Thread: Clean Up before Guests Come Over

Default Clean Up before Guests Come Over

Do you clean up your home before your guests are scheduled to come or you don't bother cleaning up at all? Do you think your friends or guests care at all or is it just because you are embarrassed of the clutter/messiness? Why do you think we even bother with the pretense of a cleaned and tidy home? Or are you among the few who are OCD and keep their home neat and clean all the time? Discuss.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I clean up. The bathroom gets special attention. I don't want my guests to feel disgusted or grossed out by all the mess and dirtiness. My friends and guests care because majority of them are clean freaks. I'm not a clean freak but I like things to be neat and orderly.

A clean home is good for our health and helps prevent pests from crawling in, e.g. ants and roaches. Also if you clean your home on a daily or frequent basis, dirt doesn't get a chance to build up as much and so makes cleaning a whole lot easier each time. As much as I like a clean home, my home is, unfortunately, a mess all the time. So a surprise visit or unannounced drop-by is not really a good idea, as doing so would expose you, the guest, to unsightly sights and offensive odor.

It depends on the type of guest with me. If it's really close friends who come over often, I really won't clean up too much. It can actually be rather messy and I'm ok with it. If it's like my parents or parents friend's then I feel obligated to clean up to save face.

OK. I'm going to take like 1.5 to 2 hours to clean and tidy before I leave this morning. My guests are coming tonight. People try to carve out a day to do some thorough cleaning of their home, but I think it just takes 2-3 hours most to clean and tidy up the living space. My place is pretty much cleaned except for some things that are not organized and can be put away to give more space and etc. i.e. putting away clothes after laundry.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I clean the morning before I know guest are coming. Mostly the bathroom since a lot of people will be using it.

I hardly ever have guests over but I do some cleaning the night before. Not much to clean though. I don't let my guests roam my house and limit then to the the two living rooms and one toilet so I don't have to clean the other rooms. And I won't cook food either. I either get takeaway, buy it or prepare cold dishes.

But my mum goes crazy when guests come over. She is a neat freak. She starts cleaning from one week before up tot he minute before. She feels bad if the guests see even a speck of dust but really, I don't think guests care.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

lol yup, I do take out also. Less stressful.