Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Romance of the Condor Heroes 《神雕侠侣》 - Chen Xiao, Michelle Chen

YSS is a bit mature looking to play GF, As for YG I think it can be possible for CX to act well as the younger YG, hes not a bad actor. With the power of makeup they can make him look more mature when he plays the older YG

Quote Originally Posted by IloveMimiLo View Post
    YSS is a bit mature looking to play GF, As for YG I think it can be possible for CX to act well as the younger YG, hes not a bad actor. With the power of makeup they can make him look more mature when he plays the older YG

Also with them giant watermelon that they have been farming, this chen xiao can get buff and beefy looking in weeks.

I moved this to the blog.
    Last edited by PrinceKrillo; 03-12-13 at 05:51 AM.
    http://kibescorporation.blogspot.com/
    "The Universe is Zero-Sum ... Opposing Forces Maintaining an Intricate and Eternal Balance."
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceKrillo View Post
    Swordsman (The Smiling Proud Wanderer) (2013) - Yu Zheng's take on a classic novel. Like it or not, it's Yu Zheng's version, and if you think you can do better, than go ahead and produce your own series, and see how many people give a F.
    Oh but it has been done better, the 96 TVB version. (my opinion of course) Also whether if people will give a care about it or not, that shouldn't be a measurement for the quality of the work right? If that's the case, it'll just be a popularity contest...

As for Rotch, I hope YZ can make good of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSourSalt View Post
    Also with them giant watermelon that they have been farming, this chen xiao can get buff and beefy looking in weeks.
    Or YZ will cast a super skinny short XLN so it appears that Chen Xiao looks very big and manly

I thought about this again, and I realized that Yu Zheng can take virtually any boring, crap story and turn it into something intensely entertaining. He's already done this with countless historical events and figures.

Taking a closer look at the BEST of Yu Zheng's filmography:

The Legend of Chu Liu Xiang (2007) - this sucks simply because Gu Long's novels are all horrible and overrated. However, I really doubt anyone else could have produced a better version, so ... also, Emily Sun Feifei.
    Rouge Snow (2008) - it stars Fan Bingbing and Wallace Huo and the TITLE of the series is ROUGE SNOW. Enough said.
    Rose Martial World (2008) - post-Qing Dynasty wuxia. Enough said. Also features the incomparable Emily Sun Feifei. Even the title is insanely delightful.
    Schemes of a Beauty (2010) - the second greatest Chinese TV series to date, second only to Three Kingdoms (2010). Tense, mysterious, and full of plot twists and insane scheming from beginning to end. The epitome of storytelling. This is Yu Zheng's masterpiece You'd have to be pretty biased, pretty close-minded, and in general, pretty retarded not to appreciate this gemstone. Cast is made up of super pretty, super famous, super popular SUPERSTARS.
    Palace: The Locked Heart Jade (2011) - one of Yang Mi's finest roles to date. This is Yu Zheng's answer to Tong Hua's overrated The Scarlet Heart (Startling By Each Step). It is more fun, it is less draggy, and Yang Mi destroys Liu Shishi.
    Beauty World (2011) - the second installment in the "Beauty" series and the most superior telling of Wu Zetian's conspiracy story during the reign of China #1 emperor of all time, Li Shimin. The definitive story of Wu Zetian. Plenty of star power, and it mixes in tons of intrigue, tension, mystery, and drama. Feels like Schemes (2010) all over again. The difference? There's a SUPERNATURAL side to it as well. FTW.
    Palace 2 (2012) - sequel to its super popular predecessor that features even more stars (including Emily Sun Feifei) joining the mix.
    Beauties of the Emperor (2012) - the prequel to the INCOMPARABLE Schemes of a Beauty (2010) tells the Chu-Han Contention and the story of Liu Bang and Xiang Yu better than ANY OTHER SERIES THAT HAS COME BEFORE. Why? Simple. More relatable characters, more focus on the characters, more drama, more plot twists, and once again ... a much BETTER and more entertaining story than what history delivers. The reasons are just staring you right in the face. Get a brain and try to notice them.
    Beauties Without Tears (In Love With Power) (2012) - the fourth installment in the "Beauty" series and at the very least, superior to The Deer and the Cauldron. Why? Simple. The comparison is valid as both take place during ROUGHLY the same time period (early Qing), but 80% of the characters in "Beauties" aren't completely and utterly forgettable and pointless. The story is also focused and isn't messy and convoluted and in general, just a giant, epic FAIL like Royal Tramp. In addition, Zhang Meng stars as Hong Taiji's consort. Enough said.
    Swordsman (The Smiling Proud Wanderer) (2013) - Yu Zheng's take on a classic novel. Like it or not, it's Yu Zheng's version, and if you think you can do better, than go ahead and produce your own series, and see how many people give a F.

