Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Romance of the Condor Heroes 《神雕侠侣》 - Chen Xiao, Michelle Chen

Quote Originally Posted by State of Divinity View Post
    I think CX is pretty much confirmed. And I agree that he doesn't seem to fit Yang Guo, if anything, he seems a bit small. He would probably look like a kid standing next to a giant condor. Not to mention that heavy blade he would be carrying.

I don't mind his acting though, as I thought he did fine playing LPZ.

heavy blade? I'm sure with Yu Zheng writing the script, it could be a small blade that is said to be heavy so that it would look like a perfect match.

Just like the Sun Wu Kong staff, it weight more than 1000 pounds but it can be transform big or small to even make it look like it not heavy at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSourSalt View Post
    Actually the ROTCH 2014 version was already being discussed in the swordsman 2013 thread. It just that no one have made the thread for it yet because it was too early.
    To which we have kayden to thank for starting the thread. I do believe SweetSourSalt has inadvertently complimented kayden. What a beautiful thing .

As long as there is news online, it isn't too early. kayden first posted on 24/2/2013 and one of the first ROCH articles to make it on Baidu was from 18/2/2013.

http://news.baidu.com/ns?word=%C9%F1...l=2&rn=20&ct=1

kayden has actually been quite timely.

YZ says ROCH 2013 will start filming in August 2013. Having seen changes such as the LHC/DFBB pairing, posters have amusingly predicted:

杨过的真爱大概会是雕兄了,小龙女伤心欲绝,尹志平最终抱得女神归
    YG's real love probably will be the condor, XLN in her heartbreak, means YZP finally gets the chance to carry off his goddess!

YZ says definitely no to above. Main story and character dynamics will stay the same. If anything, the love story will even be more exciting?

There is a few articles claiming XLN will initiate coyful gestures. Um, the actress hasn't even been decided yet.

One thing that interests me, is that YZ is interested in LQY's storyline. Now that, I would like to see fleshed out more as a story. For once, I think I might like YZ's direction.
    Last edited by NuDaFu; 02-24-13 at 06:17 AM.

There are some that say Chen Xiao is too small in physical appearance to fit the role of Yang Gor, but I say so why not put three months effort into beefing him up?

This article:

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/hqgj/jr...t_8334437.html

Claims to quote YZ as rejecting the claims of the roles having been decided on - he hasn't decided on any, so any other news is hearsay. The only decided one is CX as YG. He also denied YSS will play GX. YSS apparently is promised never to be second lead or guest role. If she is to participate in any YZ dramas, she will be a female lead. Therefore, if she will be part of ROCH 2013, she will be XLN.

Um, YZ honey, I don't think RYY was much of a 'female lead'.

If it came down to YSS and ZLY, I would much prefer ZLY. She has an innate grace to pull it off. She also has good chemistry with CX. Why YZ productions think YSS is such a potential I have no idea.

Ideal XLN: LSS. She is undoubtedly graceful, knows how to fight to make it look real good, and has demonstrated really good emoting as an actress. She might look a bit old for CX. Then again, so did Chan Yu Lian with Andy Lau.
    Last edited by NuDaFu; 02-24-13 at 06:25 AM.

As part of Ren Ying Ying being mistreated by the eunuch DFBB in Swordsman 2013, she should be made as XLN in ROTCH 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by kayden View Post
    Title : 神雕侠侣
    English title : Return of the Condor Heroes
    Genre: Ancient, Wuxia
    Filming year : 2013
    Producer: Yu Zheng
    source: baidu
    I'm kind of relieved to hear that there's going to be another remake of ROCH. I might be the only one who thought that the 2006 version was horrible. Always wanted another reboot, and here's hoping Yu Zheng knows what he's doing. And please, don't cast a LYF look alike as XLN because that would just be sad.

