Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: The Romance of the Condor Heroes 《神雕侠侣》 - Chen Xiao, Michelle Chen

I also agree that Zhang Ting would make a great mature Huang Rong. I can see Zhao Li Ying as Guo Xiang and I thinks she'd play that role to a T. I can also see Yang Rong as Guo Fu. I don't know, maybe I'm just so used to her playing the wicked/obnoxious roles. She would make a great Guo Fu, one that everyone would hate hahaha Please do not cast YSS as XLN...she makes me barf into my own mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I think when watching YZ series, we have to treat as a separate story instead of as an adaption because major changes to character and storyline are expected. It will be easier to enjoy that way.
    There has to be a certain degree of connection with the original material despite major changes. I like changes - it gives a fresh perspective to beloved material. What I don't like is changes for the sake of changes, which YZ seems to do with the finesse of an elephant.

Quote Originally Posted by happyswallow
    I'm excited to see Zhang Ting as Huang Rong. Haven't seen her in a very long time and she was so spunky in the drama with Vincent Jiao. I think she embodies the spirited girl tempered down by maturity and age.
    Same here.

I hope YZ adds a bit more juice between the older GJ and HR. There was this edgy spark I felt between Liang Jia Ren and Ao Yang Pei Shan in the 80's version. Even though LJR seemed like a hopeless block half the time, AYPS made the chemistry appear out of nothing with her sheer awesomeness. Old GH and HR are so cute.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSourSalt View Post
    Just look at the debate forum for example and you will know how much I'm into this forum.
    I joined here for 2 months but already I'm posting more than you that joined since april 2003.

It's awesome to have someone that is not at high level to play high character role. I say lets watch his Chen Xiao kick some fun into the role of Yang Gor.
    Having more posts doesn't mean u were posting useful stuffs if u were just posting repetitive things all the time. And it's not up to u to judge who can or cannot start a topic here. If U think this is a worthless topic to discuss now then just don't post here.

Quote Originally Posted by Luanee View Post
    Having more posts doesn't mean u were posting useful stuffs if u were just posting repetitive things all the time. And it's not up to u to judge who can or cannot start a topic here. If U think this is a worthless topic to discuss now then just don't post here.

To some who can understand things like Prime Leader Cao Cao of Han Dynasty, what I'm saying could be very meaningful. To some who is only look to be entertained, will not understand anything at all.

To some who can understand things like Prime Leader Cao Cao of Han Dynasty, what I'm saying could be very meaningful. To some who is only look to be entertained, will not understand anything at all.
    Your words are only as good as you make them.

A thousand post of feelings can still be seen as repetitive despite its intentions...

That aside, I fear ROCH will have a dumb ending, even if YZ manage to make the series good/entertaining. I have seen and heard about him and his poor ways of wrapping up a story. Hopefully that is not the case and he ends up surprising everyone. But at this point, I doubt it. YZ apparently got ways to go with story consistency.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 02-26-13 at 05:35 PM.

For those who only seek to be entertained like the leadership of the song dynasty in ROTCH will never understand the wisdom of men like Genghis Khan and Kublai Khan.

The main purpose of mainstream dramas and movies is to entertain the mass audience, in case ur high and mighty is still not aware if that by now. There are other media like documentaries and history books to do the rest.

I usually do not reply to trolls so this shall be my last reply to u, have a good day.

Is there a need to resort to name calling and harsh words?

Perhaps some don't consider Jin Yong novel great literature to read and learn from but only think of it as entertainment values.

Thanks Kayden for starting this thread. One of Jin Yong's novel fans and am very delighted that ROTCH will be adapted again. But I am not having my hopes very high, knowing that this is YZ producing. As far as I am concerned, I like this rumored casts. CX for YG is fine for me. I just hope he does not cast YSS as XLN as what he did to RYY.

Quote Originally Posted by yyouus View Post
    Thanks Kayden for starting this thread. One of Jin Yong's novel fans and am very delighted that ROTCH will be adapted again. But I am not having my hopes very high, knowing that this is YZ producing. As far as I am concerned, I like this rumored casts. CX for YG is fine for me. I just hope he does not cast YSS as XLN as what he did to RYY.
    If he casts YSS as XLN, I can betcha people would ship YG with Guo Fu throughout the series. With YZ, anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    There has to be a certain degree of connection with the original material despite major changes. I like changes - it gives a fresh perspective to beloved material. What I don't like is changes for the sake of changes, which YZ seems to do with the finesse of an elephant.
    Just like you, I'm also open to fresh material, deviations and interpretations of a popular wuxia epic. Although I'm wondering how come Jin Yong is giving so much leeway to China producers now. He kicked up such a fuss in the 1990s about TVB "butchering" his material. But now, with China producers like YZ, anything goes!
    Last edited by xiaolong; 02-26-13 at 09:33 PM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

Quote Originally Posted by RYYfan View Post
    I also agree that Zhang Ting would make a great mature Huang Rong. I can see Zhao Li Ying as Guo Xiang and I thinks she'd play that role to a T. I can also see Yang Rong as Guo Fu. I don't know, maybe I'm just so used to her playing the wicked/obnoxious roles. She would make a great Guo Fu, one that everyone would hate hahaha Please do not cast YSS as XLN...she makes me barf into my own mouth!