That's only about half of the TV series that Yu Zheng has either written or produced (in most cases, BOTH) to date. Maybe only about 40% of the total. But those are his best productions.

Not even Zhang Jizhong has any prerogative to talk here. The only exception might be Gao Xixi, for directing the single greatest television phenomenon in entertainment history (Three Kingdoms (2010)). But what the hell has Gao Xixi done since then? The Glamorous, Imperial Concubine (2011)? The Legend of Chu and Han (2012)? Meh.

Yu Zheng DESTROYS.

And if anyone can make an overrated piece of crap like The Return of the Condor Heroes entertaining ... it's Yu Zheng.

But he'll have to change EVERYTHING. Hopefully, that's exactly what he'll do. I want the story and the characters to be completely different. Because otherwise, I'll just end up throwing up again trying to stomach this garbage story.

If Yu Zheng casts Zhang Meng and Sun Feifei (two stars who exemplify BEAUTY and TALENT and have appeared in a number of Yu Zheng productions ... including BOTH of them appearing in Schemes of a Beauty) in his The Return of the Condor Heroes adaptation, then it will at least be worth watching. Just for that fact alone.

It's about time two of the most beautiful women on Earth appeared once again in a TV series produced by who is quickly becoming the greatest TV producer on Earth.
    I've really enjoy Scheming of beauty 2 more then 1, just because it was very long and draggy! Though it had star power it was only entertaining for me til the middle, then it went sour from there! I really hated Gong, didn't even want to finish it , and I had no idea at the time it was a copy of BBJX, when watching BBJX i thought it was pretty similar to Gong, in my opinion BBJX kicked Gong's *** to the curve and off a cliff. I think LSS kick Yang Mi's butt there too! Yang Mi is overrated to me, the only series I liked her in was ROCH 06.

Zhang Meng for me is cute not most beautiful, I watched a series called Xia Jia San Qian Jin with Tang Yan and Qi Wie both girls just out shine her with their beauty. I think SFF got some work done on her face, she is not as beautiful as she once was.

Or YZ will cast a super skinny short XLN so it appears that Chen Xiao looks very big and manly

Sure or they could just cgi her up.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSourSalt View Post
    Sure or they could just cgi her up.
    heh who knows maybe YZ will created the XLN from scratch, didn't they have a japanese girl group made from digital kaka. Anyways I hope it's not Zhang Meng, they do have that pattern where the same actress plays both XLN and WYY

heh who knows maybe YZ will created the XLN from scratch, didn't they have a japanese girl group made from digital kaka. Anyways I hope it's not Zhang Meng, they do have that pattern where the same actress plays both XLN and WYY

I hope they can do cantonese mandarin, one actor from beijing and one actress from guangzhuo.

they do have that pattern where the same actress plays both XLN and WYY
    I notice that, the 80s, the 90s, the 2000s. What's with that? Seems magical.

Quote Originally Posted by State of Divinity View Post
    Maybe because both are wooden characters and the actress just has to a stand and look pretty? XD

Quote Originally Posted by jin59 View Post
    Maybe because both are wooden characters and the actress just has to a stand and look pretty? XD
    Carmen lee is my best XLN, she was pretty good, not wooden at all.

Not to sure about that.

Not even Zhang Jizhong has any prerogative to talk here. The only exception might be Gao Xixi, for directing the single greatest television phenomenon in entertainment history (Three Kingdoms (2010)). But what the hell has Gao Xixi done since then? The Glamorous, Imperial Concubine (2011)? The Legend of Chu and Han (2012)? Meh.

If Yu Zheng casts Zhang Meng and Sun Feifei (two stars who exemplify BEAUTY and TALENT and have appeared in a number of Yu Zheng productions ... including BOTH of them appearing in Schemes of a Beauty) in his The Return of the Condor Heroes adaptation, then it will at least be worth watching. Just for that fact alone.

It's about time two of the most beautiful women on Earth appeared once again in a TV series produced by who is quickly becoming the greatest TV producer on Earth.
    Gao Xi Xi didn't direct The Glamourous Imperial Concubine (Qing Shi Huang Fei) 2011 right? I know Ruby Lin was the producer and Gao Xi Xi invested substantially in the series, but not sure if he lent his directing skills to it? Anyway, it was crap but still pretty entertaining. Legend of Chu & Han 2012 is terribly draggy.

I would like to see Sun Fei Fei as XLN actually, since she lost the role to Liu Yifei for ROCH2006. I don't think the age factor should matter that much in the XLN casting - she's 5 to 6 years older than YG after all.
    I ship Shi-Harem

Oh but it has been done better, the 96 TVB version. (my opinion of course) Also whether if people will give a care about it or not, that shouldn't be a measurement for the quality of the work right? If that's the case, it'll just be a popularity contest...

As for Rotch, I hope YZ can make good of it.
    Absolutely agree with you that the 96 TVB version is the best of the lot (in my opinion). Fiona Leung and Jackie liu had chemistry and were great as RYY and LHC.

I don't like any of the past XLN to date (not sure if all the actresses interpreted XLN as wooden or just didn't having the acting skills for the role), so hoping this latest version will cast someone who is beautiful and graceful with an ethereal quality. LSS is the best option so far among the actresses suggested. But she's with TangRen, so I don't think she's really an option since it's a YZ production.

I think Zhang Ting would be an amazing mature Huang Rong. She probably would have been good as a young Huang Rong if she was cast 10 years ago.

That look on Chen Xiao at the end of episode 42 in swordsman 2013 sure does look like the look for Yang Gor style.

I don't think entertaining alone is enough, quality is more important. But even in terms of entertaining, I got to say, in my opinion, there were only very few entertaining YZ dramas, perhaps I am just not the girly girl type who loves to watch women scheming over power and love, it's just not my thing.

The Legend of Chu Liu Xiang (2007) - this sucks simply because Gu Long's novels are all horrible and overrated. However, I really doubt anyone else could have produced a better version, so ... also, Emily Sun Feifei.
    Well, I didn't think that was entertaining, it didn't even pulled e through the first episode and I had to give it up. Besides Ken Chu as Chu Liu Xiang, that was such a miscast, I couldn't bear to watch more than I already did. Though I gitta agree with you Gu Long is indeed overrated, I don't really get his novels, well at least if I read them, I much ore enjoy the adaptions.

Rose Martial World (2008) - post-Qing Dynasty wuxia. Enough said. Also features the incomparable Emily Sun Feifei. Even the title is insanely delightful.
    This was good, but in my opinion probably not because of Sun Feifei, she is okay but nothing more than that, it was the ensemble cast that made the drama good, though nothing too memorable happened there.

Schemes of a Beauty (2010) - the second greatest Chinese TV series to date, second only to Three Kingdoms (2010). Tense, mysterious, and full of plot twists and insane scheming from beginning to end. The epitome of storytelling. This is Yu Zheng's masterpiece You'd have to be pretty biased, pretty close-minded, and in general, pretty retarded not to appreciate this gemstone. Cast is made up of super pretty, super famous, super popular SUPERSTARS.
    Indeed, it started out great, I thought I was watching one of the best palace dramas, but then in the middle when they gained the throne, it pretty went downhill, I needed almost a year later to pick it up again and watch it till the end, and I guess I would have never done so if my mom didn't want to watch this drama. But gotta agree, this was probably YZ's best drama.
    Palace: The Locked Heart Jade (2011) - one of Yang Mi's finest roles to date. This is Yu Zheng's answer to Tong Hua's overrated The Scarlet Heart (Startling By Each Step). It is more fun, it is less draggy, and Yang Mi destroys Liu Shishi.
    I got to say, I never new it was a copy of BBJX when I watched it. And I gotta say I enjoyed iit thoroughly. One very entertaining and fluffy teeny romance set in the Qing era. For a good enteraining series, indeed, this was probably YZ's best. And FSF and YM performance were great, it made me into a totally FengMi until they shattered my dream...but compare it to BBJX in terms of quality it is miles away, BBJX was just perfect, for a tragical political palace drama, BBJX was far tthe best drama I've ever watched. And if I ompare YM and LSS, I think both were equally good in their performance, I always though LSS wasn't the best actress, but she proved me wrong in BBJX.
    Beauty World (2011) - the second installment in the "Beauty" series and the most superior telling of Wu Zetian's conspiracy story during the reign of China #1 emperor of all time, Li Shimin. The definitive story of Wu Zetian. Plenty of star power, and it mixes in tons of intrigue, tension, mystery, and drama. Feels like Schemes (2010) all over again. The difference? There's a SUPERNATURAL side to it as well. FTW.
    This was so uninteresting, I stopped halfway in the first episode.
    Palace 2 (2012) - sequel to its super popular predecessor that features even more stars (including Emily Sun Feifei) joining the mix.
    This was just disgusting. I only watched a few minutes in the beginning, considering my FengMi fandom...
    Beauties of the Emperor (2012) - the prequel to the INCOMPARABLE Schemes of a Beauty (2010) tells the Chu-Han Contention and the story of Liu Bang and Xiang Yu better than ANY OTHER SERIES THAT HAS COME BEFORE. Why? Simple. More relatable characters, more focus on the characters, more drama, more plot twists, and once again ... a much BETTER and more entertaining story than what history delivers. The reasons are just staring you right in the face. Get a brain and try to notice them.
    Made it to Ep5 but totally lost interest then.
    Beauties Without Tears (In Love With Power) (2012) - the fourth installment in the "Beauty" series and at the very least, superior to The Deer and the Cauldron. Why? Simple. The comparison is valid as both take place during ROUGHLY the same time period (early Qing), but 80% of the characters in "Beauties" aren't completely and utterly forgettable and pointless. The story is also focused and isn't messy and convoluted and in general, just a giant, epic FAIL like Royal Tramp. In addition, Zhang Meng stars as Hong Taiji's consort. Enough said.
    Seriously, this was one bad thing too. First it was kind of interesting, but then continuing to watch YSS's face + Zhang Mengs's face made be barf...and it wasn't particularly about them, I just hate seeing woman fighting in the palace over and over again.
    Oh well, I guess I said enough in that thread how much I loathe YZ was killing this novel.
    Yu Zheng DESTROYS.