Thanks for starting this post Kayden. Don't worry about whether it's too soon to start a thread because that's what forum's for. Some people are just disappointed that you beat them to the punch. If you don't feel welcome here, come join my forum! hehe

YLS from Swordsman 2013 should be first daughter of Kwok Jing.
    RYY should be XLN.

since they were both mistreated by the eunuch DFBB.

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    If she is to participate in any YZ dramas, she will be a female lead. Therefore, if she will be part of ROCH 2013, she will be XLN.

Um, YZ honey, I don't think RYY was much of a 'female lead'.

If it came down to YSS and ZLY, I would much prefer ZLY. She has an innate grace to pull it off. She also has good chemistry with CX. Why YZ productions think YSS is such a potential I have no idea.

Ideal XLN: LSS. She is undoubtedly graceful, knows how to fight to make it look real good, and has demonstrated really good emoting as an actress. She might look a bit old for CX. Then again, so did Chan Yu Lian with Andy Lau.
    YSS already ruined RYY (one of my favorite characters) for me... I will be soooooo disappointed if she is cast as XLN

LSS would be a great cast since XLN is supposed to be older than YG anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by EastMagi View Post
    I'm kind of relieved to hear that there's going to be another remake of ROCH. I might be the only one who thought that the 2006 version was horrible. Always wanted another reboot, and here's hoping Yu Zheng knows what he's doing. And please, don't cast a LYF look alike as XLN because that would just be sad.

Thanks for starting this post Kayden. Don't worry about whether it's too soon to start a thread because that's what forum's for. Some people are just disappointed that you beat them to the punch. If you don't feel welcome here, come join my forum! hehe
    Thanks EastMagi !!!

Not really because it happen so many ages before that I seen in other forum site so I feel I must say what I need to say to those who are just not that active and just join to post a few posts about their favorite and than never discuss anything else. I just feel it's unethical.

I don't want to welcome someone who is only going to stay for a few moment.
    I'm sure a lot of us would like to contribute to the forum discussion as much as possible, but not everyone has the time to do that. I drop by this forum almost once a day to check out the latest posts and will post something if the discussion strikes my fancy.... like ROCH
    Last edited by EastMagi; 02-24-13 at 07:01 AM.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by kayden View Post
    YSS already ruined RYY (one of my favorite characters) for me... I will be soooooo disappointed if she is cast as XLN

LSS would be a great cast since XLN is supposed to be older than YG anyways.

Thanks EastMagi !!!

How could she have ruined RYY when the story was completely changed?
    Is it not the director fault? your favorite character? Have you read jin yong original novel of Xiao Ao Jiang Hu?

I think Ren Ying Ying would fit fine the character of Xiao Long Nu.

If anything, it was those taiwanese actor and actress that ruined it because all they were interested in was to be famous in the mainland and make quick gold and silver.

I think Taiwanese actor actress should stick to Taiwanese Drama series.
    Same goes for Hong Kong actor actress should stick to Hon Kong drama series.
    Same for Mainland actor actress. That way there's no need for tension.

I mean would you like it if there were some actor from another country taking on the role of a major character in a story from your country?

like if Yoshi Tatsu actor/performer from japan were to take on the role of Yang Gor, would that be okay with you?

YSS as XLN would be quite hilarious to watch. I wonder how she'd pull it off since she doesn't strike me as an ethereal beauty like LYF did. I think she'd make a good GF though....

Quote Originally Posted by happyswallow View Post
    YSS as XLN would be quite hilarious to watch. I wonder how she'd pull it off since she doesn't strike me as an ethereal beauty like LYF did. I think she'd make a good GF though....

I wonder how LYF look without make up.

I think YSS should be XLN for this because of how mistreated she was as the main role in XAJH 2013.

If anything, it was those taiwanese actor and actress that ruined it because all they were interested in was to be famous in the mainland and make quick gold and silver.
    They can only ruin it with their acting, not with their background...

In the entertainment world, it is a good thing for one to expand one career. If the industry follow your line of thinking then opportunity would be lost. Tension is created by personal problems...

