least, he appears warm, since the weather looks cold. But OMG. Now I long for that curly wig he used to have in Ni Shui Han. At least, his outfit in that drama was decent and he didn't look like a bum. I hate being so critical and negative, but I can't help being disappointed with his outfit and hair. I want him to look NICE!

for some reason, i don't think wallace is suited for the role. I can't explain it, but in my opinion, Wallace expression and acting is lacking to play the role.
    "The true value of a human being can be found in the degree to which he has attained liberation form the self." - Albert Einstein

Currently Writing: Lotus in the Wind
    Dragon, Phoenix, and Flower

^I agree. I also feel that he's not epic enough. I already feel that this production won't match the 2003 one.

exactly. even though the actor that version wasn't drop dead gorgeous, but his acting really came through in the role. I feel in love with his character instantly. as for Wallace, he lacks that skill. I saw him in Magic Blade, but even in there, he doesn't shine in his character. I hope he doesn't butcher this role. I really love Qiao Feng, whose character is the most crucial in the story, so destroying his character would definitely destroy the whole serie as well.

but i'm more curious about the leading ladies and the couple who's playing the Dali Prince and the woman he fell in love with (forgot her name).
    "The true value of a human being can be found in the degree to which he has attained liberation form the self." - Albert Einstein

Since it is merely an adaptation, following the book or borrowing from previous adaptations is boring, I wish they'll change it so "Qiao Feng" doesn't die at the end... Perhaps kill-off Duan Yu and Wang Yuyan, instead .

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    Since it is merely an adaptation, following the book or borrowing from previous adaptations is boring, I wish they'll change it so "Qiao Feng" doesn't die at the end... Perhaps kill-off Duan Yu and Wang Yuyan, instead .
    lol, though i agree with the first part, I'M AGAINST KILLING DUAN YU AND WANG YUYAN!!! they're like my favorite pairing from the 2003 version and there's no point in killing them. LOL. ^_^ but def. keep Qiao Feng alive, with the woman he loves (not that spoiled evil "sister-in-law" of his).

I figure some of the good characters must have tragic endings, it might as well be anyone, BUT Qiao Feng. I think they REALLY do need much more than 40eps to capture the essence of the story.

eg. one possible change, Duan Yu can sacrifice himself for Wang Yuyan and in turn she now realize her mistake in loving the wrong person, can repay it by "wrap her hands around Duan Yu" and flying off a cliff together, just like the 2003 series did w/ the evil sister-in-law & Qiao Feng... hehe, just kidding of course
    Last edited by szfong; 11-10-12 at 06:14 PM.

Lol szfong. U must have a thing. Against Duan yu and Yuyan. It seem like u want to torture them. I don't care much for it as long as qiao feng get a happy ending. I feel really bad for him. Now, I just wish the couples get more development than in the previous version.

Why are they making a new series?? Waste of money, time, and energy...

I watch DGSD for the martial arts .

Can never get enough of the very concept of Liu Mai Shen Jian/6 Meridian Spiritual Sword. They better make it good!

Wait...the guy that plays Duan Yu is KOREAN?????????? o_O

Yes he's Korean.

OMG another one? I don't care who they cast for the rest of the roles, but Wallace as QF is a major disappointment. He lacks the aura. And that scarf is too modern looking.

I watched some of Wallace as FHX and it was disappointing. I think Wallace can act well (when he does have an ugly hairstyle ike a beehive) but he does not have the presence of a macho alpha male wuxia hero with a killer instinct. He does not formidiable enough to cause the fear in his opponents at JuXian Manor. I think Hu Jun was great casting decision.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Well just don't ruin it. I might watch it...thought I just watched the 2003 one this summer.

When's it gonna air? Can I see more picturesssss???

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I watched some of Wallace as FHX and it was disappointing. I think Wallace can act well (when he does have an ugly hairstyle ike a beehive) but he does not have the presence of a macho alpha male wuxia hero with a killer instinct. He does not formidiable enough to cause the fear in his opponents at JuXian Manor. I think Hu Jun was great casting decision.
    i definitely agree with you here. This adaptation may be a disappointment already. however, I'm crossing my finger that it's at least passable and enjoyable. Or at least allow Qiao Feng to to stay alive at the end.

I've been holding off on watching Zhang Ji Zhong's 2003 adaptation this whole time, as I figured a new one was due.

However, I still may end up watching the old version instead, unless Yu Zheng, Li Guo Li, Gao Xi Xi, or Cheng Li Dong is producing or directing this.

Otherwise, ZJZ's will still be the superior version, undoubtedly.

Of course, it also comes down the cast.

So far, I'm not impressed with the names released.

The cast has to surpass the line-up of Hu Jun, Liu Yi Fei, Liu Tao, Chen Hao, and Shu Chang ... a couple of whom became household names thanks to ZJZ's adaptation.

It also comes down to # of episodes.

40 episodes is just too few for a novel with over 200 characters.

The 2003 version also had CRAP theme music, which is borderline unacceptable for a CHINESE TV series.
    Last edited by PrinceKrillo; 11-11-12 at 05:23 PM.
    http://kibescorporation.blogspot.com/
    "The Universe is Zero-Sum ... Opposing Forces Maintaining an Intricate and Eternal Balance."
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

Well anybody can surpass Liu Yifei...besides appearance that is. I'd rather want some ugly and talented than someone beautiful and blah.

I don't think I'll get used to the new version...I basically grew up with the 2003 version. I remembered i got creeped out by it when I was five....that scary blood-sucking woman
    ! teehee.

Why they made a Korean actor play in it?? It just doesn't make any sense. Does anybody have a picture of him in tradional attire??