And if anyone can make an overrated piece of crap like The Return of the Condor Heroes entertaining ... it's Yu Zheng.

But he'll have to change EVERYTHING. Hopefully, that's exactly what he'll do. I want the story and the characters to be completely different. Because otherwise, I'll just end up throwing up again trying to stomach this garbage story.
    Exactly YZ destroys, he destroys just everything he puts a finger on. Seriously if he changes everything, he might as well give the drama another title and don't dirty this novel.

Oh well, I doN't see where Zhang Meng is that pretty and as for Sun Feifei, the girl definitely got a nose job done. Anyway, beauty lays in the eyes of the beholder.

But back to topic, I'll probably strangle YZ if he messes ROCH up like messed XAJH up. Chen Xiao might be okay as YG, but still, I don't think he is handsome enough, I don't know I just don't get the YG vibe from him, well let's see. Actually for now I don't see any actress good enough for XLN. But actually she doesn't need to be a good actress for that character, so I hope for a new fresh face, that is beautiful enough for probably the most beautiful maiden there ever was in wuxia-jin-yong-universe.

Thuchen...I agree with everything you said! ^^ Comparing Gong with BBJX is like comparing a hamburger and a fancy steak dinner. I guess you can figure out which is which...

I'm excited to see Zhang Ting as Huang Rong. Haven't seen her in a very long time and she was so spunky in the drama with Vincent Jiao. I think she embodies the spirited girl tempered down by maturity and age.
    If ZLY is in this, I would like to see her as Guo Xiang!

On a sidenote, was Beauties of the Emperor already released??!! I'm up for watching it (mainly to see how YZ tackled the XY-LZ-LB triangle), but there's a difference between telling a historical series of event WELL and throwing a bunch of fodder together to capture the audience's attention.

Quote Originally Posted by happyswallow View Post

I'm excited to see Zhang Ting as Huang Rong. Haven't seen her in a very long time and she was so spunky in the drama with Vincent Jiao. I think she embodies the spirited girl tempered down by maturity and age.
    If ZLY is in this, I would like to see her as Guo Xiang!

On a sidenote, was Beauties of the Emperor already released??!! I'm up for watching it (mainly to see how YZ tackled the XY-LZ-LB triangle), but there's a difference between telling a historical series of event WELL and throwing a bunch of fodder together to capture the audience's attention.
    Zhang ting would be great as Huang rong would be great. And I agree I would like to have zly as Guo xiang too. She has that pretty and cute spirit, suits the character.

And yes beauties of the emperor is released already. You can find it by its Chinese title on YouTube. Sadly it failed to capture me, stopped watching at ep5 but consider the cast, it is worth trying to watch.

Thucen - I couldn't have said it better than you. Honestly, the only production from YZ that I actually liked was Schemes of a Beauty....everything else is shyte to hell. But even that series got boring half-way through and I never managed to finish. The first half was amazing though.

Let's just hope YZ won't butcher ROCH too too much. It's my favorite from JY and I don't want his novel tainted. Then again, it's YZ...so you know there's going to be a scene where Yang Guo embraces the female condor and flower petals fall from the sky, then a love song plays in the background, fading to black lol