Default Chinese Media Uses Gang Rape in India to Attack Democracy

Chinese Media Uses Gang Rape in India to Attack Democracy

By linking the gang rape to India’s system of government, Chinese
    state-run media argues that democracy is not something that should be
    sought after, because it doesn't necessarily offer a better life for the
    public.

Link

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9cb_1357107546

Democracy works well in some countries but not all countries. China was not, is not, and will not be a democracy. The current political system in China works very well so there is no need to change. Don't try to fix thing that works well.

Taiwan is arguably more Chinese than the Mainland because it never suffered the Cultural Revolution and Chiang Kai-shek took pains to ensure that Chinese culture thrived on the island. Democracy works great on Taiwan. I can't help but to think before the founding of the Republic of China, many, if not most, Chinese would say that China would never be able to survive without a Son of Heaven ruling the country. Yet, it's been 102 years now without an Emperor and not only has China not collapsed, it's thriving again. The only reason I can think of for anybody to think that Mainland China could not be a democracy is because those people have a vested interest in keeping the Commies in power.

Ugh, that's sick propaganda to validate the repression of human rights. I wonder how many of their poorer citizens working non-stop in factories for pennies would actually agree with that statement.

You need a well educated middle class to make democracy work. I think China is almost there.

Quote Originally Posted by ROI View Post
    You need a well educated middle class to make democracy work. I think China is almost there.
    While that's true, it's very tough when the government censors all information and twists stories to make their people think a certain way. I still think there's a long way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by BenLin1234 View Post
    While that's true, it's very tough when the government censors all information and twists stories to make their people think a certain way. I still think there's a long way to go.
    Too true. I think one of the biggest propaganda myths that the Communist Party tells is what a great job they've done. Sure, the Mainland has the #2 GDP in the world now. However, if you take the important things like Purchasing Power Parity, life span, quality of life, etc, and you compare those to the other governments in the Sinosphere: Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and even Singapore, the Communist Party has done the absolute worst job of all the governments the past 60+ years; Mainland China is still way behind. Even the Brits did better for Hong Kong and the Portuguese for Macau.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    Too true. I think one of the biggest propaganda myths that the Communist Party tells is what a great job they've done. Sure, the Mainland has the #2 GDP in the world now. However, if you take the important things like Purchasing Power Parity, life span, quality of life, etc, and you compare those to the other governments in the Sinosphere: Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and even Singapore, the Communist Party has done the absolute worst job of all the governments the past 60+ years; Mainland China is still way behind. Even the Brits did better for Hong Kong and the Portuguese for Macau.
    You have to compare apple to apple. Is Mainland China better than India?? My answer is YES.
    As for China, she needs to end all the affirmative actions toward the so called Minorities. Everyone should have the same right. Minorities Chinese should not have more right than Han Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    You have to compare apple to apple. Is Mainland China better than India?? My answer is YES.
    As for China, she needs to end all the affirmative actions toward the so called Minorities. Everyone should have the same right. Minorities Chinese should not have more right than Han Chinese.
    Is India populated by Chinese people? The answer is NO. You're comparing apples to oranges, not me. I'm comparing Chinese people to Chinese people. Imagine what Mainland China would be like now if Generalissimo Chiang had the chance to implement his economic policies for Taiwan on the Mainland. China's GDP would already be higher than the USA's. All of China would be as rich as Taiwan, not just the East Coast cities.
    Last edited by Dirt; 01-29-13 at 03:40 PM.