Im sorry but I don't really think Chen Xiao can pull off the role of YG., and yes please no more YSS. I'm so sick of her face and her acting. I so glad I didnt watch Gong no match how many ppl told m the story was "good". But if it production came from YZ i don't see how it can be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Luanee View Post

Dont sweat it with SweetSourSalt apparently he/she is like the YSS of the forum

To: SweetSourSalt if you have nothing nice to say or cant stick with the topic, why do you wish to start trouble and make it hard on ppl that actually come here to enjoy themselves. Its cause of ppl like you that no one wants to stay in the forum

Quote Originally Posted by State of Divinity View Post
    Your words are only as good as you make them.

A thousand post of feelings can still be seen as repetitive despite its intentions...

That aside, I fear ROCH will have a dumb ending, even if YZ manage to make the series good/entertaining. I have seen and heard about him and his poor ways of wrapping up a story. Hopefully that is not the case and he ends up surprising everyone. But at this point, I doubt it. YZ apparently got ways to go with story consistency.

After Swordsman 2013, I have no hope for this drama... sigh and the cast is not that attractive (which is one of the major drive for viewership and rating)

I wonder how the mongol will plan to take that fortress in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    If he casts YSS as XLN, I can betcha people would ship YG with Guo Fu throughout the series. With YZ, anything can happen.

Just like you, I'm also open to fresh material, deviations and interpretations of a popular wuxia epic. Although I'm wondering how come Jin Yong is giving so much leeway to China producers now. He kicked up such a fuss in the 1990s about TVB "butchering" his material. But now, with China producers like YZ, anything goes!

Its all about the money. Although TVB can roll in on the viewership of series, their pay is dirt poor even to their A list actors/actresses. China usually would offer to pay 5X what TVB can offer and in this economy, money talks.

Will the person playing as the great kublai khan who took over the mainland be as strong as portrayed by history?

they really need the right gals for the roles. joe chen n yss, don't have the most beautiful look. chen xiao, he would fit yang guo, basically like louis koo version. i really wanted nic tse or hu ge to play yang guo, or even wallace huo could've pulled em off.

xln, not sure, someone that has beauty without makeup. most girls joe, yss, etc that yz promotes are just average looking girls that are attractive on in there own way but i think we would agree theres alot way better actresses that can be place for this role, guo fu i can see tang yang playing, yang mi would've been cool to see. ruby lin probably make a good adult huang rong considering her age, or to be better, bring althena chu to reprise her role, and julian cheng. like with what demi god semi devil is doing, reuniting some old cast members as cameo, since huang rong and guo jing are cameo roles, it'll be easy to pull off. if i were yz i would invest in a listers, bring in tvb/ atv actors. i would like to see ada choi as li mou chou. heck raymond lam could take contract with yz since he has no contract i think and play yang guo.

they would really need to have better sword fight scenes instead of just using cgi, this isn't a video game, and state of divinity 2013 made it seem like i was watching cp series. its cool for that genre, but not for wuxia makes it look so cheesy.

i think Guli Nazha would be most fit for XLN, but I don't think she would star in YZ production since she is with tangren.

Quote Originally Posted by IloveMimiLo View Post
    i think Guli Nazha would be most fit for XLN, but I don't think she would star in YZ production since she is with tangren.
    Yeah, if XLN doesn't require any acting. She would look good. She was in Jay Chou's music video and I swear she and the guy just ruin what would have been such a beautiful mv.

I'll follow casting news with interest and cross my fingers that YZ doesn't cast his usual actors, but I know I won't be watching this just like I didn't watch his version of XAJH. ROCH is already a hard story to get right (though I have to admit I actually really enjoyed ROCH06; it was a guilty pleasure of mine) and I really can't imagine enjoying a YZ series.

And, wow, there is serious sass going on in this thread. It's a forum and people can post whatever they want, as long as it contributes in some way. Who is anyone to judge another person's commitment to a forum? And why is that even an issue? It's a forum, not a long distance relationship. @SweetSourSalt: this isn't your forum even if you've posted loads in a short time. I'm sorry if you feel betrayed by leaving members, but that doesn't mean people can't post what they want to, especially if they're making valuable contributions like the original poster of this thread.

I wonder how LYF look without make up.
    Beautiful, actually.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次