I mean would you like it if there were some actor from another country taking on the role of a major character in a story from your country?
    That has nothing to do with your prior view. Background is one thing, race is another...

As for this production, I hope YZ will put more focus with plot consistency.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 02-24-13 at 03:33 PM.

How could she have ruined RYY when the story was completely changed?
    Is it not the director fault? your favorite character? Have you read jin yong original novel of Xiao Ao Jiang Hu?

I think Ren Ying Ying would fit fine the character of Xiao Long Nu.

like if Yoshi Tatsu actor/performer from japan were to take on the role of Yang Gor, would that be okay with you?
    Like Zhang Ziyi, Gong Li and Michelle Yeoh in "Memoirs of a Geisha"?

As long as they look the part, then I don't see why they can't be cast for the role. Diversity is always a good thing. Why do we have to make distinctions and discriminate against actors because of where they come from? If Yoshi Tatsu can act as well as he can wrestle, I don't see why he can't be considered for the role of Yang Guo.

Quote Originally Posted by EastMagi View Post
    Like Zhang Ziyi, Gong Li and Michelle Yeoh in "Memoirs of a Geisha"?

As long as they look the part, then I don't see why they can't be cast for the role. Diversity is always a good thing. Why do we have to make distinctions and discriminate against actors because of where they come from? If Yoshi Tatsu can act as well as he can wrestle, I don't see why he can't be considered for the role of Yang Guo.
    Because they are dominating too much, it seems like they don't want to give other in the mainland a chance, they just want to take it all. Why not be considerate about that?

Because they are dominating too much, it seems like they don't want to give other in the mainland a chance, they just want to take it all. Why not be considerate about that?
    You don't have to worry about that. The Chinese government declared more than a decade ago that any mainland series filmed on the mainland must feature at least one mainland actor in a lead role. HK and TW actors and actresses aren't taking roles away from mainland actors. They're just contributing to the series. In fact, they are far more bankable stars than mainland actors. Mainland series also target other Asian countries to sell their broadcast rights and licenses so it's only good business sense to cast someone that will help bring in more revenues and profits for the show.

Exclamation

Oh yeah? Tell me how RYY is the lead role if DFBB took all her role in Swordsman 2013?
    DFBB from Taiwan. LHC from Taiwan.
    So seems like RYY is the second role and not the main role lead role.

If it happen again in this series rotch than it will be too much.

Oh yeah? Tell me how RYY is the lead role if DFBB took all her role in Swordsman 2013?
    DFBB from Taiwan. LHC from Taiwan.
    So seems like RYY is the second role and not the main role lead role.

If it happen again in this series rotch than it will be too much.
    If you don't like this version, then wait for the next one (If this version is as bad as you say it is, there's a good chance another remake will go into production sooner than you think). I haven't watched this version so I don't know how it is. I saw the first episode and didn't think highly of it - I guess I was comparing it to the 2000 version with Anita Yuen which in my opinion was probably the best version of XAJH. I'm also aware that many people did not like it but I stand by my opinion

So why avoid the lead role thing?

So much for them saying one mainland actor or actress should be the lead main role but than turn out the taiwanese actor actress took it all.

if it happen in this rotch series again, it will be too much.

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    One thing that interests me, is that YZ is interested in LQY's storyline. Now that, I would like to see fleshed out more as a story. For once, I think I might like YZ's direction.
    I second this interest in developing the LCY and WCY storyline. I have always been quite confused on whether they were initially lover or it was an one-sided love towards WCY. I hope YZ find some good artistes to play these roles. I am also interested in how YZ will treat the love life of LMC. Did LZY seduce her and give her the wrong message then dump her or againm was it just an one-sided love?

I think when watching YZ series, we have to treat as a separate story instead of as an adaption because major changes to character and storyline are expected. It will be easier to enjoy that way. The good thing we can always look forward to is that YZ chooses some nice songs and he is good lyric writer.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly